• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Here

Oh the educational experiences you two get...you're a shoo-in at the University of your choice. Jake and Shelby never made it to college but like to pretend they did
HPIM1628-1.jpg

Sydney - you run and you've got our votes!!

Cathy,

Thank you and we're hoping for University of Cavalier. :rah: Its the cavalier equivalent of Harvard and its pretty much all telecourses (living in a dorm might tip Mom and Dad off) but it all depends on our CSAT (Cavalier Scholastic Apptitude Test) results.

As for Jake and Shelby, their college outfits are stunning. As for going to college, its never too late, but they may already have their degrees and just haven't told you about them. Its not like we can frame our diplomas and hang them on the wall. Otherwise, I'll have them check the Cavalier College Financial Aid chat room on the cavalier web page.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Sydney here,

Well another weekend has come and once again Ruby and I find ourselves back on the road again traveling to another historic location. Mom and Dad like to go somewhere almost every weekend so why should this long weekend be any different. Where did we go this time? Here are a few clues. It's a little more than an hour by car from our house. It's home to the oldest state legislature building in the country still in use today, and its home to the US Naval Academy. For you history buffs, that can only mean Annapolis, Maryland.

Mom and Dad took us to Annapolis there to see the sights, but I think they are really hoping we will both one day apply and be accepted to the Naval Academy. We thought all those Midshipmen walking the streets looked really cool in their uniforms. Maybe Ruby and I can submit our applications one day and put Mom and Dad's pictures on them. If we get accepted, won't the Academy be surprised when we show up as Plebes and they see we are really cute Cavaliers. How could they possibly not let us attend after seeing how cute we are but especially after they see how well Ruby can handle a 34 foot twin masted schooner in quartering winds. But in case they do reject us, we can always have applications waiting at West Point and the Air Force Academy, heh?

Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and is located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is an old city founded in the 17th century and has the cutest downtown. Mom and Dad and Ruby and I walked up and down the street and ate at the best Deli in town with the biggest sandwiches we have ever seen. It's also the location of the oldest State House still in use today and was even the capital of the United States at one time. And I bet you thought the US Capital has always been in Washington. I couldn't remember all the facts so I took a picture of the historical marker outside to show you. Mom and Dad like the fact that George Washington was here.

000_0009_02.jpg

I assume at this point you would like to see this historic structure, so here are a few photos Ruby and I had taken while we walked around town. Pretty building isn't it?

000_0018_01.jpg

000_0008_03.jpg

000_0007_02.jpg

000_0002_03.jpg

Well, I guess that will do for this little update. Mom and Dad are taking us to Philadelphia next weekend. I overheard them talking about some big bell there with a huge crack in it. Why you humans would keep a broken bell is beyond me, but maybe after I see it, I'll understand better. What Ruby and I are really looking forward to however, are the famous cheese steak sandwiches we keep hearing about that Philadelphia is famous for. We might have to use the dreaded Cavalier pity stare to get a bite of one. We'll post pictures as soon as we get back. Also, don't tell Ruby, but her birthday is coming up and I have a special birthday present for her which I will post for all of you to see and share. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised and I hope Ruby likes it too. I've really been working hard on it.

Last edited:
Oh made me so homesick...I actually had some tears while looking at the pictures. I moved to San Diego 30 years ago from....Annapolis!! My favorite city in the whole world (okay, haven't been to that many but it's still my favorite). I lived in Annapolis for 5 years. Dad was a teacher at the Naval Academy (mechanical engineering) and I used to "help" him teach. Okay....I was actually scoping out which midshipman was going to be my husband. They just didn't seem to be that intersted in a gawky, gangly, brace-faced 10 year old girl :lol: I get back to Annapolis every couple of years since my brother and his family are now living in the same house we lived in. Oh how I miss Annapolis...thanks for taking me back for a while. Loved the pictures!! As I looked at them through my tears. ;)

What a smart cuties!!!! You have lovely dogs!!!!

(I hope my Lia knows writing as well as Sydney and Ruby!)

