• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greetings from sunny South Africa

Jonty

Hello fellow Cavalier lovers
I owned the best Cavalier in the world (we all say that) for 10 years. He had a heart murmur and we were told he would only live to 8.
He was a tri-colour and ruled the roost.
When we got him as a pup, we thought owning a cav was the same as owning any other dog - we soon learnt.
Unfortunatly he died last year of a heart attack and is buried in our garden. We visit him every morning to say hello, and we miss him terribly. :(
We haven't acquired another cav, they are quite scarce here, and I am scared of getting a pup that might have hereditary problems, so at the moment I am just remembering the good times I had with my "Baby Angel".

Welcome Jonty. Of course he was the best Cavalier in the world! He was yours!! How wonderful that he had such a great life with you. And you are so right about owning a Cavalier not being the same as any other dog. What is it about these guys??!! Hopefully you will have another in your life.

icon_welcome to the board Jonty. I'm sorry to hear about your cavalier. It sounds like he did enjoy a nice life with you. Your avatar is lovely. Maybe one day you will have one more cavalier. :flwr:

Hi and icon_welcome to you from me and my boys :flwr: You could always come on holiday here to UK and take a rescue or two home with you!

Karlin knows of two little ones who are needing a home together so you can also stop off in Dublin.....

Hello and icon_welcome Jonty!! :)

Sorry to hear of your loss of your little baby.. :( Hopefully you will find someone that can give you another one from good lines that you hopefully won't have to worry about heart problems with.

Isnt it so weird how cavaliers are not "normal" dogs? My mom said "well he's just a dog" and I'm like "no mom, you don't understand.. he's not normal!" lol :) they will never understand!

Back