Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Here

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't tell you the last time I laughed so hard! Hubby had to come in and find out what I was laughing about and it got him going to. Ruby and Sydney...you two are a pair of the most original Cavaliers I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Ever thought about writing a book? Jake and Shelby are enjoying living vicariously through all of your adventures. And you are truly wonderful little photographers. Keep it coming guys!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

You two are such great photographers and both so photogenic! You get to go on lots of adventures, you lucky girls. Mom and Dad are very good to you. And no worries we'll keep your secret and they will just think your "run of the mill dogs". I agree that doing a book would be a great idea! Thanks for updating us on your latest adventure.
    Laura (Momma to Riley, 3 yr. old male)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney here,

Just another note to pick up where we left off. We may get interrupted because Mom is out to the store and Dad is down stairs watching football. We are taking a chance by writing everyone with one of our parent's in the house, but we feel it's really important to not disappoint anyone who might need a little "Ruby-Sydney" update.

As we were telling everyone when we last left, we had just strolled through the gates at Mount Vernon. Mom and Dad volunteer here and so we get to go a lot and when we go, boy do we have a ball. The estate just opened two brand new museums and they are really nice. Although I'll have to admit, I was a little miffed that they wouldn't let Sydney and I go in to the theatre to see the orientation film. I guess educational outreach doesn't extend as far as the canine world. I was so upset about being kept out of the theatre, I let them know my feelings on my visitor comment sheet I dropped off as I left. Of course, wouldn't you know it, they called when Mom and Dad were home so I didn't get an opportunity to explain the advantages of having Cavaliers being educated too. But Sydney and I laughed so hard upstairs listening to them talking on the phone and saying they hadn't left any comment card. This is like the pictures we took in Maine. Mom thought Dad and Dad thought Mom. Thank goodness I signed Mom's name instead of my own. It was so funny but I still don't think I'm going to get to see that darn film.

Our first stop was in front of the mansion on the bowling green. I'll have to admit this is one nice place. I think Sydney and I look rather regal on the green and lend an air of respectability to the estate, don't you think?

And then came the big wooly sheep and we have quite the story to tell about our little encounter with those guys. You'll love this story. But that story and more pictures will have to wait til tomorrow because we see headlights in the window and that means Mom's home and that means food. We have so much more story to tell but we don't want to carry on too much and get caught or wear out our welcome with you.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia
    Last edited by Sydney; 4th October 2011 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What wonderful pictures. Glad you sent them that comment card...sounds like a bit of doggie discrimination to me! Can't wait for the next installment!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

This is the most fun I've had in weeks. I don't know where I've been with all of these installments, but somehow I missed this thread entirely..

You guys are too clever .. you had me laughing al the way through and both Kosmo and Avi were looking at me like I am nutball.

I can't wait for tomorrow's installment..

You'll never wear out your welcome!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Wooo-hooo! More Sydney and Ruby adventures. You 2 get me LOL! I think we need to organize a protest march for doggie discrimination. And tell them the movie they should be showing is Lady and the Tramp! can't wait for the next installment of your fun adventures!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Bet your Mom was confused when she got that phone call

You two are soooo clever and gorgeous too - my boys are quite smitten with you both. They'd like to know if you want to book some air tickets on your Daddy's credit card and come to stay?

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney

Thank you all for the gracious comments about our ongoing adventures. We agree that doggie discrimination is rampant just about everywhere we go but especially in restraunts and movie theaters. Although we are supposed to be sworn to secrecy, we would like to share a little secret with you. We are not the only Cavaliers who are online. There are plenty more Cavaliers out there just like us. We have our own web site, we call it "Human Talk: All About Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Owners". We had originally planned to call it Cavalier Talk, but you humans managed to snatch that one away from us before we could purchase the domain name. I still for the life of me can't imagine why you want to call it Cavalier Talk anyway. A more appropriate name would have been Human Talk or Human Talk About Cavaliers, but then again you humans can sometimes mystify us with what you do. Anyway, doggie discrimination is a never ending thread on our web page and many of the cavaliers you own are regulars, although we are swon to protect their identity. Maybe in one of out future posts we can provide more detail on the Cavalier web page and some of the topics. Sorry, but we can never give you the URL because many of our fellow Cavaliers wish to remain annonymous just like we are with Mom and Dad. Oh, by the way, as for going to England, we've already maxed out Dad's credit card in our late night runs to the treat store. He keeps calling the credit card company and complaining about fraudulent charges because he hasn't bought any doggie treats lately. Looks like we may have to switch to Mom's credit card for a while.

But I digress. Back at Mount Vernon. After a few more moments of rest and relaxation on the bowling green, we decided to take Mom and Dad down to see some of the animals on the estate. First stop was the sheep pen. Mom and Dad got distracted talking to one of the animal keepers, so I snuck the camera out of Mom's purse and snapped this picture of Sydney in front of the sheep.

However, just as soon as I took it, one of those smarty pants sheep got a little mouthy and said we looked really cutesy in our harnesses and then rubbed it in by saying it was too bad we couldn't be free to roam the pasture like them. Now it was on. No one talks to my sister and I like that, so I handed the camera to Sydney, raised my head, and marched right over to the two biggest loud mouths there and said:

Listen here you big bags of sweater yarn, if I hear one more smart remark about our apparel or any other aspect of life I will come right in there and take one of those horns off and shear you to within an inch of your life. Of course, they backed down right away and apologized so I had some more pictures taken in my triumph.

Notice my grin. I can't wait to go back this next Spring and see them again after they had a little haircut and see them when they are standing there stark naked. Lets see who might need a little harness then to help cover up.

After putting the peanut gallery back in its place we strolled up to the back of the mansion. As nice as the view was from the front of the house, it was even nicer on the back. Mount Vernon overlooks the Potomac River and the views are spectacular. They have chairs set up on the porch for all the humans to sit in but we preferred the cool feel of grass. As you can see from many of my pictures I post, I prefer laying to standing, while Sydney is ever vigilant for the ever present squirrels to make their appearance so she can drag Dad behind her.

While we were at Mount Vernon we saw lots of horses, tons of Red Devon oxen, a smattering of mules, flocks of chickens, and of course some smart mouth sheep. Before long it was time to go so we headed back to the car and home. I hope everyone enjoys our little adventures. We are headed out again next week, but Mom and Dad haven't told us where yet. Sorry, I was a little long winded, but Mom and Dad are off visiting some friends and we have the run of the house for several hours. Stay tuned. No telling what little adventure the two of us are liable to get into. Update you soon.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia
    Last edited by Sydney; 21st September 2011 at 09:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Heya Woobs, shaym yoo can't yooz yor Dads card no more, yoo cood avs cum ta meye hows an stayd wiv mee an Maxxy. Yoo ar the saym colour all over az I am on me fweckuls an me blobs Luv CharlEe xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

i havent been able to look at this thread in a while..just been reading over everything and you guys crack me up!

Nisha,

Ruby is busy doing something outside with Mom. Thanks for note. Just wanted to let you know that Mom and Dan traveled to Australia last year. They loved it so much that when they brought me home for the first time they named me Sydney because they absolutely loved their time in Australia. More adventures to come.
    oh they liked Australia did theY! hmm they have nice taste!! too bad you guys couldnt make it

oh and the sheep thought you guys "cutesy" huh..you girls are such male magnets!
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)