• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Here

Ruby, The three of you better hurry up and get the roof on the new kitchen addition before the weekend. That way you'll have more time for new adventures.

Duncan here,

Sorry we have been gone so long without an update. That's not like us but we have been so very busy. I know many of you have been waiting with baited breath on a Ruby, Sydney, and Duncan in Virginia update. I am putting together some pictures of our house building endeavor which I will post later tomorrow. What I'm really excited about is historic news for all you humans out there who are interested in Cavalier history. Hold onto your hats . . . in my research on the Internet, I have found photographic evidence :snap: that our Cavalier ancestors were on Noah's Ark. I'll post the evidence that I have found soon. In the meantime, here is a little photog of me to tide you over.

2678922626_5258a1db46.jpg

As you can see, I am getting bigger and stronger playing with my sisters Ruby and Sydney and absolutely adore my new parents. Can you believe its been almost a year since I arrived at my new forever home. I'll bark at ya latah but I'm so excited about my news and I'm sure you will be too when you see the pictures. First the addition, then the Ark.

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia :paw:

Waiting with baited breath!! Welcome back Duncan, it's been ages since we've been updated. My how you've grown. I can't believe it's been a year already!!

Sydney here,

After our return from Alaska where we ran in the Iditarod dog sled race, we overheard Mom and Dad talking about putting an addition on the house and extending the kitchen. They were getting estimates and talking to contractors and figuring out how this was going to be done. One night, on the way to the treat store, we were once again stopped at a traffic light when all of a sudden Duncan popped up in the back seat and said, "Hey you guys, why don't we build the addition for them ourselves."� Duncan, turns out, is really, really good at carpentry and electrical, and after talking about it, turns out Ruby is good at architecture drawings as well as heating and air conditioning, and I'm really good at plumbing and concrete work. So after much discussion, it was decided. We would have to work quick, but we would build the addition. Of course, we've also stopped letting Duncan sit in the back seat all by himself. After the Alaska trip which we'll tell you about later, and now this, he has way too much time on the way to the store to think up new adventures for us.

The next morning Mom and Dad stepped out to see some friends and we started right away. Duncan, looking as if he has done this before, took charge and came out with his tool belt, hammer, and hardhat. I began by furiously digging and digging and finally got the foundation in. Duncan jumped in and began framing, so while he worked up a sweat, I paused atop the mountain of dirt to admire my handiwork.

2678054541_b2eaeef918.jpg

After Duncan finished the framing we both realized if we wanted to get this addition and porch done before Mom and Dad got home we were going to have to hurry but we couldn't find Ruby. Ruby was responsible for the air conditioning and heating and we didn't have any air conditioning ducts in and thus couldn't proceed with the drywall. We stood in the partially complete doorway and desperately called and called for Ruby!

2678059421_b49e682f8b.jpg

Of course Ruby, being the sensitive artistic one and never satisified, was off reworking her architecture drawings and making last minute changes to her plans. We found her way out back in the shade looking at the partially complete addition and thinking about ways to make it nicer.

2678882394_07cf3fb9c6.jpg

We told her we didn't have much time before Mom and Dad got home and she'd better hurry up and get her task done. She quickly grabbed her sheet metal shears and got the duct work in. We were working like . . . . well, like dogs, and before you knew it, we had completed all the work in a record 5½ hours. I still don't understand why it takes humans weeks and months to build a house. I guess one more reason why we don't want Mom and Dad to know about our talents, huh?.

Now that we are done except for a little painting, what do you think of Ruby's design and our handiwork?

2694806248_1b0a75ffec.jpg

We were really tired after all that work so we had Ruby take a picture of Duncan and I on our new porch where we plan on spending lots of time just like this chilling out and thinking up our next adventure.

2693997353_76065827bc.jpg

And this is exactly where Mom and Dad found us when they walked through the door and found their new addition. To say they were surprised would be an understatement. Of course, we weren't going to tell. Now that you know another reason why we have been so busy, we will update you on Duncan's historic find soon. Toodles.

Last edited:
WOW, you did a wonderful job there - do you fancy coming here and doing a bit of work for me?

Can't wait to hear about Duncan's historic find!

Good job on the addition! Our backporch, leading from house to the deck, needs to be rebuilt and she has been putting it off. Maybe Hadley, my Clumber sister and I, should just do it -- you three are an inspiration!!!

My human Phyllis loves the story of Noah's ark, in fact she wanted to name me Noah but was out voted!! Waiting to hear the news!!!

Buddy as dicated to --

Way to go.....beautiful job, I must say. You three are so talented as well as very good-looking. Some dogs just "have it all".;)

Wow guys! Amazing job on the addition. Now I have a bathroom that really needs updataing. How do you fancy a trip to Ireland to sort it out for me? I know you love visiting historical sites, so I could definitely take you round some of them as part payment if you felt like the trip....

Looking forward to hearing all about Duncan's find, and the Alaska trip.

