• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lost my sweet Heaven. Your support has been so helpful...

:(
Lisa_05-Oct-2006_063-small-1.jpg

I have added more pictures of Heaven on the second page of this forum.

My sweet kitty Heaven passed suddenly yesterday. She was only 5 and was just coming to love our new puppy, Willow. I had an incredible bond with that cat. The moment i picked her out of the pile of kittens and held her, I thought I was chosing her. I loved her instantly. Turns out, she chose me. SHe put her tiny paw on my face and stared at me. Since then, she has always touched my face when we cuddle. We do not know what happened to our precious girl, but it's agony without her. Willow was walking around the house with her collar in her mouth, she was searching for her. It is a very very sad day for us. I hope she didn't suffer. I hope she knew how much i loved her. I know she was happy though, right up till the day she passed. She loved everyone! She was known for how uniquely affectionate she was. Head butts and purrs for everyone! I miss her so much, it hurts. I never knew losing a pet could be this hard.
Heaven Leonhardt July 7 2001-October 16, 2006

That's a really touching story about Heaven and a very beautiful photo you have. I'm sure she's happy wherever she might be. It's harder for the ones left behind, but will get better :flwr:

Oh, I'm just so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet and I hate you are going through such a hard time. It sounds like you gave your sweet kitty shuch a wonderful life. Hang in there sweetie, it does get better! You are in our thoughts!

What a beautiful picture! Thank you for sharing! *ng*l

heaven-small.jpg

Thank you all so much for your thoughts. It has been a hard day but it has really helped to come back here and read. Shaun is out of town now for a week. :( With Heaven gone and Willow not yet house broken, I have no one to cuddle with. I think I will go and spend the night at my moms. I half expect heaven to greet me at the door when I get home... it's so surreal right now.

RileysMom said:
Oh, I'm just so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet and I hate you are going through such a hard time. It sounds like you gave your sweet kitty shuch a wonderful life. Hang in there sweetie, it does get better! You are in our thoughts!

What a beautiful picture! Thank you for sharing! *ng*l

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. :( People are always amazed when I tell them that cats can be just as loving as dogs, but in a more subtle way. There is nothing like the bond between a human and a cat; especially when the cat has chosen you as its owner (my husband and I were chosen by our two kitties so I know exactly what you're talking about).

My thoughts will be with you during this difficult time. :(

:flwr:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Heaven was a gorgeous kitty, and the pictures you shared are just beautiful and full of love. Give yourself time to grieve and know that you're in our thoughts. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss... At such a young age, too! She is a GORGEOUS cat and sounds like she was a wonderful companion. That first photo is so sweet.
Sending warm thoughts your way...

So sorry to hear about the loss of Heaven. It is very hard to lose a beloved pet but when it is unexpected and she was so young, it's doubly as hard. She was absolutely lovely. The photo is beautiful.
J.

i'm so sad to hear about heaven leonhardt. what a loss. i enjoyed seeing her pictures and was able to sense her lovely spirit from her image and your words. I'm so sorry she had to go, and in such a shocking way, much too soon. may you find comfort and peace in time.
judy

I had to come and check before bed, you have all been so helpful to me today. I can't even tell you how much it means to me to have caring and empathetic friends to my loss and sadness. I know she is probably very happy where she is now. It certainly is tough for those left behind. It was a very trying day and I imagine I will have a few more of these. Everything seems to remind me of her. I know I shouldn't blame myself, but I keep asking the question "Could her death have been prevented, was I careless and oblivious to an obvious danger?" I don't know. I think I would rather believe she died suddenly and without pain of natural causes. There did not appear to have been any suffering. I can only pray. Thank you again for all your support, it's been incredibly helpful. God Bless.
judy said:
i'm so sad to hear about heaven leonhardt. what a loss. i enjoyed seeing her pictures and was able to sense her lovely spirit from her image and your words. I'm so sorry she had to go, and in such a shocking way, much too soon. may you find comfort and peace in time.
judy

Oh that is just a wonderful photo, a treasured memory for you.

I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Kitty - she was obviously very special and it's a dreadful shock to cope with a sudden loss like this {we lost one of our Cavaliers at the same age who hadn't been ill, so I do understand...don't worry, it's extremely rare to lose a Cavalier like that}

It's even harder for you with Shaun away, it might be a good idea to spend some time with family, if they understand, as they will support you.

