Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toys that can't be destroyed?

Post Thanks / Like

Kingston's Mom,

THe day after we brought Kosmo home he choked on his rope toy's threads. I had to go in after them and pull them out of his throat. He really likes that toy, but I find it's better to just not give it to him. That way I don't have to worry.

Funny you mention the pacifier. I forgot to mention, that's kosmo's FAVORITE toy. He LOVES to play tug with it. We got it the night we brought him home and it is still alive and well today (which is unusual for his toys.) It's the only survivor.

Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Sara, I hate to appear a wet blanket again, but be careful about playing tug, if Kosmoo grips the toy with his front (small teeth). Joly, as a puppy, lost a tooth from his front lower jaw and the vet reckoned it must have been pulled out while playing tug with Teddy. She said it often happened with dogs playing tug, because those front teeth are not as well rooted as the teeth behind the canines.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara,

Thanks for your concerns. Kosmo is much older now and has his adult teeth. Since he's been small I've always practiced "safe tug" with him, meaning that I do not tug at all. I hold it, and he tugs. I don't shake it from side to side either. I don't want to hurt him. Also he bites the big part of the pacifier so there is no way it could accidently get wrapped around part of his teeth or anything. I have the ring.

Thanks for your concerns though - I would hate to de-tooth him.
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

I did say that Joly was a puppy, but it's the adult tooth he lost, so he's gappy. He'll be more so soon as he needs two molars, which are at a funny angle removing, as they are being pushed out of his gum.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.