• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Here

Oh Ruby and Sydney, you smart girls! What a sweet thing to do for your Mom and Dad, they'll never know it was you! :D We love reading about your adventures, sounds like you will all have a wonderful Christmas.

Ruby and Sydney

Thank you all so very much for the information on Santa Claus. Between the postings from you (thank you so much) and the discussions with all our other Cavaliers on the Cavalier web site "Human Talk - The Cavalier Chat Room on Human Owners", we are getting hip on this dude called Santa. Also, by keeping our ears open, we've also heard Mom talking about this jolly old fat man, with a beard, wearing a red suit called Santa Claus. Apparently he comes down a chimney, (if you have one, if not he has other ways to get in), and then leaves us presents under the tree we decorated. Now normally, anyone coming into our house uninvited will hear about it from Sydney and I. But if this Santa guy is hauling down some doggie treats and chew toys, well let's just say we can make a bit of an exception, can't we Sydney. Reading some of your posts it appears we have to put together a list of presents we would like Santa to bring us and then mail it to Santa. Some other Cavaliers said it was too late to send a list to Santa now but we have a feeling that if Santa is half the person we have read about, we could have our list arrive on Christmas Eve and he would still answer all our wishes. But just to make sure we have all our bases covered, we are getting down to business. First of all we had to wait until Mom and Dad left. Once they were gone, Sydney got some paper and pens down and she started first. Before Sydney had gotten much past her name at the top of the list, Sydney thought she saw some headlights coming down the drive,

And boy, did we scramble out of the kitchen and disappeared up the stairs as fast our little legs could carry us,

We disappeared up the stairs and slipped back onto our pillows when suddenly Sydney remembered she had left her list on the kitchen table.

Luckily it was a false alarm and it wasn't Mom and Dad. If they had come in and found her list on the table, we would have been busted for sure. Quickly getting back to work, Sydney completed her list first but only because she had a cup of coffee to keep her awake.

And this is what Sydney is asking Santa for this year

Endless Dreams of Running
Basking in the Sun
Unconditional Love
Coming Home After a Trip
Unexpected Treats

And while you're at it Santa, Sydney also wants you to bring her

Extra Large Box of Squirrels
New Driving Gloves
Lady and the Tramp DVD

Once she finished her list, I started mine, but trying to figure out what I want Santa to bring me is really hard work. Before I knew it, I had accidentally dozed off. Guess I should have done like Sydney and had a cup of coffee too:

A little bit of a nap must have helped, because when I woke up I figured out that this is what I want Santa to bring me on Christmas

Lots and Lots of Wet Kisses
Peaceful Afternoon Naps
A Soft Chewy Squeak Toy
A New Pillow And My Favorite Spot in Front of the Window
Unexpected Treats
Mom or Dad's Lap to Curl Up In and Nap

And of course I could also use the following if its not too much trouble Santa:

A New Laptop All My Own
Any Book on Programming in C++ And Java
A Vera Bradley Handbag like my Mommy's

After finishing our list, we knew we had to mail it somewhere but no one knew the right address, so we are taking a guess and sending it to someplace called the North Pole. We're not exactly sure where that is, but we have total faith in the U.S. Postal Service.

And mailed it during one of our late night runs to the doggie store for doggie treats.

Looks like we have yet again come to the conclusion of another Ruby and Sydney adventure. Our only task left is to prepare for Santa's arrival. We understand it is a tradition for human children to leave Santa a plate of cookies and a glass of milk. In honor of that tradition, I practiced leaving Santa a plate of our own goodies, with hopes he would enjoy them while he is here, but of course Sydney just COULDN'T resist and had to go take some.

I told her if she did something like that on Christmas Eve, Santa might not leave any presents for her. Sydney whined about how she liked treats and couldn't resist but promised she would behave on Christmas Eve.

Well, better run. Mom and Dad are back from the store. Only a few days left until Christmas. We'll get back with another posting on Christmas Eve. Until then, so long everyone and make sure you have everything ready for Santa. We do.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Last edited:
Ruby and Sydney - hope you both have a wonderful Christmas. I have a feeling you will get everything on your list...well...maybe not everything :lol: I'm sure your list will get to Santa as long as you posted it to the North Pole. Everyone knows that's where Santa lives and I'm sure the postman up there is very familiar with his house. I've so enjoyed your stories....have a nice restful Christmas and we're looking forward to your future tales!

