• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Here

ROFL!! Lovely story of your adventures you little bundles of mischief, mustn't let Bertie find out or he will be copying you two! lolol!

Alison

Hi. We're back.

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on our weekend. Mom and Dad drove us down to Colonial Williamsburg this last weekend and we had a really good time. Of course Sydney was constantly on the prowl for squirrels and when she saw one, off she would go dragging Dad behind her on the leash. She was telling me later she knows she could catch one of those pesky little beasts if she didn't have the additional weight of a grown man holding her back. I have to admit she is about the fastest thing on four legs I have ever seen. But Dad keeps telling her you better be careful what you wish for because if you ever catch one of those little fur balls with teeth, you'll regret it. Sydney doesn't listen so she keeps trying and Dad keeps preventing it. Anyway, here are some photos of our weekend adventure.

This photo is of Sydney and I in front of the Royal Governors Palace. I think I can understand how all my ancestors could get used to living their lives on the lap of royalty in homes like this:

While we were waiting for our pictures to be taken, we saw a really good looking boy cavalier walk by and, I hate to admit it, but he was quite the looker. :l*v: As you can see he turned both of our heads to get a glimpse, but thats okay, a girl can look can't she?

We took a stroll down the Duke of Gloucester street and ended up down in front of the Capitol Building. Had a group of colonists firing their guns is the air, which immediately cause Sydney a moment of panic, but I soldiered on and got this picture.

All right, all right, already here's Sydney too. Equal time I guess:

Next weekend, if the weather is nice, we are going to Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington. Mom and Dad volunteer there a lot and we are allowed on the grounds. More pictures to come.

Sydney and Ruby in Virginia

Last edited:
What lovely pics of you both. Looks like you're both as clever as each other so no fighting and arguing ;)

You're both as beautiful as each other anyway :flwr:

I just found this thread! :rotfl: cl*p Not only are you two gorgeous, but brilliant and funny too. Your parents must be so proud. :lotsaluv: I love reading about your adventures and seeing the pics, what a great life you have. :D You must continue to keep us all updated.

Don't worry. There will be a new adventure this weekend and then some more photo's. Mom and Dad are always strapping us into our Lookout II car seats so we are nice and safe and then we're off again. We go just about every single place Mom and Dad go which tends to cut into our nap times but that's okay because we are with Mom and Dad. We'll post more because after all Sydney and I are always looking for new adventures. As you can see from our series of photo's, some of these adventures bring out the little icon_devil in us and others which bring out the little *ng*l in us. Of course, we are Cavaliers so the number of angel times far out number the little devil times. But you Cavalier owners know all about that don't you.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

haha you guys are so cute and very intelligent doggies! ;) :lol: love hearing about you and your adventures..keep them cominG!

Nisha,

Ruby is busy doing something outside with Mom. Thanks for note. Just wanted to let you know that Mom and Dan traveled to Australia last year. They loved it so much that when they brought me home for the first time they named me Sydney because they absolutely loved their time in Australia. More adventures to come.

Sydney in Virginia

Ruby and Sydney are back in the house,

Ruby and Sydney here. Let me begin by apologizing to all who have been anxiously awaiting our newest adventure. It seems Dad had to take a trip and he took his lap top with him which meant Sydney and I were out of communication. It got so bad at one time Sydney suggested we drive down to the library to use their internet computer. :sl*p: Let me count the ways that would be wrong. Number one we would have to drive in broad daylight and there is no way Sydney looks human in daylight, even if she is wearing her driving hat. Second, we all know they don't let dogs in the library, not even cute Cavaliers like us. Third, neither of us have learned to sign our names yet, so how would we sign in at the registry desk. Luckily, Dad is home and we are back in the show, baby. Anyway, just a little bit about our latest adventure . . . . . .

It being Fall in Virginia, Dad let us come outside while he raked leaves and while he was in the back yard, Sydney and I got these pictures of each other:

Oh did that sun feel good on our backs. We could have laid there all day long, but Dad decided to put us back in the house while he finished. This was a development which was not acceptable at all, so we had to come to the window, get his attention with a few little whimpers, and then unleash on him the dreaded Cavalier pity stare. Just to cover all our angles, I gave him the "Let me out now!" stare and Sydney gave him "I have a little tear of saddnes!" look. What do you think, break your heart too, huh?

