Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Here

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby, The three of you better hurry up and get the roof on the new kitchen addition before the weekend. That way you'll have more time for new adventures.
    Sharon, proud Mom of Scout (tri) and Breeze (Newfie)

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan here,

Sorry we have been gone so long without an update. That's not like us but we have been so very busy. I know many of you have been waiting with baited breath on a Ruby, Sydney, and Duncan in Virginia update. I am putting together some pictures of our house building endeavor which I will post later tomorrow. What I'm really excited about is historic news for all you humans out there who are interested in Cavalier history. Hold onto your hats . . . in my research on the Internet, I have found photographic evidence that our Cavalier ancestors were on Noah's Ark. I'll post the evidence that I have found soon. In the meantime, here is a little photog of me to tide you over.

As you can see, I am getting bigger and stronger playing with my sisters Ruby and Sydney and absolutely adore my new parents. Can you believe its been almost a year since I arrived at my new forever home. I'll bark at ya latah but I'm so excited about my news and I'm sure you will be too when you see the pictures. First the addition, then the Ark.

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting with baited breath!! Welcome back Duncan, it's been ages since we've been updated. My how you've grown. I can't believe it's been a year already!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I have just read all of your stories- what fun you all have!!! All 3 dogs are just beautiful.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney here,

After our return from Alaska where we ran in the Iditarod dog sled race, we overheard Mom and Dad talking about putting an addition on the house and extending the kitchen. They were getting estimates and talking to contractors and figuring out how this was going to be done. One night, on the way to the treat store, we were once again stopped at a traffic light when all of a sudden Duncan popped up in the back seat and said, "Hey you guys, why don't we build the addition for them ourselves." Duncan, turns out, is really, really good at carpentry and electrical, and after talking about it, turns out Ruby is good at architecture drawings as well as heating and air conditioning, and I'm really good at plumbing and concrete work. So after much discussion, it was decided. We would have to work quick, but we would build the addition. Of course, we've also stopped letting Duncan sit in the back seat all by himself. After the Alaska trip which we'll tell you about later, and now this, he has way too much time on the way to the store to think up new adventures for us.

The next morning Mom and Dad stepped out to see some friends and we started right away. Duncan, looking as if he has done this before, took charge and came out with his tool belt, hammer, and hardhat. I began by furiously digging and digging and finally got the foundation in. Duncan jumped in and began framing, so while he worked up a sweat, I paused atop the mountain of dirt to admire my handiwork.

After Duncan finished the framing we both realized if we wanted to get this addition and porch done before Mom and Dad got home we were going to have to hurry but we couldn't find Ruby. Ruby was responsible for the air conditioning and heating and we didn't have any air conditioning ducts in and thus couldn't proceed with the drywall. We stood in the partially complete doorway and desperately called and called for Ruby!

Of course Ruby, being the sensitive artistic one and never satisified, was off reworking her architecture drawings and making last minute changes to her plans. We found her way out back in the shade looking at the partially complete addition and thinking about ways to make it nicer.

We told her we didn't have much time before Mom and Dad got home and she'd better hurry up and get her task done. She quickly grabbed her sheet metal shears and got the duct work in. We were working like . . . . well, like dogs, and before you knew it, we had completed all the work in a record 5 hours. I still don't understand why it takes humans weeks and months to build a house. I guess one more reason why we don't want Mom and Dad to know about our talents, huh?.

Now that we are done except for a little painting, what do you think of Ruby's design and our handiwork?

We were really tired after all that work so we had Ruby take a picture of Duncan and I on our new porch where we plan on spending lots of time just like this chilling out and thinking up our next adventure.

And this is exactly where Mom and Dad found us when they walked through the door and found their new addition. To say they were surprised would be an understatement. Of course, we weren't going to tell. Now that you know another reason why we have been so busy, we will update you on Duncan's historic find soon. Toodles.

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia
    Last edited by Sydney; 26th September 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Duncan can't find his tool belt. Did he leave it here?

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, you did a wonderful job there - do you fancy coming here and doing a bit of work for me?

Can't wait to hear about Duncan's historic find!
    Sarah

Mum of Rosie (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the addition! Our backporch, leading from house to the deck, needs to be rebuilt and she has been putting it off. Maybe Hadley, my Clumber sister and I, should just do it -- you three are an inspiration!!!

My human Phyllis loves the story of Noah's ark, in fact she wanted to name me Noah but was out voted!! Waiting to hear the news!!!

Buddy as dicated to --
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

That's it....I'm moving in with you guys!!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

what a sweetie
    cavaliers are like chocolate...the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

awww theyre all gorgeous
    cavaliers are like chocolate...the more you see the more you want