• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Remembering Jonty

Jonty

We lost our little Tri-colour last year.
It was totally unexpected. We went out to do the shopping and when we got home, he was dead under a tree.
We suspected a heart attack as he had a heart murmur.
My mother picked him up like a baby and cried and cried the whole day. The next day we dug a hole, wrapped him up in our best blanket and buried him under a shady tree. We then planted lillies over his grave.
We visit him every morning to say hello and have even created a shrine in the kitchen dedicated to him with this poem.

When God had made the earth and sky
The flowers and the trees
He then made all the animals and
All the birds and bees
And when His work was finished
Not one was quite the same
He said: “Ill walk this earth of mine
And give each one a name.”
And so He travelled land and sea
And everywhere He went,
A little creature followed Him
Until it’s strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said:
“Dear Lord, there’s no name left for me.”
The Father smiled and softly said:
“I’ve left you to the end,
I’ve turned my own name back to front
And called you ‘DOG’ my friend!”

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your wee Tri...it's tragic to lose them young, especially when it's a shock like that.

I love that poem, it always makes me smile.

Mine have a water bowl with DOG on it and hubby always says it's spelt back to front...

Do you have any photos of your wee one?

Thank you for sharing that poem. I need a tissue now. Sorry for your loss. I just lost my sweet pet on monday so I can empathise with your pain. Take care.

So sorry about Jonty :( There is something special about Tri's (I know they are ALL special!) . It's nice that you have a memorial to him and visit him daily and talk to him, I'm sure he's at the Bridge chasing those bunnies and watching down over you all with loving thoughts.

Big hugs to you and your Mum from me and the boys. It sounds like Jonty was extremely loved and is terribly missed :l*v:

Back