• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Reminder on avatar sizes!! Reduce, reduce!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
They are creeping up and up in width..,

Out of courtesy to others especially those with smaller computer screens, please check your avatar size -- they should not be wider than mine, which is the maximum size. Directions on how to get your avatar to the right size here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1706

I may need to switch over to a system where you will u[load an avatar and then it will be automatically sized by thius gives you a lot less flexibility to change your avatar picture regularly. So please, do try to fit the maximum size -- which is already about a fourth larger than I used to allow when I had a working auto-resize program. (y)

Sorry, my avatar is bigger and I have been trying to get it reduced, but I am having troubles with it......I'll keep trying tho!!! Once I re-size it in Paint Shop, I can't find the smaller picture on my computer, which is very odd because I have done this before without any troubles.

Aha! Success! I think I have done it now!! LOL! I was looking in the wrong place for the new photo.....duh!

I don't mind a small bit larger but they have been getting wider and wider... :lol: pretty soon it will all be giant dog portraits! I used a small screen at work and it was a real pain; the larger avatars can take up half the browser especially for anyone who might be enlarging the page slightly to read it better. It's always good to keep in mind that not everyone can view things in the same format -- it's one of the reasons I do try to set limits on avatar sizes and why we don't have sig pictures; posts can be difficult to read. :)

Karlin

I know that mine is a bit wide, please let me know if you want me to change it as Roxanne had it made for us.

Hi Karlin, is this avatar to small? I decided to update the pic as Jeremy has grown quite a bit since the last avatar.

There's no such thing as a too small avatar! :lol: By preference I'd really like all avatars please to stay the width that I've set which as I noted, is already considerably larger than the old resize programme allowed. I'm trying to set up some profile pages where people can keep larger pics if they want and really keep the board avatars at a consistent size. The reason I chose a standard size on Flickr is that it is easy to set up a Flickr account and it makes getting exactly the right size avatar very easy as the small size image will not exceed the max width.

If I get a chance I will write up a complete walk thru on how to set up a Flickr account.

Karlin

Can I just have a few days, some of my pictures are on our other computer and it is not hooked up. I want my avatar to be of both of my boys and then I will change it.

Back