• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Here

Ruby:

I am so proud of you and Sydney and your human Mom and Dad for what you have done. And to think I live right next door to you in West Virginia and did not know this was going on! A very special wiggle butt dance to all of you from me and special WooWoos from my Clumber sister Hadley. Very well done! (y)

Buddy as dictated to

Wow! What a lot of news to catch up on.

Firstly Sydeny Happy Birthday for last week. I loved your video.

You guys and your parents are fantastic to have rescued so many other cavs. I enjoyed hearing all about your foster siblings. I'm so glad that you maybe - might - possibly be keeping Rudy. He looks like great guy and I'm sure your Dad will appreciate evening out the testosterone levels somewhat! Looking forward to hearing how it all works out. Well done again for rescuing all those cavs.

I am replying to bump this up. This is a very long thread but go to #140 and read Ruby's wonderful story of a rescue of five Cavaliers in Virginia. Yeah, Ruby, Sydney and your human Mom and Dad!!

Way to go Ruby and Sydney! You have your humans well trained, just a pity you can't keep all the gang with you.

Love and licks

Merlin and Oakley:dogwlk:

Wow, Ruby and Sydney you guys are fantastic!! You should be so, so proud of your Mom and Dad for rescuing these five beautiful little dogs.
They are all tugging at my heartstring, but Emerald, she's a looker.

Ruby and Sydney here,

We've been away for a while and you haven't heard from us but we have a very good reason why. Instead of forcing you to listen to either one of us explain why we have been gone, we'll let the reason itself explain.

Hi everyone. I'm a little nervous so I ask that you be patient as I tell my story. My name is Duncan but most of you may remember me better as Rudy. I'm the ruby male who along with my four sisters, was rescued by Ruby and Sydney, a story you read about in Ruby's previous post. My sisters have all been adopted and have moved on to their permanent homes and from conversations I overhear, it appears they are very happy and very, very loved. The only one left without a permanent home was me and I was beginning to get worried that maybe no one wanted me. I was trying to be really really good and well mannered, even going outside to go to the bathroom. But maybe it wasn't good enough and ultimately no one would ever love me too. However, this last week, just as I was beginning to think that all hope was lost, Ruby and Sydney's Mom and Dad, my foster parents sat down with me. I thought at first that maybe they were about to give me the bad news that I was finally going back to my previous home and I was very afraid. I have grown to love my foster Mom and Dad and have really grown to love my new sister's Ruby and Sydney. We play in the back yard and we all go places together in the back seat of the car. Ruby has even shown me how to make signs and type on the Internet. I didn't want to leave but was prepared for whatever my foster parents were about to tell me. As I braced for the worst, my foster Mom and Dad surprised me by suddenly giving me the biggest, hardest hug I think I have ever gotten and said the words that I was beginning to think I would never hear - that my foster home and family is now my permanent home. I was now finally in my permanent life time home and could scarcely believe it. Maybe I was dreaming or that I hadn't really heard what they said. I looked over at Ruby and Sydney and they smiled and nodded yes. They knew this was coming but had kept it a secret. I can't express how happy I am now. I can now be a permanent part of a real family, helping Ruby and Sydney drive to the treat store, fool Mom and Dad at Christmas, and best of all getting to travel all around seeing things I can never imagine.

To celebrate, Mom and Dad bought me a brand new harness and packed us up for our first official road trip as a new family. Our first trip was to the Shenandoah National Park about a two hour drive away from home. It is sooo pretty with the mountains and the changing colors of the trees. We saw lots of deer and five big black bears. Ruby and Sydney said that was nothing, that they had seen an alligator during one of their trips. Not sure what an alligator but I can't wait to go with my new family and see one now. In celebration, Ruby took this picture of her new brother.

100_1436.jpg

She told me that it is common practice to take pictures of each other while on road trips and to post them online for all our human friends like you to share. Not sure who you are, but Sydney said you were out there. After a long day, we arrived back home and I quickly curled up on Mom and Dad's bed and fell to sleep.

100_1429.jpg

100_1433-1.jpg

I dreamed of my new family and what my life will be like in this wonderful new home. Maybe someday in the future I can explain a little about my previous life and how dramatically improved my life is now that I am finally a wanted, cherished, and loved Cavalier. Or better stated, I am finally "home".