Ruby and I would like to thank all of you who have participated in our adventures
and wanted to take this wonderful opportunity to tell you . . . .

Merry Christmas to all . . . . .

. . . . .and to all a Good Night.

Last edited:
Ruby Here,

Santa came to our house! Santa came to our house! Sydney and I must have been good this last year because we cleaned up. Of course, it was a bygone conclusion we would get something because, after all, aren't Cavaliers good all the time? But it's good to have Santa validate that fact. Sydney and I got lots and lots of squeaky toys, chewy sticks, bags and bags of treats, and a really cute ball with 10 different colored balls inside. That is it on the left: (Sydney is off the all the rest of my goodies but that's okay, I have my favorites)

Sydney and I take turns taking all the little balls out of the big ball, squeaking them a few times, and then scampering off to hide them all around the house. Mom and Dad keep finding them upstairs, downstairs, on the stairs, etc. We also got a little extra credit when we put one under the cushion on the sofa and it made Mom jump and squeal when she sat on it. We also got a new house to replace our current residence in the kitchen. We like it there because its warm and we can keep an eye on Mom and Dad there best.

Oh yes, I got Sydney the driving gloves she asked for and the large box of squirrels. There's a lot, I got a gross (144) with a good discount. She lets one out occasionally and chases it across the yard but it scampers up the closest tree and disappears. Everyone in the neighborhood keeps complaining that there seems to be more squirrels this year and we just smile and keep looking cute. Now we are ready for the New Years holiday and we understand from Mom that you humans make promises to yourselves for the New Year and call them resolutions. In the spirit of the holiday, Sydney and I have come up with some resolutions of our own which we would like to share with you now. What do you think?

Ruby and Sydney's New Year's Resolutions

I will not wake Mommy up by sticking my cold, wet nose on her bottom.
I will not chew my Dad's toothbrush and not tell him.
I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, since it seem to cause Mom to think I was bleeding.
When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.
I will not drop soggy tennis balls in the underwear of someone who is sitting on the toilet.
We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
I will not steal my Mom's underwear and dance all over the back yard with it.
The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are Mom and Dad's laps.
My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
I will not play tug-o'-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
The garbage collector is NOT stealing our stuff.
I must shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.
I will not eat the cats' food, before or after they eat it.
The computer's mouse is, unlike a real mouse, inedible.
I will stop trying to find the few remaining clean pieces of carpet in the house when I am about to throw up.
I will not throw up in the car.
I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., when we go to the beach.
"Kitty box crunchies" are not food.
I will not eat any more socks and then re-deposit them in the backyard after processing.
The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
If you can help us think of any more, let us know.

As soon as the New Year's holiday is over, Sydney and I can start where we left off before the holiday's, with our last adventure in Washington D.C. We have lots of stories to tell and pictures to share. Don't worry, it won't be our last trip. In the New Year, Mom and Dad are taking us on lots of trips here in Virginia and we may even get to see Queen Elizabeth. She has promised to come to Virginia to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown in 1607. We are also going to spend time in the Hamptons in New York, (Mom grew up there), Charleston, South Carolina, and maybe for our big vacation a trip to England, Scotland, or Ireland. More to come so try to keep up.

Last edited:
Oh my....somebody sure got spoiled by Santa...and good for you!! I love the New Year's Resolution....did anyone also tell you it's a tradition to not keep at least 90% of them? :D

Ruby here,

90%? :yikes Uh, no. No one said anything about actually keeping them. We thought it was a good joke. I'd better go tell Sydney. I thought we could for sure keep one or two, but 90%. Not sure I like New Year's like I did Thanksgiving and Christmas.

If you happen to see Wesley or Cody on one of your cavalier sites...be sure to let them know about the cat food one....The litter box is NOT a 24 hour all-you-can-eat buffet!! :yuk:

Awww ... Sydney and Ruby ... love those resolutions and those pics of your Christmas loot!!! :)

Ruby Here,

TO Cathy T. Whew, for a moment there I thought you meant we had to actually KEEP 90% of our resolutions. Its much better knowing we only have to keep 10% or less. I think Sydney and I can keep 10% or so.

Dear Ruby and Sydney,

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love your new pink house. Tucker has one, his is blue, unfortunately he chewed through the door panel, I roll it up and keep it open, though he rarely uses it. I cannot wait to tell Elizabeth about the latest update to your adventures. Your Resolution List is hilarious.

