Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Here

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny!!!!!!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

ROFL!! Lovely story of your adventures you little bundles of mischief, mustn't let Bertie find out or he will be copying you two! lolol!

Alison

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. We're back.

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on our weekend. Mom and Dad drove us down to Colonial Williamsburg this last weekend and we had a really good time. Of course Sydney was constantly on the prowl for squirrels and when she saw one, off she would go dragging Dad behind her on the leash. She was telling me later she knows she could catch one of those pesky little beasts if she didn't have the additional weight of a grown man holding her back. I have to admit she is about the fastest thing on four legs I have ever seen. But Dad keeps telling her you better be careful what you wish for because if you ever catch one of those little fur balls with teeth, you'll regret it. Sydney doesn't listen so she keeps trying and Dad keeps preventing it. Anyway, here are some photos of our weekend adventure.

This photo is of Sydney and I in front of the Royal Governors Palace. I think I can understand how all my ancestors could get used to living their lives on the lap of royalty in homes like this:

While we were waiting for our pictures to be taken, we saw a really good looking boy cavalier walk by and, I hate to admit it, but he was quite the looker. As you can see he turned both of our heads to get a glimpse, but thats okay, a girl can look can't she?

We took a stroll down the Duke of Gloucester street and ended up down in front of the Capitol Building. Had a group of colonists firing their guns is the air, which immediately cause Sydney a moment of panic, but I soldiered on and got this picture.

All right, all right, already here's Sydney too. Equal time I guess:

Next weekend, if the weather is nice, we are going to Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington. Mom and Dad volunteer there a lot and we are allowed on the grounds. More pictures to come.

Sydney and Ruby in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Sydney and Ruby are right little adventurers!

Can't wait for the next instalment!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

What lovely pics of you both. Looks like you're both as clever as each other so no fighting and arguing

You're both as beautiful as each other anyway

Post Thanks / Like

I just found this thread! Not only are you two gorgeous, but brilliant and funny too. Your parents must be so proud. I love reading about your adventures and seeing the pics, what a great life you have. You must continue to keep us all updated.
    Laura (Momma to Riley, 3 yr. old male)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry. There will be a new adventure this weekend and then some more photo's. Mom and Dad are always strapping us into our Lookout II car seats so we are nice and safe and then we're off again. We go just about every single place Mom and Dad go which tends to cut into our nap times but that's okay because we are with Mom and Dad. We'll post more because after all Sydney and I are always looking for new adventures. As you can see from our series of photo's, some of these adventures bring out the little in us and others which bring out the little in us. Of course, we are Cavaliers so the number of angel times far out number the little devil times. But you Cavalier owners know all about that don't you.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

haha you guys are so cute and very intelligent doggies! love hearing about you and your adventures..keep them cominG!
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Nisha,

Ruby is busy doing something outside with Mom. Thanks for note. Just wanted to let you know that Mom and Dan traveled to Australia last year. They loved it so much that when they brought me home for the first time they named me Sydney because they absolutely loved their time in Australia. More adventures to come.

Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney are back in the house,

Ruby and Sydney here. Let me begin by apologizing to all who have been anxiously awaiting our newest adventure. It seems Dad had to take a trip and he took his lap top with him which meant Sydney and I were out of communication. It got so bad at one time Sydney suggested we drive down to the library to use their internet computer. Let me count the ways that would be wrong. Number one we would have to drive in broad daylight and there is no way Sydney looks human in daylight, even if she is wearing her driving hat. Second, we all know they don't let dogs in the library, not even cute Cavaliers like us. Third, neither of us have learned to sign our names yet, so how would we sign in at the registry desk. Luckily, Dad is home and we are back in the show, baby. Anyway, just a little bit about our latest adventure . . . . . .

It being Fall in Virginia, Dad let us come outside while he raked leaves and while he was in the back yard, Sydney and I got these pictures of each other:

Oh did that sun feel good on our backs. We could have laid there all day long, but Dad decided to put us back in the house while he finished. This was a development which was not acceptable at all, so we had to come to the window, get his attention with a few little whimpers, and then unleash on him the dreaded Cavalier pity stare. Just to cover all our angles, I gave him the "Let me out now!" stare and Sydney gave him "I have a little tear of saddnes!" look. What do you think, break your heart too, huh?

Of course, it worked like a charm. Dad could never resist the power of the Cavalier stare so he quickly dropped his rake, grabbed Mom by the hand, the car keys, us, and we were off for Mount Vernon. It was such a beautiful day and we so enjoy being in our car seats and watching the Virginia countryside go by. We passed some horse farms and Sydney barked, but she is always a lot braver behind the car window than when face to face. Before we knew it we were walking through the gates of Mount Vernon, home of George Washington and America's first President. But that will have to wait until tomorrow because Mom and Dad just drove up and everyone knows we can't get caught on the computer. They still think we are the everyday, run of the mill Cavaliers, but this will continue to be our little secret, won't it? You'd be surprised what we Cavaliers can do when you humans aren't watching. What do your Cavaliers do when you are away? Maybe we will give you a clue in our next posting from Mount Vernon.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia[/img]