• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sex and Color

An older woman I met who had two Cavs and in her life had owned 10 told me... the girls love you madly and the boys are madly in love with you! I thought this was really cute.

My breeder told me that tris are huggers, rubies can sometimes be aloof and scatty, blens are plain mad... and I really can't remember what he said about B/Ts!

Both my dogs are snugglers. Holly is like a cat, but Chloe things she's part human baby and likes being cradled.

We had our heart set on a tri female, as the tri female we used to dogsit is what made us fall in love with the breed. But then as we did our research, gender didn't matter (though we couldn't agree on a boy's name!), and we decided to let the puppy pick us (we figured a name would soon follow, if we did end up with a boy).

As luck would have it, once we were finally ready to devote our lives to a puppy, and as we were getting to know some breeders in our area, a little six-month-old tricolor girl was listed for adoption from a rescue group—and we jumped at the chance to give her a great home.

So, the puppy didn't get to pick us, exactly, but we couldn't be happier with her. She's full of goofball energy, but then when she's sleepy, she's a total cuddlebug (she's teeny, too, so she somehow ends up curled around my neck like a scarf, when we let her up on the bed in the morning). And she has to be in the same room as us... her newest nickname is Velcro.

Anyway - I think my point is that it's hard to go wrong with a cavalier. (But all of this posting makes me super curious about the boys—if our gal is this much of a lovebug, what are her brothers like?)

My Bentley is a male blenheim, and he is the most loving and snuggliest dog I have ever had!! He follows me everywhere, and in the morning he lkes to come up next to me in bed and he will put his head on the pillow next to mine and he will give out a big sigh and he just snuggles up against me! Pure bliss!!!

When we went to see Jeremy's litter, we were going to look at the tri female. But when my husband saw Jeremy I got out voted 3 to 1 by him and my children for him. I dont regret it at all in having a male cavy.

hey there! and welcome to the site! i would add a comment to this whole debate thing but i already wrote on the link that *Pauline* sent to you..so you have my response anyway..anyway good luck on your decision! :flwr:

Back