:eek:wooowweee!! You guys sure are talented ;) maybe when you are up for another trip, I can hire you to do my deck :lol::lol:

Duncan looks just beautiful.. I can't believe it's already been a year! :eek:

How do your parents find travelling with three cavaliers as opposed to two? :dogwlk:

Duncan here,

Now for my historic news. One day while Mom and Dad were busy, I was in the back yard chewing my dinosaur bone, which I found this last winter, when my eye caught something shiny hidden in the dirt. I began to dig frantically and finally uncovered a really old dirty rusty box with some funny writing on it. I quickly but carefully dragged it into the house and called for Sydney and Ruby. Excitedly, we opened it up where we found some pictures and the following note:

To whom it may concern:

To begin, we are three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who belong to an individual by the name of Noah, his wife, and their three sons. We would like to relate to you, the finder of our box, with a very strange tale. The funny thing about this story is, while we didn’t live anywhere near any water, it seemed our owner was told to build a giant boat which he calls an Ark. Its so-called purpose was to ensure that Cavalier King Charles Spaniels were saved for the enjoyment of future generations, which at the time, was a little bewildering to us, because we don’t know what we needed saving from. Turns out, the concept of a boat in the desert wasn’t nearly as crazy as it may have seemed because one day it started to rain. And it rained. And it rained. And before it stopped, the whole world was covered in water. But we are safe and sound on this giant boat, and thank goodness it’s so big. Not only did Noah and his family save Cavaliers, but he had enough room to save two of every other living creature on the earth. So, here we are, three Cavaliers and about a bazillion other animals. Our purpose in relating our story is to let all Cavaliers in the future to know about our story, see our pictures as proof, and to illustrate to future generations how smart Cavaliers are. So we have put our evidence in this waterproof box and thrown it overboard. If someone finds it one day, please share our story. Our names are Sydney of Arimethea, Ruby of Boaz, and Duncan of Gilead. Noah went to great effort to save Cavaliers, so we hope that when this is found, Cavaliers are still beloved like they are now and his efforts were a success.

Well, to say we were stunned and surprised would be an understatement. We looked at each other and realized the history that we held in our paws. Cavaliers had invented the camera. Of course, since they were so smart, so long ago, we just had to be related. So we all ran to get our pedigrees, which go back several thousand years, and what a coincidence. It turns out these were OUR relatives. We were so excited to finally see pictures of them and we knew we had to share them with all of you. So, without any further delay, here are probably the most historic pictures ever discovered:

Here is the first picture showing the Ark under construction. The caption says, “ The Ark is about 75% complete. We think our owner is crazy for building such a big boat when we aren’t even close to water. That’s us at the bottom of the picture. And funny thing is, a whole lot of animals are just starting to randomly show up.”

2720500655_2f63bbe695.jpg

Caption: "Here's Ruby helping Noah's son. Hopefully future Cavaliers will know construction as well as we do.":

2720509073_94fcc79f0c.jpg

Caption: “Here we are with the completed Ark. Notice how big it is and how many animals are all onboard. Boy does it ever smell like a barnyard. Turns out building was a good idea after all, because it rained so hard there is no dry land to be seen anywhere around”

2721309554_47591e9d1d.jpg

Caption: “Here’s a closeup of us with Noah. He’s a kind man and really loves us a lot. That’s Sydney of Arimethea in the middle, Ruby of Boaz on the right, and that's me, Duncan of Gilead on the left."

2702932442_06e906967f.jpg

Caption: “Sydney of Arimethea hasn’t learned good manners yet and continues to jump up on Noah to get attention. Hopefully, future Cavaliers will be just as friendly and loving as we are, but will have better manners”

2702111155_5a7a947101.jpg

Caption: “He was so kind, that if you’ll notice, he even included a Cavalier doggie door just for us, but how we can use it on the water is beyond us. At least we can go fishing from it”

2702956048_4991486c33.jpg

Caption: “We get a little bored since we’ve been floating for 40 days and 40 nights, so we pass the days by talking with all the animals. Notice we had a bit of a problem getting eye level with the giraffes. I had to get a boost from Sydney of Armithea to talk to them and it still wasn’t enough. Notice Mr. Noah had to modify their pen. They are a lot taller than he thought”

2702099273_8d7f33859b.jpg

Caption: “Finally, if there is any doubt that this boat was constructed primarily to save Cavaliers, Noah painted this on the side so everyone would know beyond a shadow of a doubt the purpose for such a big boat”

2702913878_cf1d27d182.jpg

The box had tons and tons of more pictures that were absolutely hilarious. Like the one with Ruby of Boaz surfing behind the boat, and Sydney of Arimethea wearing an eye patch, using a fake peg leg, and saying ARRRGGGHH, matey. However, this posting has gotten way too long. Maybe someday soon we can show you more of them. But as you can see, Cavaliers are indeed special, but we can't show Mom and Dad these photo's or they'll make the connection between the three of us, our ancestors, and the new addition. So for now, I guess our historic little secret will have to remain our historic little secret. Except with you.

Ruby, Sydney and Ducan,

It's so good to see you all posting again, I think everyone missed your whimsical adventures. I can't say enough about how beautiful your new addition is. The windows are gorgeous, I don't know which one of you picked them out, but you did an excellent job.

Noah's Ark is spectacular. How lucky was Duncan to find that buried box?

I can't wait to read more about your travels. I'm waiting for the Alaska details and of course the pictures that the three of you took.

Wow guys! What a find! Imagine, CKCs on Noah's Ark, but of course, how else would we all get to spend time with you?

Thanks for sharing the amazing and historic photos you found. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip to Alaska.

Oh, my goodness, I love the Noah's Ark!!! My human has one but it is very small in comparions to yours and it fails to include any Cavaliers, or for that matter any Clumber Spaniels either. Did your human make it (duplicating, of course, the original)? It is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

I'm always so excited to read about your latest adventures. You tell your stories in such an entertaining fashion!!! What an ark!! Wow, is that ever beautiful.

You guys seriously need to get your stories published!!!:lotsaluv:

Hiya All :)

hi everyone im new to this . i have seen some lovely dogs on here but then again there aint one cavalier that aint . i got a black and tan and his name is junior . he is by far the most loving dog ive ever know n..ive had ya typical rotweillers and english bulls . but junior is by far my most favourable ..its like a human connection with these lil fellas.

Back