ELIZABETH here, New Year's Eve Day:

my auntie said i could leave you a post well first of all lets say i hope you have a happy new year. thank you for all your stories. Bye.

Love your latest pics girls :D Glad Santa Paws came and left you some lovely presents - you must have been good :lol:

are your folks going to bring you to England with them? Make sure they don't leave you behind if they come over - there's plenty of other Cavaliers here for you both to meet :D

(y) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :w**h**: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: cl*p
Omlete, here on my lap, and I just found and read this entire thread :lol: :lol: :lol: What a treat and a great way to start our new year. :thnku: Thanks Ruby and sydney for the great journey with you two.

Om is squirming around here. I think she plans to check in with you on your secret site Human Talk: All about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Owners

OmatComputer.jpg

Om's Mom & OM

Hey everyone, Sydney here checking in. Ruby will be right back, she's busy with her Christmas stuff.

Just wanted to take a moment and respond to a few posts from our Cavalier friends out there. We would like to respond to everyone who reads about our adventures, but its difficult when you don't want your Mom and Dad to catch you. As a warning to all the Cavaliers out there who have been reading about us. Don't get caught reading these or you'll never get any rest around the house. Trust me, your owners will always be forever trotting you out in front of the neighbors to do a little soft shoe (yes we Cavaliers are notoriously good dancers/tail waggers), having you run errands for them in the car, programming their computers, etc. Our parents don't know about this web site but your parents do, so if you want to communicate, try our web site or log on here under an alias. Bottom line is be discrete and only log on when Mom and/or Dad is out of the house. Anyway, here we go:

TO OMLETE - Drop us a line on Human Talk. We have a lot of really good chat rooms and topics going on. When we Cavaliers pool our knowledge and work together, the world is our oyster. In fact, it's in the chat room "Treat-a-holics" that we can identify the best treat stores within a 15 mile radius of your home if you enter your zip code. This comes in handy for those nights when you are absolutely famished and your humans are asleep in your favorite spot on the couch :slp: and you must take a drive on your own.

TO DONNA, MAX, and CHARLIE - We'd love to come to England with Mom and Dad and meet all of our English Cavalier cousins. I think we can come now because some of our Cavalier buddies on Human Talk have told us that we can now get a doggie passport and as long as we have our rabies shots current we don't have to worry about quarrantine! If that's right, Ruby and I will start practicing our driving on the right. Maybe if we are in your area, we can drive by and pick you up on one of our late night "English" treat runs. :drivecar: Know of any good treat stores in your area? If you do, log on after Mum goes to bed and lets chat.

TO TUCKER (and Elizabeth) - Duuuude. Don't chew through the flap, they'll know you did it. Listen, log onto Human Talk and go to the chat room titled "Silly Humans - Think You Can Contain Me?" and you can read about all the ways our owners try to keep us contained and the ways we can get out without leaving a trace. There are even ways you can roam around and then put yourself back in making your owners think you were never out. For instance, Mom and Dad zip our container up. But we found out from this chat room, that if they zip it up that means they are going out for something, so if you wait until they leave and then use a small paper clip . . . ooops, humans read this so go to our web site. We've got all the straight answers on how to get out of ANYTHING without leaving a single trace. :lol:

TO WESLEY and CODY - Don't worry. They were only resolutions and from what I hear humans make them and break them all the time, so go ahead and eat up. Besides, this was one resolution Ruby and I will probably be able to keep because MOM AND DAD DON'T HAVE ANY KITTY'S! :jump: Oh yes, you can find out where to purchase boxes of squirrels on our web site under the chat room "Treat-a-holic". See our post to Omlete above.

Better run for now. Mom and Dad are coming back from next door. I'm still trying to get all my pictures together from Washington D.C. and once they are together, I'll post them online and tell you about our method of straightening house in the capital.

Ruby and Sy....er, wait........... SYDNEY and Ruby in Virginia :paw:

Ruby and Sydney Here,

Many of you have emailed me and asked about our Washington DC pictures. Well, I've finally gotten some free time from my extremely busy and hectic schedule involving naps, chewies, and of course play time with Mom and Dad. With a short lull in the action, I can now post my pictures from one of our weekend trips into Washington. While these photo's were taken prior to Thanksgiving and Christmas, Sydney and I were so busy with our holiday adventures, I haven't gotten around to showing you until now.

