Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Here

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go.....beautiful job, I must say. You three are so talented as well as very good-looking. Some dogs just "have it all".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow guys! Amazing job on the addition. Now I have a bathroom that really needs updataing. How do you fancy a trip to Ireland to sort it out for me? I know you love visiting historical sites, so I could definitely take you round some of them as part payment if you felt like the trip....

Looking forward to hearing all about Duncan's find, and the Alaska trip.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

wooowweee!! You guys sure are talented maybe when you are up for another trip, I can hire you to do my deck

Duncan looks just beautiful.. I can't believe it's already been a year!

How do your parents find travelling with three cavaliers as opposed to two?
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

OMG shes so cute! I love the one in the basket!
    With love from
    Max, Brandy, Cindy, Lilo,
    Sally (waiting at the bridge).

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan here,

Now for my historic news. One day while Mom and Dad were busy, I was in the back yard chewing my dinosaur bone, which I found this last winter, when my eye caught something shiny hidden in the dirt. I began to dig frantically and finally uncovered a really old dirty rusty box with some funny writing on it. I quickly but carefully dragged it into the house and called for Sydney and Ruby. Excitedly, we opened it up where we found some pictures and the following note:

To whom it may concern:

To begin, we are three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who belong to an individual by the name of Noah, his wife, and their three sons. We would like to relate to you, the finder of our box, with a very strange tale. The funny thing about this story is, while we didn’t live anywhere near any water, it seemed our owner was told to build a giant boat which he calls an Ark. Its so-called purpose was to ensure that Cavalier King Charles Spaniels were saved for the enjoyment of future generations, which at the time, was a little bewildering to us, because we don’t know what we needed saving from. Turns out, the concept of a boat in the desert wasn’t nearly as crazy as it may have seemed because one day it started to rain. And it rained. And it rained. And before it stopped, the whole world was covered in water. But we are safe and sound on this giant boat, and thank goodness it’s so big. Not only did Noah and his family save Cavaliers, but he had enough room to save two of every other living creature on the earth. So, here we are, three Cavaliers and about a bazillion other animals. Our purpose in relating our story is to let all Cavaliers in the future to know about our story, see our pictures as proof, and to illustrate to future generations how smart Cavaliers are. So we have put our evidence in this waterproof box and thrown it overboard. If someone finds it one day, please share our story. Our names are Sydney of Arimethea, Ruby of Boaz, and Duncan of Gilead. Noah went to great effort to save Cavaliers, so we hope that when this is found, Cavaliers are still beloved like they are now and his efforts were a success.

Well, to say we were stunned and surprised would be an understatement. We looked at each other and realized the history that we held in our paws. Cavaliers had invented the camera. Of course, since they were so smart, so long ago, we just had to be related. So we all ran to get our pedigrees, which go back several thousand years, and what a coincidence. It turns out these were OUR relatives. We were so excited to finally see pictures of them and we knew we had to share them with all of you. So, without any further delay, here are probably the most historic pictures ever discovered:

Here is the first picture showing the Ark under construction. The caption says, “ The Ark is about 75% complete. We think our owner is crazy for building such a big boat when we aren’t even close to water. That’s us at the bottom of the picture. And funny thing is, a whole lot of animals are just starting to randomly show up.”

Caption: "Here's Ruby helping Noah's son. Hopefully future Cavaliers will know construction as well as we do.":

Caption: “Here we are with the completed Ark. Notice how big it is and how many animals are all onboard. Boy does it ever smell like a barnyard. Turns out building was a good idea after all, because it rained so hard there is no dry land to be seen anywhere around”

Caption: “Here’s a closeup of us with Noah. He’s a kind man and really loves us a lot. That’s Sydney of Arimethea in the middle, Ruby of Boaz on the right, and that's me, Duncan of Gilead on the left."

Caption: “Sydney of Arimethea hasn’t learned good manners yet and continues to jump up on Noah to get attention. Hopefully, future Cavaliers will be just as friendly and loving as we are, but will have better manners”

Caption: “He was so kind, that if you’ll notice, he even included a Cavalier doggie door just for us, but how we can use it on the water is beyond us. At least we can go fishing from it”

Caption: “We get a little bored since we’ve been floating for 40 days and 40 nights, so we pass the days by talking with all the animals. Notice we had a bit of a problem getting eye level with the giraffes. I had to get a boost from Sydney of Armithea to talk to them and it still wasn’t enough. Notice Mr. Noah had to modify their pen. They are a lot taller than he thought”

Caption: “Finally, if there is any doubt that this boat was constructed primarily to save Cavaliers, Noah painted this on the side so everyone would know beyond a shadow of a doubt the purpose for such a big boat”

The box had tons and tons of more pictures that were absolutely hilarious. Like the one with Ruby of Boaz surfing behind the boat, and Sydney of Arimethea wearing an eye patch, using a fake peg leg, and saying ARRRGGGHH, matey. However, this posting has gotten way too long. Maybe someday soon we can show you more of them. But as you can see, Cavaliers are indeed special, but we can't show Mom and Dad these photo's or they'll make the connection between the three of us, our ancestors, and the new addition. So for now, I guess our historic little secret will have to remain our historic little secret. Except with you.

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby, Sydney and Ducan,

It's so good to see you all posting again, I think everyone missed your whimsical adventures. I can't say enough about how beautiful your new addition is. The windows are gorgeous, I don't know which one of you picked them out, but you did an excellent job.

Noah's Ark is spectacular. How lucky was Duncan to find that buried box?

I can't wait to read more about your travels. I'm waiting for the Alaska details and of course the pictures that the three of you took.
    Sharon, proud Mom of Scout (tri) and Breeze (Newfie)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow guys! What a find! Imagine, CKCs on Noah's Ark, but of course, how else would we all get to spend time with you?

Thanks for sharing the amazing and historic photos you found. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip to Alaska.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my goodness, I love the Noah's Ark!!! My human has one but it is very small in comparions to yours and it fails to include any Cavaliers, or for that matter any Clumber Spaniels either. Did your human make it (duplicating, of course, the original)? It is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always so excited to read about your latest adventures. You tell your stories in such an entertaining fashion!!! What an ark!! Wow, is that ever beautiful.

You guys seriously need to get your stories published!!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hiya All :)

hi everyone im new to this . i have seen some lovely dogs on here but then again there aint one cavalier that aint . i got a black and tan and his name is junior . he is by far the most loving dog ive ever know n..ive had ya typical rotweillers and english bulls . but junior is by far my most favourable ..its like a human connection with these lil fellas.