Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cailean's Not So Good At The Moment

Post Thanks / Like

Dearest Fran,

I have only caught up with this thread now. I am sorry to hear that Cailean has been feeling poorly, but I am very glad you guys had a good night last night.

Glad your vet was able to open up a spot to see him - in my opinion that's a large factor in having a really god vet - flexibility..

What a hoot he is!! I would love to hear "caily woo woos" (or something similar to that ) with his woo wooing! I am sure the vet didn't mind his singing too much - at least he's showing personality!!

Glad you guys are doing better.. keep us posted Fran!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry - only just seen this post. Glad to see Caliean is feeling better today
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fran,
    I know all about those yawns that sound like songs!

Hope Cailean is feeling better!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fran,

I'm so sorry, I've only just seen this thread. I've not been on the computer much over the weekend

I hope Cailean gets better soon, bless him. I can't understand the Vets not liking his singing My Vet and his staff expect Maxx to sing to them when we go there and if he doesn't, they ask him for a song

Maxx and Chalie send big doggy hugs to K-Lun XXXXXXXXX

Post Thanks / Like

I missee this thread before, but Izzy had had a few rough days too with much more coughing, ending almost in a whistle. Every time this happens , I panic (especially about a month ago, when he was breathing very heavily and I took him to the vets, expecting the worst). Frusicare, as he has started retaining fluid sorted him on that occasion, so he's now on Fortekor, Vetmedin and Fortekor. I find that he coughs more around weather changes, be they hot or wet and think it's something to do with air pressure. his last really bad do was when the hot weather had actually eased, but the air was very oppressive.

Seems like there are lots of us on the knife edge.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day Fran, you are the customer and I always make sure I get to see who I want.... I hope he is feeling much better now, hugs and kisses on their way from me and my guys.

Post Thanks / Like

On very good advice I asked my vet for Millophyline when Josh was bad like this. Apparently it is an old drug (I can remember using it in the 80's) and some of the newer vets don't use it, but it proved wonderful for Josh and helped with his breathing and coughing enormously.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that, if Izzy gets an irritating cough, a half mug (he insists it must be in a mug ) of warm tea helps.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good to see you posting again Ruth

Thanks for the tip about that drug...not one I know, will go and do some research...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org