This was going to be so much fun, because Mom and Dad both work in DC during the week so it's sometimes hard to get them to go back downtown on the weekends. But after enough begging and pleading, we finally convinced them it was in their best interest to take us and show us the sites, educationally speaking that is, if they ever expected us to get into one of the better universities when we grew up. So, based on that argument, off we went. Sydney has been downtown before, but this was my first trip and I could barely contain my excitement.

I soon found out that there are way too many things to see and do and to cover it all in one day would be expecting too much, so it was suggested we start at the Capitol.

000_0008_00.jpg

It seems that this is where something called Congress meets. I don't think this must be a very friendly group because Dad's always mad at them come April 15th. But I'm not so sure because the American humorist from Oklahoma Will Rogers said some really funny things about these people called Congress. Things like;

"The country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer."�

Or

"If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of Congress."�

Sounds like a funny bunch of people so I was a little miffed when I tried to go in and hear some of their jokes and the policeman said "No Dogs Allowed". And they call this a Democracy. I don't think so, at least not until dogs get to vote. So it was up to me to bring a little humor to the mall. Here I am striking my best Congressional pose and saying, "Vote for me and I'll give you a bazillion doggie treats and all the squirrels you can chase."� As you can see, even Sydney thought this was really really funny and was laughing hysterically.

000_0009_01.jpg

Enough fooling around because we had lots more to see, so we snapped a picture of each other and moved on

000_0012_01a.jpg

000_0014_01a.jpg

Next stop was the Washington Monument. Boy was it ever big. Sydney and I stood at the bottom and looked straight up and from our vantage point it looked like a really big delicious bone. Tell me what you think;

100_1097.jpg

It was at that moment we saw a hot dog stand and boy did that get my attention. I would love a hot dog with lots of chili and cheese on it, yuuuummmmmmm.

100_1091.jpg

Just down from the Washington Monument is the new World War II Memorial. It was so pretty and very popular because it is one of the newest monuments in Washington.

100_1100.jpg

Of course, Sydney wanted her picture taken so she could send it to some of her relatives back in Ireland,

100_1105.jpg

And I had her take my photo just so we would be even,

100_1113-1.jpg

Directly behind the World War II Monument is the Lincoln Monument. We didn't have time to walk down there, so maybe on our next trip we can get some good photo's for you.

100_1119.jpg

We continued our stroll around the ellipse to the White House. This is where the President lives. We understand a few Presidents have owned Cavaliers. I'm sure that's probably what got them elected. Put us on your campaign literature and you wouldn't even have to campaign. What do you think?

100_1132.jpg

By now it was starting to get late, so Mom, Dad, and Sydney and I started back to the car, but not before stopping at the Jefferson Memorial at the Tidal Basin. This Monument to Thomas Jefferson is very pretty and is very popular during Cherry Blossom Festival in April. If you ever get a chance, you should really come to Washington in the Spring to see the Cherry Blossoms. I know I'll be there and maybe we can meet.

100_1141-2.jpg

Well I've rambled on too long and there was so much we didn't see like the Supreme Court, Library of Congress, the Smithsonian Museum, the Franklin Roosevelt Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, the Pentagon. The list seems endless. But we'll talk Mom and Dad into taking us back downtown soon and we'll give you another update when that happens. In the meantime, keep checking back in because I have a special treat for all of you coming soon. I think you will all like it very much. Gotta run, we hear the key in the door so Mom and Dad are back.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Last edited:
Dear Ruby and Sydney,

It's been many years since I've been to Washington D.C. Thank you for showing me around. Your pictures are gorgeous, the sky is so blue and provides the perfect backdrop to the monuments, and of course to you. I look forward to your next trip, the Lincoln Memorial is one of my favorites. Your mum and dad are lucky to have two such well behaved cavaliers to travel with. Did you get lots of attention from the other people visiting the sites? If I were there, I would have introduced myself to you and asked lots of questions. I can't wait to show these new photos to Elizabeth, she looks forward to your posts, and each time she visits the first thing we do together is login to Cavaliertalk and look to see what Ruby and Sydney have been up to.

Elizabeth promises to have a long talk with Tucker about chewing on his doggy den. It's so warm here today, he's been basking in the sunshine laying out on the back deck. He fell asleep listening to Cat Stevens. He's got excellent taste in music.

Have a good week.

Back