• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rudee at the Vets.

Claire L

Rudee had trouble walking last week .She seemed to be losing the power in her back right leg. When I took her to the beach she walked along for a little while and then stopped and sat down. At first we thought that maybe she was being clever - you know - if she sat down then she could wait for us to pick her up again on the way back, unless of one of us has treats and then she would definitely walk along no problem. But this time was different; she just looked too uncomfortable so I picked her up and carried her and she didn't complain ( very unusual for Rudee)

Yesterday morning it was clear that there was something not right and she was in pain. We went to the Vet and he gave her a Pethadine(not sure about the spelling) and an anti-inflamatory injection. She could not stand up and when she tried to walk she fell over. He said it could be the discs in her back but we'd have to wait 24 hours to see if the meds changed anything.
We took her home and I spent the day sitting by her side just trying to make her comfortable and reassure her by my touch. Needless to say I spent the whole day sobbing for my baby.
By early afternoon she was still showing signs of pain and I called the vet. At this point I was praying to God to take my little girl because there is no way on earth that I would allow her to suffer any pain . We went back to the Vet and he gave her Two more injections and said we should wait and see how she got through the night.

She seemed to settle better last night and I managed to get her to pee at 5 am this morning and then she slept until 8.30am . She also did a poo this morning but it caused her a bit of discomfort. We went back to the Vet this morning and he X-rayed her and she has Spondylosis. This is a chronic condition but having said that , she appears to be much better today. She is too old to put her through surgery and right now the Vet has given me Norocarp 20mg tabs to give her over the next few days. The problem with anti -inflams is that they can cause vomiting and other tummy troubles but we'll just have to wait and see.

My little girl is going through a tough time at the moment and my heart is breaking for her.I love her so much and I can't bear the thought that she might be in pain and I wouldn't know it. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and I'll let you know how we go...
Thanks

Oh Claire. I hope Rudee is feeling better soon. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. There are meds for the nausea/vomiting with the antiinflam meds. My basset had a GI bleed with the steroid injection for her back within hours. The vet gave her carafate orally and injections of Cimetidine that I could give at home. Hoping for better days for Rudee.

Hugs for Rudee; we'll all be hoping the new meds help her so that she can continue to bring you so much pleasure. :flwr:

Hope Rudee will be feeling much better soon. Poor little girl. You are both in our thoughts. :flwr:

Aww Claire,

Bless you for having so much understanding with Rudee. You seem to look at the situation with such concern and thought with your little girl. I will be praying for her and hoping for the best for this. :flwr:

WE LOVE YOU RUDEE POOHS! You gotta get better for your mommy and also so we can hear all of your lovely stories. ;)

i hope she keeps doing better. watching her suffer is awful, a helpless feeling. :( my stepdad had it and he was helped a lot by medication, and really enjoyed life in spite of it. (spondylosis)

Oh Claire, :flwr:

not your precious little Rudee,

sending all my love and prayers that she turns the corner and bounces right back...

We all love her, such a very special girl. xxx :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Poor little sweet Rudee! Oh how hard it must be to watch her in pain. I know she takes comfort in knowing how much you love and care for her. I hope and pray that the meds work and she is feeling better very soon. Hugs and kisses for that cute little girl :flwr:

Heidi and Nifa join with everyone else here sending Rudee their love . Rally round little girl and continue to bring your Mummy lots of joy.
Mimi

Oh Claire special hugs and love for you and Rudee...so many positive thoughts coming from here, Rudee you've just stolen all our hearts xxx

Hope she will be more comfortable soon....

Norma's Arne also has Spondolyosis...they are managing his and he's getting about ok at the moment.

Claire, I'm so sorry Rudee is ill. :(
I wish I could take away her pain.
I hope she is better real soon.
Thinking about you both..
:flwr:

Oh {{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I am so sorry that Rudee is a poorly pup. I am sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks thinking of you both. We all love Rudee so much on here, she's such a lovely old lady, bless her.

Hope she soon recovers and is wagging her lovely tail at you again.

:flwr: Get well soon {{{{{{{{Rudee}}}}}}}} :flwr: We all :lotsaluv: love you :lotsaluv: xxxxx

Back