• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Question about vaccinations

Remali

It's been quite a while since I've had a puppy. Bentley turned a year old this summer in June. He had his rabies and all his vaccinations last summer and fall of course......but, my vet's office has just sent me a notice that he now needs his rabies and his parvo/distemper again this November. I do realize that there are state laws regarding the rabies, and they told me that after this year then Bentley will be good for 3 years on the rabies. But, I am worried about the parvo/distemper.....I just really worry about reactions, and over-vaccinating and all that. So I sure would appreciate any advice, info, etc. Thanks!!

LOL Sandy..

Something I am interested in too and I see you replied so I was eager to read your reply.. until I seen what you wrote!! :yikes :yikes

arasara said:
LOL Sandy..

Something I am interested in too and I see you replied so I was eager to read your reply.. until I seen what you wrote!! :yikes :yikes

Ironically, some vets tend to blow off the theory of the core vaccines and three year protocols as bad medicine-- but this article was published by the American Animal Hospital Association. If you look through it -- it has some pages that are helpful in themselves.

OK.....one of my questions is, what are everyone's feelings about vaccinations, and which do you give, and how often? Also, does anyone do titers instead of vaccinations? I guess I am just sort of looking for opinions/people's experiences.... as I know that the topic of vaccinations draws quite a varied response from people. I am curious to see if anyone has their vet draw a titer on vaccinations?

Back