• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

a happy ending to a scary moment!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I was sitting working at my computer just now and noticed my cat Jessie looking very interestedly at the big bag of catfood next to my desk. She was... listening. :yikes

Then I noticed faint sounds coming from... inside the bag!! :yikes

The bag was clipped shut and I clipped it a LOT more shut!! And listened some more and the noise would stop, then start again. :*gh:

Then, tried to decide how in the world a mouse got in the bag, and how I was going to get the bag outside without mouse escaping, and get the mouse out of the bag outside.

As I was steeling my nerve to do this, I thought I heard a faint... buzzing! Listening some more, I realised a large fly was trapped in the bag, not a mouse. cl*p

I cannot tell you how happy I was to open the bag and watch a fly buzz away. :w**h**:

Gave me the creepy crawlies for a minute there! :lol:

You couldn't have said it better, Cathy!

As I was reading along my eyes got bigger and bigger! I was trying to imagine you trying to let a mouse out of the bag, LOL :grnyuk: It gave me haunting memories of when I was younger on the back porch and a mouse ran up my leg, :lol: Thank God that didn't happen to you!

You guys are way too easily scared.

Hearing your septic back up inside your house is scary.
Smelling an electrical fire in your house is scary.
Watching your child fall down the stairs is scary.
Watching a possum growl at your cavalier on your deck is scary.
Having your dishwasher flood the house is upsetting.

Dealing with mice is a easy.

Just look at Shalyn and Sierra!! What sweet sweet girls and they look so much happier outside!! And Sable has a new home!!

Yes, that was exactly what I did : )
I just saw something long and thin from her mouth and told her to drop it.
Yes, I think my family thougt that the Germans werer coming... icon_whistling

Oh Karlin...thank goodness it was only a fly!!

Before we had the work done on the house we used to have mice visitors :yikes We were very good to start with and had humane traps, loaded with peanut butter. Well you have to take the mouse at least one mile away to release it....when we'd done this over 20 times...and on the 5th trip one evening, I'm afraid we despaired and went over to the nasty traps :(

We did have the devices that give off ultrasonic pulses and are supposed to scare the mice away, but ours were either deaf or liked the noise, as they'd sit underneath the unit having a wash!!

One was particularly cheeky, this little face would appear from behind the Rayburn and he'd trot across the work surface, oblivous to the dogs or us!!

I know they are still about in the outbuildings, but we also have a Weasel and a Stoat about, so they are not getting things all their own way!!

Nicki, :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I hope you don't class the caravan as an out-building!!! OMG not even in my dreams do I want a mouse, stoat or weasel up my nightie!!! :jump:

Happy holidays!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I would of thrown the food away. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I remember when we first moved to Canada, I was 12 my mom rented a basement apartment, it was one of those homes that the middle floor was also rented and the top.

We'll we had a huge field behind us and needless to say it was full of mice who loved to come in the house. :grnyuk: My mom would leave for work around 5:00 a.m. leaving me home alone to face the mice. h*lp I hated that basement, one night when she was dating my stepfather and they went out he always brought me a bag of goodies. :mexwav: In that bag of goodies was a box of Cracker Jacks (Candy coated popcorn) which always came with a prize, we'll guess what my prize was. :cry*ing: Yes a ugly Plastic mouse, h*lp h*lp :grnyuk: I threw those Cracker Jacks and ran into the bathroom, not that it was any safer it took me hours to come out. I will never forget that, I hate mice. :*gh:

Needless to say we did moved shortly afterwards, we were waiting for an apartment just new to Canada.
:w**h**:

Alison_Leighfield said:
I hope you don't class the caravan as an out-building!!! OMG not even in my dreams do I want a mouse, stoat or weasel up my nightie!!! :jump:

Ummm well the stoat runs along the garden wall which is about 4 ft from the caravan...and several toads live underneath it - and the hedgehog visits there too, but the only inhabitants tend to be spiders so I think you'll be ok :lol: :lol:

Oh Linda I'm so sorry, no wonder you don't like mice VB ((((hugs)))) :flwr: :flwr:

The ones here do have cute little faces...but don't worry, if and when you plan to come over, we'll make sure they make themselves scarce...

Nicki,

I don't mind my chances with the toad....after a good snog don't you get a prince! :jump: :jump: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alison, wilts, U.K.

That story is funny! Reminds me when my sister told her son, who is 5 to fill up the dogs bowl with kibble, so here comes Ryan with a measuring cup full of kibble saying... "Mommy, Lucky's food has a tail!" My sister said she never jumped so high!

Back