Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what food as treats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what food as treats?

are there any good treat ideas out there for jadan who is chicken, wheat and gluten intolerant? not to mention others. i had word from some of you that your little pooches had tummy troubles with chicken etc so what do you give as a treat that isnt there normal food. he likes the odd carrot and i have a list of other kitchen food that he can eat but would like some tried and tested ones from others with less tolerable tummies, so i dont keep putting him through trials. sometimes i want him to have a good chew on something that isnt a nylabone!
    my mummy lurrrrves me!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

bully stick, hooves--if you're looking for chew treats as opposed to behavior reward treats. the pet store person told me compressed hoof was better than the actual hoof, you can buy either one, but they said there would be less likelihood of pieces breaking off that might be too big if swallowed.

for behavior reward treats, zack loves Merricks Lamb fillet squares. i think they're about 70% protein and only 10% fat. He also loves this salmon treat, it's about 90% salmon, crunchy pieces, definitely smells like salmon. he really loves both of those.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the holistic pet food store yesterday and saw some salmon strips. Fish is wonderful.. ..
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried fresh fruit, mine both love cantaloupe, bananas, apples.

You can also buy EVO treats which have no gluten/wheat in them all protein you will need to make sure they don't have chicken in them sorry my package is at the cottage or I would check for you.

Mine also love peas, string beans and carrots.

As for chewy I give bully sticks.

I am sure you can find treats in the store which are Gluten Free

Post Thanks / Like

OK, i just checked the bag. The salmon treats are Lakse Kronch 85% Real Salmon, made in Denmark. 45% protein, and 40% fat (!)--because it's salmon, it says the fat is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. www.activepetfeeds.com

I also have some rabbit strips i just got recently which zack loves. It's called Cadet Gourmet Real Meat Snack Dog Treats, oven roasted rabbit fillets, 70% protein, 4% fat, 18% moisture, 100% meat.

These are made in China.....

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any lamb and rice treats out there I wonder? I bought some very good treats a while back, and I think Nutro made them.
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a quick check, and they also make biscuits for sensitive stomachs too! My dogs did great on the biscuits that I got for them, I was impressed!!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

We get Buddy Biscuits, sweet potato flavor. It's corn and wheat free although it does contain barley.

https://www9.mailordercentral.com/cl...sp?number=W129
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are also things like Sam's yams, venison treats, etc. www.sitstay.com does all sorts of treats.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

There are Liv a Littles treats which are freeze dried meat in Beef, Lamb, Cod, and Salmon. (They also have chicken but you won't be wanting this!)