Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my sweet Heaven. Your support has been so helpful...

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about the loss of Heaven. It is very hard to lose a beloved pet but when it is unexpected and she was so young, it's doubly as hard. She was absolutely lovely. The photo is beautiful.
    J.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm so sad to hear about heaven leonhardt. what a loss. i enjoyed seeing her pictures and was able to sense her lovely spirit from her image and your words. I'm so sorry she had to go, and in such a shocking way, much too soon. may you find comfort and peace in time.
    judy

Post Thanks / Like

I had to come and check before bed, you have all been so helpful to me today. I can't even tell you how much it means to me to have caring and empathetic friends to my loss and sadness. I know she is probably very happy where she is now. It certainly is tough for those left behind. It was a very trying day and I imagine I will have a few more of these. Everything seems to remind me of her. I know I shouldn't blame myself, but I keep asking the question "Could her death have been prevented, was I careless and oblivious to an obvious danger?" I don't know. I think I would rather believe she died suddenly and without pain of natural causes. There did not appear to have been any suffering. I can only pray. Thank you again for all your support, it's been incredibly helpful. God Bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by judy
    i'm so sad to hear about heaven leonhardt. what a loss. i enjoyed seeing her pictures and was able to sense her lovely spirit from her image and your words. I'm so sorry she had to go, and in such a shocking way, much too soon. may you find comfort and peace in time.
    judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh that is just a wonderful photo, a treasured memory for you.

I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Kitty - she was obviously very special and it's a dreadful shock to cope with a sudden loss like this {we lost one of our Cavaliers at the same age who hadn't been ill, so I do understand...don't worry, it's extremely rare to lose a Cavalier like that}

It's even harder for you with Shaun away, it might be a good idea to spend some time with family, if they understand, as they will support you.

Sending comforting thougths, we believe that our companions wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge and one day we will all be reunited. There they are free of pain and play happily together.

i hope that your beautiful Willow will help to ease the pain you are feeling.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for you loss x
    Kerry & Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. I've lost two kitties a couple of years apart each at the age of 13. Absolutely broke my heart. Heaven was a beautiful beautiful girl. Remember her with good thoughts.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I did stay with my mom last night. I went home and packed a bag and the obvious void in our home Heaven has left was unbearable, I cried and left. On the way over to mom's I saw a white kitty so I pulled over and watched it and I cried. I just miss her so much. I have found myself looking at the SPCA website already in hopes of finding a little white female... I am sure that is not healthy though right now. Need to grieve and when the pain subsides then maybe get another kitty. I will try and focus on giving Willow the love and attention she needs right now too as I know she misses Heaven too. I did not know about the Rainbow Bridge. It is comforting to know that she will be waiting there to greet my one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Oh that is just a wonderful photo, a treasured memory for you.

I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Kitty - she was obviously very special and it's a dreadful shock to cope with a sudden loss like this {we lost one of our Cavaliers at the same age who hadn't been ill, so I do understand...don't worry, it's extremely rare to lose a Cavalier like that}

It's even harder for you with Shaun away, it might be a good idea to spend some time with family, if they understand, as they will support you.

Sending comforting thougths, we believe that our companions wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge and one day we will all be reunited. There they are free of pain and play happily together.

i hope that your beautiful Willow will help to ease the pain you are feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about little Heaven. Hope she's with her friends at the Bridge chasing the bunnies & having a great time

I lost two puddies a few years ago, one aged 18mths and one aged 2 yrs - brothers as well. I know how horrid it feels when they don't come home

Go cuddle Willow tight and take comfort from her, I'll bet she's missing Heaven too

Thinking of you xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I had a scare yesterday. I came home at lunch to check on Willow and she had been sick in her kennel, diarrhea and vomiting. After just losing Heaven I couldn't bear the thought of her being sick. I had a little meltdown as I bathed her, I sobbed for her to not be ill and cried for Heaven again as well. When she was all clean and on my lap, she kissed me and snuggled close to my face while I cried. I brought her to work with me and watched her and she is ok. Being at my moms has taken her toll on her, she had eaten some of my moms pups food and isn't used to it. We had taken it away from her now. I have a new found comfort in Willow now, we bonded yesterday I think for the first time since I brought her home. After Heaven died, Willow was of no comfort to me the first 2 days... my grief was too much. But I think what happened yesterday scared me and made me realize that I need to cherish the one I have left. So I brought her to sleep with me last night for the first time (that was always Heaven's place) and we snuggled till I realized Willow was going to squirm too much for me to get a good sleep! ha ha (I was on my mom's couch so not much room as it was).

Thank you all for your kind words. I am feeling better today, but the tears are still there when I see her pictures and remember the feel of her fur, the little noises she would make when we snuggled, the purring that would put me to sleep.... dammit, tissue... I am off to work for the day. Take care all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    I'm so sorry about little Heaven. Hope she's with her friends at the Bridge chasing the bunnies & having a great time

I lost two puddies a few years ago, one aged 18mths and one aged 2 yrs - brothers as well. I know how horrid it feels when they don't come home

Go cuddle Willow tight and take comfort from her, I'll bet she's missing Heaven too

Thinking of you xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's good that you are bonding more with Willow, she really will help you at this time, Cavaliers are very understanding.

Sorry about the tummy upset, it prob was the different food, she may also be upset by the change in scenery and because you are upset.

This website may help you

http://www.petloss.com/

They do a wonderful candle ceremony on a Monday evening...it really helped me.

This is the Rainbow Bridge story

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

and this is a wonderful animated version, definitely need the tissues for this one though

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Thinking of you - I understand about the looking for another Kitty, but perhaps try to wait a little...when the time is right another one will come into your life.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org