Of course, it worked like a charm. Dad could never resist the power of the Cavalier stare so he quickly dropped his rake, grabbed Mom by the hand, the car keys, us, and we were off for Mount Vernon. It was such a beautiful day and we so enjoy being in our car seats and watching the Virginia countryside go by. We passed some horse farms and Sydney barked, but she is always a lot braver behind the car window than when face to face. Before we knew it we were walking through the gates of Mount Vernon, home of George Washington and America's first President. But that will have to wait until tomorrow because Mom and Dad just drove up and everyone knows we can't get caught on the computer. They still think we are the everyday, run of the mill Cavaliers, but this will continue to be our little secret, won't it? You'd be surprised what we Cavaliers can do when you humans aren't watching. What do your Cavaliers do when you are away? Maybe we will give you a clue in our next posting from Mount Vernon.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: I couldn't tell you the last time I laughed so hard! Hubby had to come in and find out what I was laughing about and it got him going to. Ruby and Sydney...you two are a pair of the most original Cavaliers I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Ever thought about writing a book? Jake and Shelby are enjoying living vicariously through all of your adventures. And you are truly wonderful little photographers. Keep it coming guys!

:lol: You two are such great photographers and both so photogenic! You get to go on lots of adventures, you lucky girls. Mom and Dad are very good to you. And no worries we'll keep your secret and they will just think your "run of the mill dogs". ;) (y) I agree that doing a book would be a great idea! Thanks for updating us on your latest adventure.

Ruby and Sydney here, :*bay:

Just another note to pick up where we left off. We may get interrupted because Mom is out to the store and Dad is down stairs watching football. We are taking a chance by writing everyone with one of our parent's in the house, but we feel it's really important to not disappoint anyone who might need a little "Ruby-Sydney" update.

As we were telling everyone when we last left, we had just strolled through the gates at Mount Vernon. Mom and Dad volunteer here and so we get to go a lot and when we go, boy do we have a ball. The estate just opened two brand new museums and they are really nice. Although I'll have to admit, I was a little miffed that they wouldn't let Sydney and I go in to the theatre to see the orientation film. :cry*ing: I guess educational outreach doesn't extend as far as the canine world. I was so upset about being kept out of the theatre, I let them know my feelings on my visitor comment sheet I dropped off as I left. icon_whistling Of course, wouldn't you know it, they called when Mom and Dad were home so I didn't get an opportunity to explain the advantages of having Cavaliers being educated too. But Sydney and I laughed so hard upstairs listening to them talking on the phone and saying they hadn't left any comment card. This is like the pictures we took in Maine. Mom thought Dad and Dad thought Mom. Thank goodness I signed Mom's name instead of my own. It was so funny but I still don't think I'm going to get to see that darn film.

Our first stop was in front of the mansion on the bowling green. I'll have to admit this is one nice place. I think Sydney and I look rather regal on the green and lend an air of respectability to the estate, don't you think?

And then came the big wooly sheep and we have quite the story to tell about our little encounter with those guys. You'll love this story. But that story and more pictures will have to wait til tomorrow because we see headlights in the window and that means Mom's home and that means food. We have so much more story to tell but we don't want to carry on too much and get caught or wear out our welcome with you.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Last edited:
What wonderful pictures. Glad you sent them that comment card...sounds like a bit of doggie discrimination to me! Can't wait for the next installment!

This is the most fun I've had in weeks. I don't know where I've been with all of these installments, but somehow I missed this thread entirely.. :yikes :yikes

You guys are too clever .. you had me laughing al the way through and both Kosmo and Avi were looking at me like I am nutball.

I can't wait for tomorrow's installment..

You'll never wear out your welcome! :flwr:

Wooo-hooo! More Sydney and Ruby adventures. You 2 get me LOL! I think we need to organize a protest march for doggie discrimination. And tell them the movie they should be showing is Lady and the Tramp! can't wait for the next installment of your fun adventures! :lol: :lol:

Ha! Bet your Mom was confused when she got that phone call :lol:

You two are soooo clever and gorgeous too - my boys are quite smitten with you both. They'd like to know if you want to book some air tickets on your Daddy's credit card and come to stay?

