Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cody got snipped

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cody got snipped

Poor little guy. My littlest man is not much of a man anymore...lol. When I picked him up with that big dumb cone on his head I almost exploded with laughter, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep him comfortable after this most uncomfortable operation?

[img][/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bet he'll be his normal self by morning, after the anaesthetic wears off.

In my experience few dogs actually need a cone and I'd take it off. Unless you see him pulling and biting at the stitches (just a bit of licking is OK) I'd not put it back on. Also you can get a baby onesie from a thrift shop or a Target or somewhere cheap, cut a hole for his tail, and put him in that instead. Prevents him chewing the stitches and a lot more comfy than the cone. Just unsnap and roll up for his wee and poop trips. Just be sure it is large enough to fit him easily.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onesie

Thats a great idea with the onesie..a heck of a lot more attractive too. I got him two from Ross for $3.99 a piece and they are adorable. I wonder if it would help him with his potty training...he hasn't quite gotten the concept that outside is for potty, not just for playing. I've heard of belly bands that are supposed to assist with potty training. The onesie should serve the same purpose...maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

aw !!! little guy looks well comfy and warm. jadan not long ago had his manly bits taken away too and he was bouncing out of the vets door!!! didnt take him long to get back to normal at all. he didnt have a colar on and hasnt really botherd with it much at all. took him back for his check and everything doing well. small scab but other wise ok. sure yours will be just fine in no time.
    my mummy lurrrrves me!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brady got his manhood removed this past Friday and he was doing great that night. A little sleepy, but still wanted to play. I find it hard to get him to calm down since he's not supposed to be too active for the first little bit. The idea of the onesie is too cute! I can just picture it.
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Onesie

Quote Originally Posted by moniechris
    Thats a great idea with the onesie..a heck of a lot more attractive too. I got him two from Ross for $3.99 a piece and they are adorable. I wonder if it would help him with his potty training...he hasn't quite gotten the concept that outside is for potty, not just for playing. I've heard of belly bands that are supposed to assist with potty training. The onesie should serve the same purpose...maybe?
    I wouldn't use a onesie or belly band for potty training. There is plenty of housebreaking advice on this board!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Gus got fixed 2 weeks ago... he was fine the next day and really had no interest in his stitches. I did put the cone on him at night for about a week, because I didn't want him messing with them in the middle of the night when I wasn't watching.
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! You guys shouldn't have said anything about the baby onesies. I have to go buy some now! Do you just use scissors to cut the tail hole? I don't sew! Will the fabric fray?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a onsie for Cody but lo and behold, mommy still thinks he is much smaller than he really is...don't all mom's think that? lol They will always be our babies. Anyhow, Cody couldn't fit in the onsie I bought but i went to my local Pet Supermarket and they had dog onsies that look like baby pj's. On the cover it actually has a tri colored cavalier modeling. Too cute. Alas, it has a cut out so they can conviniently use the potty, which leaves the area open for him to get at his stiches. Defeats the purpose but he looks cute as heck. He doesn't seem to be bothering the stitches at all so I am just going to take the loss and keep the pjs anyhow. Pictures will soon follow, I can assure you Here is a great link for doggie pj's

http://www.doggievogue.com/cart/shop...sp?hid=1&id=15

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, the poor babies. Many people told me that I should get Coco's little manhood removed I just couldn't do it to my little baby, but I don't know what to do with him when he's older.