Sending comforting thougths, we believe that our companions wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge and one day we will all be reunited. There they are free of pain and play happily together.

i hope that your beautiful Willow will help to ease the pain you are feeling.

So sorry for your loss. I've lost two kitties a couple of years apart each at the age of 13. Absolutely broke my heart. Heaven was a beautiful beautiful girl. Remember her with good thoughts.

I did stay with my mom last night. I went home and packed a bag and the obvious void in our home Heaven has left was unbearable, I cried and left. On the way over to mom's I saw a white kitty so I pulled over and watched it and I cried. I just miss her so much. I have found myself looking at the SPCA website already in hopes of finding a little white female... I am sure that is not healthy though right now. Need to grieve and when the pain subsides then maybe get another kitty. I will try and focus on giving Willow the love and attention she needs right now too as I know she misses Heaven too. I did not know about the Rainbow Bridge. It is comforting to know that she will be waiting there to greet my one day.
Nicki said:
Oh that is just a wonderful photo, a treasured memory for you.

I'm so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Kitty - she was obviously very special and it's a dreadful shock to cope with a sudden loss like this {we lost one of our Cavaliers at the same age who hadn't been ill, so I do understand...don't worry, it's extremely rare to lose a Cavalier like that}

It's even harder for you with Shaun away, it might be a good idea to spend some time with family, if they understand, as they will support you.

Sending comforting thougths, we believe that our companions wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge and one day we will all be reunited. There they are free of pain and play happily together.

i hope that your beautiful Willow will help to ease the pain you are feeling.

I'm so sorry about little Heaven. Hope she's with her friends at the Bridge chasing the bunnies & having a great time :flwr:

I lost two puddies a few years ago, one aged 18mths and one aged 2 yrs - brothers as well. I know how horrid it feels when they don't come home :(

Go cuddle Willow tight and take comfort from her, I'll bet she's missing Heaven too :(

Thinking of you :flwr: xxx :flwr:

I had a scare yesterday. I came home at lunch to check on Willow and she had been sick in her kennel, diarrhea and vomiting. After just losing Heaven I couldn't bear the thought of her being sick. I had a little meltdown as I bathed her, I sobbed for her to not be ill and cried for Heaven again as well. When she was all clean and on my lap, she kissed me and snuggled close to my face while I cried. I brought her to work with me and watched her and she is ok. Being at my moms has taken her toll on her, she had eaten some of my moms pups food and isn't used to it. We had taken it away from her now. I have a new found comfort in Willow now, we bonded yesterday I think for the first time since I brought her home. After Heaven died, Willow was of no comfort to me the first 2 days... my grief was too much. But I think what happened yesterday scared me and made me realize that I need to cherish the one I have left. So I brought her to sleep with me last night for the first time (that was always Heaven's place) and we snuggled till I realized Willow was going to squirm too much for me to get a good sleep! ha ha (I was on my mom's couch so not much room as it was).

Thank you all for your kind words. I am feeling better today, but the tears are still there when I see her pictures and remember the feel of her fur, the little noises she would make when we snuggled, the purring that would put me to sleep.... dammit, tissue... I am off to work for the day. Take care all.
Maxxs_Mummy said:
I'm so sorry about little Heaven. Hope she's with her friends at the Bridge chasing the bunnies & having a great time :flwr:

I lost two puddies a few years ago, one aged 18mths and one aged 2 yrs - brothers as well. I know how horrid it feels when they don't come home :(

Go cuddle Willow tight and take comfort from her, I'll bet she's missing Heaven too :(

Thinking of you :flwr: xxx :flwr:

It's good that you are bonding more with Willow, she really will help you at this time, Cavaliers are very understanding.

Sorry about the tummy upset, it prob was the different food, she may also be upset by the change in scenery and because you are upset.

This website may help you

http://www.petloss.com/

They do a wonderful candle ceremony on a Monday evening...it really helped me.

This is the Rainbow Bridge story

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

and this is a wonderful animated version, definitely need the tissues for this one though

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Thinking of you - I understand about the looking for another Kitty, but perhaps try to wait a little...when the time is right another one will come into your life.

Back