Duncan in Virginia

Oh, and Ruby and Sydney in Virginia too :paw:

Last edited:
I've just sat and read this whole thread! It really had me laughing :lol:. What a great story at the end. I'm glad Duncan has found his forever home where he will be loved. I must say Ruby and Sydney are clever little dogs!! Can I ask what the car seats are called and if I could buy one online? How do the dogs strap in?

WOW, Duncan! What a wonderful home you have gotten. Your friends in Miami are so happy for you.

Why don't you talk your Mummy and Daddy and your two sisters into a road trip to Miami. There's loads to see here!

I have just found this thread and read it all, its just brilliant, you guys just have the best life! Keep us posted, so happy for you Duncan that you have found your forever home :)

Welcome home Duncan!!! I had a feeling you were already living with your permanent family ;) So, how do you like being the only boy with two sisters? Makes you feel even more special doesn't it?! And wait until you get to go on all of those adventures. Your sisters post the most wonderful stories and pictures, but watch out, they're going to teach you all kinds of things, and may even get you into trouble a time or two, but that's what it's all about, being a part of a family. You'll get to see the most amazing things. You are a lucky little guy to be surrounded with so much love!!:luv:

What a wonderful story and you are so beautiful, Duncan :luv: I laughed and I was in tears, thank you for sharing it with us.:p

Oh Duncan, I am so happy for you. You had me crying at work! You are going to have such a wonderful life. Rudy and Sydney have the best adventures ever and lead such colorful lives. Can't wait to hear about all of the fun places the three of you will go with Mom and Dad. Please keep us updated we so enjoy reading your posts.

Duncan your story brought tears to my eyes - you truly have wonderful parents. Congratulations on your new home! :)

Hey, Duncan, you look like you have settled right in and that Ruby and Sydney are showing you the ropes. My Clumber sister Hadley says she is showing me the ropes too but she mostly gets me in trouble. We live on the other side of those beautiful mountains you visited, in West Virginia. Keep us posted on your adventures and maybe one day we will run into each other on your travels.

From Buddy who is on restricted computer use so this was dictated to --

Duncan here,

I am so happy now that I have found my permanent home that words can never describe. :jmp2:

I just had my first holiday called Thanksgiving and boy did I eat. I ate so much that I bet if I wore a belt, my belly would've hung over it. We haven't gotten to take any big trips yet because my sisters have been so busy teaching me many, many useful skills. Ruby has taught me to use the computer and I have been so busy chatting :blabla: with my fellow Cavaliers on "Human Talk". Sydney has taught me to drive and we have been to the treat store three times since I got here. :drivecar: Sydney even let me drive the last time. She chilled out in the passenger seat wearing her sunglasses and listening to Dad's ipod. :cool: She was rocking and rolling and snapping her paws. Ooops, I gotta run because I hear Mom and Dad stirring in bed upstairs. Ruby and Sydney told me to never let them find me using the computer or engaging in any other human activity. I'll get back soon and will tell you an absolutely hilarious story about us going out to get a tree for Mom and Dad. I still don't understand but Ruby said they didn't either when they saw it for the first time last year. She said its got something to do with a giant fat man in a red suit. Can't wait to hear about this one. Stay tuned.

Duncan in Virginia :paw:

ooops, sorry... and Ruby and Sydney in Virginia too! :paw:

Ah Duncan....sounds like you're really living the good life now. And Ruby and Sydney are such good big sisters to teach you all of their little secrets.

Hey, Duncan, my human Phyllis has blocked our access to Human Talk, both the one for Cavaliers and the one for Clumbers. She will let us dictate to her on Cavalier Talk and her Clumber Lists so here I am. So glad you are doing well and are settled in. Hope you enjoy the Holidays. Christmas can be both a blessing and a curse. There are lots of extra treats and pampering but there are also extra humans around who can take your spots on the sofa. Not all of them understand that no room on the sofa means you gotta move to their lap. The big man in the red suit gets cookies and other goodies left for him by the humans. Last year Hadley and I got there first and by the time Santa arrived there were just crumbs. He did not seem to mind. Still did lots of Ho Ho Ho's and we did Woo Woo's back at him. Nice guy! Take care and keep us posted.

Dictated by Buddy (Bud Bud) to

Back