I want to make a trip like this!!! :flwr: :drivecar:

Ruby was an adorable puppy and has grown into a beautiful grown-up girl!!! Sydney is beautiful as well! :flwr:

Elizabeth and tucker here. The bell with A crack is called the liberty bell. I love the pitcuers of D.C. I learned alot from them because I don't know alot about it. I'm in 1st grade. Do you go to doggy school? Have a nice time in Philadelphia.

Dear Ruby and Sidney

What a smart cavs you are !! :lol:

keep up the stories they make my day :D

Maby you could teach Andrea an Diva how to write, I can be so lazy updating news on there website. :cffee:

Happy Birthday Ruby, :hppybdy:

You turn one year old today and I am so glad that you came to live with us. I wasn’t really sure about you when you first arrived. I know I growled a little and stayed as far away as possible. You probably were wondering why I wasn’t very friendly and whether this was going to be a good place to live. I guess I was a little concerned about sharing Mom and Dad with someone. But over the next several weeks I grew to know you and over the last several months I have grown to love you. We now play together, eat together, sleep together, and without you I could never drive to the treat store. We’ve had a lot of adventures you and I. To celebrate your birthday and to show you, and everyone who reads this, how much you mean to me, Mom, and Dad, I’ve created a small gift for you. Hopefully it brings back good memories by looking back at all of our adventures together. Happy Birthday Ruby.

Love,
Sydney in Virginia :paw:

(Make sure your sound is turned up)
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...&skin_id=0&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

That was beautiful! I loved the ending picture...so cute!

Happy birthday Ruby. You are such a special little pup!

Elizabeth and Tucker here frist of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ruby what A good sister you have for doing that for you. Did you geta lot of cool presents. I bet you did becouis your so cool. I love the video. love elizabeth

:hppybdy: Ruby, sorry it's late I have been busy celebrating my son's birthday - it's the day before yours!
Hope you had a lovely day :flwr: Sydney how lovely of you to do that picture show for Sydney, you are one very clever little Cavalier :lol: :flwr: xxxx

Ruby here,

Well, my birthday has come and gone and I just wanted to thank all of you for your birthday wishes, they were so sweet and so special to me. I'm so glad you care about me and my birthday. I was as surprised as you were and so touched by Sydney's birthday gift. It was so nice to see our pictures again in a montage video and I hope you got a chance to see it too. I knew Sydney liked me but I didn't know she cared about me so much. I think I cried a little tear while I watched the montage with her. I put my paw around her neck and gave her such a hug. :hug: I have to admit I didn't know if Sydney liked me when I came home for the very first time with Mom and Dad, but it wasn't long before we were the bestest of friends. :l*v: I'll have to come up with something for Sydney on her 2nd birthday in July.

The web site Sydney used is quite popular on our Cavalier chat room. It's a little secret but I can reveal to you that Cavaliers can take some really funny pictures of our human owners and we have put them together into some really funny montages and posted on our web page. In fact, you should see some of the pictures in our Human Gallery. We Cavaliers can catch you humans in some unique and funny pictures when you aren't looking - and of course least expecting it when in the presence of your Cavalier. Of course, many of these photo's mirror the kind of photo's you take of us, like when you are curled up asleep with your significant other, when you're getting a bath . . . . uuhhh maybe I should just stop here. Since we can't exactly be sure of your reaction if you were to see them, it's just one more reason I can never give out the Cavalier web address. Trust me though, they are hilarious. :lol: and they make us Cavaliers laugh so hard every time we see them.

Oh yes, I'll post our photo's from Philadelphia soon. All I can say is yummy yummy yummy was that cheese steak gooooood in my tummy. cl*p (Yes Dad snuck me a small bit of steak while Mom wasn't looking but I'll never tell)

australia3112.jpg

Last edited:
Ruby and Sydney here,

I am so sorry. I know I promised you an update from our most recent weekend road trip and you've been patient. Mom and Dad have FINALLY left us alone so here goes baby.

