• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drinking

blue_star

Hi All,
I'm really worried about Toby, he is at work today for the first time in ages and all he has done is drink water, its got that bad that i have had to remove his water bowl every so often in case he is sick :yikes I leave it for about 15 mins then remove it for 15 mins etc but as soon as it goes back down he drinks the bowl dry.

I've also noticed his pee is totally clear, he is on anitbotics for a skin prob.

Hello!,

I don't mean to worry you but I would definately get this checked by your vet. There are a number of things that can be associated with excessive urination and excessive drinking, just like in humans. ;)

Take care of yourself and keep us posted! :flwr:

It might be the antibiotics but definitely mention it to your vet...there are indeed quite a few conditions which cause excessive drinking.

Is he on Frusemide - heart medication? Or even been switched onto dry food, that can make a difference in the quantities they drink.

I would personally take him to the vet sooner rather than later...hope he is ok

Not wanting to worry you here ...but constant thirst can also be a pointer for Cushings disease, thirst is also seen with some weight loss? and this normally only happens with an older dog normally about 6+, how old is he? also look for constant hunger with this as well.

See your vet as soon as you can.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I think i may have found the problem, after questioning his owner (who was oblivous anything was wrong), he said he had been found in the bin bag this morning. What was in the bin bag????? Remains of last night extremly hot (extra chillie) madras curry!! Have just taken the poor love for a walk and the poop was awful, its put me off curry for a while i can tell you!

He is now at mine for the night and the drinking has calmed down considerably. I think it was the curry he had. If the thirst is still bad tomorrow then we will be at the vets first thing.

I'm desperate to try and have Toby more often so i can look after him, so watch this space!!!

Alison, Toby hasn't lost weigh, he is quite a round little thing, he is about 8 though. From what i have seen today his apatite is no greater than normal.

Nicki, No he is not on heart meds and there has been no change in diet (apart from the curry!)

OH thank goodness..yes that could definitely cause it!!

I hope he's back to normal now!!

I hope you get to have him more often...keep us posted!!

OMG Amy, tell him he doesn't deserve Toby and that he (Toby) has to come and live with you! If your Nan complains then you can move into my spare room and bring Toby with you ;)

How is Toby now, apart from the after effects of the curry? Was it from Pretty Raj by any chance???? :lol:

Nicki - I havent seen Toby today, he should be coming to work tomorrow which means i will have him post of tomorrow night too (although i do have choir practice). He's owner seemed to think he was better. :roll:

Donna - Might just take you up on that offer :lol: I am trying to get my Nan to talk to his owner to say Tobes would be better than us, but its not quite working at the mo.

Hows your two now?

Don't know if you have seen in the local paper tonight, more Satnav thifts in Mill Street. Must make sure i lock my car up in future at the church as its not far from there

Hmmm typical man! Hubby very often calls our youngest from upstairs to let the dogs out - he sits right by the flipping door :roll:

Yes, I saw that more sat navs had gone missing and also a cd front piece :roll: I had a phone call from CID again today saying they got no prints off the car - we knew that anyway!

The ones in the paper weren't the only ones either - they're just the ones that got reported to the local press - there's been a whole spate of them and apparently they are using wire to get into the cars - we KNOW that all ours were locked the night they got in and something weird happened last weekend too...

Soooooo make sure NOTHING is left in any of your cars and warn all the blokes at work too as they are doing our lovely town at the minute before they move on elsewhere :(

I know this is kinda off topic.

I'm really naughty as at the moment i have in the backseat of my car 1 load of guiding tins, 2 bowls, assorted guiding manuals and books and the guiding badge box all in a old safeway green box. In the boot i also have 1 chocolate fountain, 2 x horse riding back protectors, a large supply of cloths (my second wardrobe) and loo roll! icon_whistling
Starting tomorrow night its all coming out!!!

Back