• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what food as treats?

Allergy friendly treats

YAY! First time post! I have two cavaliers that don't have any food allergies or intolerance. However my Shih tzu is allergic to everything but oxygen (wheat, corn, soy etc). In turn, my cavies miss out on a lot because I don't want to risk a skin flare up in my shih tzu. I found these excellent treats that are called peanut butter drops, which is basically what they are. They come in a bright orange ziplock bag and are relatively inexpensive. Also, Wellness just came out with a new treat that is made of Salmon and fruit. Those are a lot more costly but are most likely better for the babies. Never EVER give a cavalier raw hide. In my experience with my two, and also my mother in-law's dog, it makes them bleed from the rectum. NO FUN for either party.

Eeep. Admittedly I've never given much rawhide, and I watch them like a hawk when they do have it, but I've never seen that happen. Then again, mine seem to eat rawhide in very much piecemeal fashion- it took Holly weeks to remove the single strip of rawhide around her original ring.

I'm a huge fan of the JWB's Crackerjacks. Both my girls love them. Also 'Nature's Menu' chicken treats have gone down a storm. I also give frozen green beans to Holly, but not sure if it would be a good idea for Chloe or not. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt her- she seems to eat everything and anything with no ill effects, whereas Holly has always been more cautious about food. My dad complains Holly always acts as if he's going to poison her, even when he offers chicken which she adores :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear about Charlie, Donna - was really hoping that this would work for him :(

Did he do an exclusion diet? Minimum of 8 weeks on one novel protein and one carbohydrate, both of which haven't been given before.

I know he's had the allergy testing, but didn't know if this had been tried.

thanks all for your replies. sory i didnt get back sooner. lots of treat ideas here. thanks. JD should be spoilt for choice. i was mainly going for a good chew as i didnt want to give him the pigs ear..which he loves....but is very fattening :? and i found out what bully sticks are.. :shock: :shock: will have to have areally good look round my pet store, cant seem to find anything like that!. JD loved his peanut butter in his kongtoy. but thats something else that doesnt love him. :( i would give this to him to take his mind off us leaving the room. as it took him ages to get it out. but it made him a bit loose! have tried the JWB rice crackers and think they are ok, but still not a really good chew!. something that will get him to lay still for longer that a second. icon_whistling :) :D

Not sure where you are? If you are in the Uk - asda's tripe sticks seem to have no negative effects ( the Merls has a sensitive tummy too)

Back