Ruby and Sydney :updte:

Thank you all for the gracious comments about our ongoing adventures. :thnx: We agree that doggie discrimination is rampant just about everywhere we go but especially in restraunts and movie theaters. Although we are supposed to be sworn to secrecy, we would like to share a little secret with you. We are not the only Cavaliers who are online. There are plenty more Cavaliers out there just like us. We have our own web site, we call it "Human Talk: All About Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Owners". We had originally planned to call it Cavalier Talk, but you humans managed to snatch that one away from us before we could purchase the domain name. I still for the life of me can't imagine why you want to call it Cavalier Talk anyway. A more appropriate name would have been Human Talk or Human Talk About Cavaliers, but then again you humans can sometimes mystify us with what you do. Anyway, doggie discrimination is a never ending thread on our web page and many of the cavaliers you own are regulars, although we are swon to protect their identity. Maybe in one of out future posts we can provide more detail on the Cavalier web page and some of the topics. Sorry, but we can never give you the URL because many of our fellow Cavaliers wish to remain annonymous just like we are with Mom and Dad. Oh, by the way, as for going to England, we've already maxed out Dad's credit card in our late night runs to the treat store. He keeps calling the credit card company and complaining about fraudulent charges because he hasn't bought any doggie treats lately. Looks like we may have to switch to Mom's credit card for a while.

But I digress. Back at Mount Vernon. After a few more moments of rest and relaxation on the bowling green, we decided to take Mom and Dad down to see some of the animals on the estate. First stop was the sheep pen. Mom and Dad got distracted talking to one of the animal keepers, so I snuck the camera out of Mom's purse and snapped this picture of Sydney in front of the sheep.

However, just as soon as I took it, one of those smarty pants sheep got a little mouthy and said we looked really cutesy in our harnesses and then rubbed it in by saying it was too bad we couldn't be free to roam the pasture like them. Now it was on. No one talks to my sister and I like that, so I handed the camera to Sydney, raised my head, and marched right over to the two biggest loud mouths there and said:

Listen here you big bags of sweater yarn, if I hear one more smart remark about our apparel or any other aspect of life I will come right in there and take one of those horns off and shear you to within an inch of your life. Of course, they backed down right away and apologized so I had some more pictures taken in my triumph.

Notice my grin. I can't wait to go back this next Spring and see them again after they had a little haircut and see them when they are standing there stark naked. Lets see who might need a little harness then to help cover up.

After putting the peanut gallery back in its place we strolled up to the back of the mansion. As nice as the view was from the front of the house, it was even nicer on the back. Mount Vernon overlooks the Potomac River and the views are spectacular. They have chairs set up on the porch for all the humans to sit in but we preferred the cool feel of grass. As you can see from many of my pictures I post, I prefer laying to standing, while Sydney is ever vigilant for the ever present squirrels to make their appearance so she can drag Dad behind her. :dogwlk:

While we were at Mount Vernon we saw lots of horses, tons of Red Devon oxen, a smattering of mules, flocks of chickens, and of course some smart mouth sheep. Before long it was time to go so we headed back to the car and home. I hope everyone enjoys our little adventures. We are headed out again next week, but Mom and Dad haven't told us where yet. Sorry, I was a little long winded, but Mom and Dad are off visiting some friends and we have the run of the house for several hours. Stay tuned. No telling what little adventure the two of us are liable to get into. Update you soon.

:thnku:

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Last edited:
Heya Woobs, shaym yoo can't yooz yor Dads card no more, yoo cood avs cum ta meye hows an stayd wiv mee an Maxxy. Yoo ar the saym colour all over az I am on me fweckuls an me blobs :lol: Luv CharlEe xxxxx

i havent been able to look at this thread in a while..just been reading over everything and you guys crack me up! :lol:

Nisha,

Ruby is busy doing something outside with Mom. Thanks for note. Just wanted to let you know that Mom and Dan traveled to Australia last year. They loved it so much that when they brought me home for the first time they named me Sydney because they absolutely loved their time in Australia. More adventures to come.

oh they liked Australia did theY! hmm they have nice taste!! ;) too bad you guys couldnt make it ;)

oh and the sheep thought you guys "cutesy" huh..you girls are such male magnets!

Back