Our last road trip was to Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, home of Benjamin Franklin, the Declaration of Independence, and of course the Philadelphia Eagles football team. It was just a weekend trip a couple of weeks ago and we had lots of fun and learned a lot. First stop was at Carpenter Hall. I overheard Mom and Dad saying something about the First Continental Congress and 1775. All I know was these cobblestones were really, really cold on my bum and Sydney was looking for squirrels, quite possibly flying squirrels by where she was looking. We thought it was cool, but we were ready to move on.

100_1142.jpg

We wandered up the street and stopped at Independence Hall. This is supposedly where something called the Declaration of Independence was signed and where the Constitution was drafted. Right across the street was a huge bell with a crack in it. We're not sure why you humans would keep a bell with a crack in it, but whatever floats you boat. Because there were so many important things that had happened here, we had a photo taken for our scrapbook.

000_0021-1.jpg

Mom and Dad took us around to the other side and were talking to one of the Park Rangers. We knew we had to take a few pictures for this posting to Cavalier Talk so we were looking for someone to help. The selection wasn't that good so we finally had to settle on a passing Giant Bull Mastif. I'll have to admit, he was huge and he made Sydney and I nervous. And as you are about to see, he wasn't all that good and didn't seem to be all that bright, but we couldn't be real picky. First picture, he didn't have the flash on and this was the result

100_1149.jpg

After showing him how to turn on the flash, he snapped away and we weren't even ready

100_1152.jpg

Finally, he got it right and we could finally go

100_1150.jpg

However, before we left downtown, let just say one thing, PHILADELPHIA CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH. Oh, My, Gosh. Daddy gave us a teeny tiny bite and it was so good, I think that just for the slightest instant, Sydney and I passed out from the taste. At least I assume we both passed out. Knowing Sydney and I, if one of us had not lost conciousness they would have taken a picture of the one passed out on the sidewalk just for giggles. If you're ever in Philadelphia, GET A CHEESESTEAK. You humans are so lucky, you get to eat a WHOLE sandwich.

After our taste of paradise, we headed back to our hotel room. We stayed at a really nice hotel downtown. We could tell it was nice because the Concierge brought us our own water bowl and offered a doggy bed, but Mom and Dad brought ours, so I tipped him big time - one giant liver treat. You should have seen his face when I put the treat in his hand and slammed the door. He seemed to appreciate it.

Next day we were off on some more sightseeing so we drove out to Valley Forge and man, oh man was it ever REALLY, REALLY COLD and the wind was howling and blowing like a banshee. Mom and Dad put our coats on to keep us warm which helped immensely. We don't often get a chance to wear our coats, we we had to stop and model at the Memorial Arch at Valley Forge National Park.

000_0003_03.jpg

Sydney had watched the movie "Gone With the Wind" on pay-per-view in the hotel room the night before while Mom and Dad were out eating. In honor of that event she struck her most appropriate Scarlett O'Hara pose and said, "As God as my witness, I'll never be hungry again". I laughed.
000_0004_04.jpg

Sydney kept telling me to do something funny and she would take my picture, but I was so cold and I just wanted to get back in the car.
000_0005_04.jpg

But after listening to Mom and Dad talk, this is nothing compared to what is was like during the American Revolution. Seems George Washington and all his troops spent the winter here in 1777. They say it was the coldest winter in memory when they were here. The American’s didn’t have much winter clothes and very little food. Here is an example of one of their huts. I think this cabin was a reproduction, I don't think their huts were nearly this nice.

000_0017_02.jpg

After that we drove over to the house General Washingtons used as a Headquarters. It was a lot nicer than the huts but then again he was the General. It nice to be the general. I took pictures of the inside but Sydney and I weren't in them so I didn't think you would be interested.

000_0007_03.jpg

After that it was time to get back in the car and head home to Virginia. We had a good time telling you about our most recent adventure and we can't wait to go on our next road trip. Mom and Dad haven't told us where we might be heading off to, but when we get back we'll give you a complete update.

I just love reading about your adventures. You are two well traveled Cavaliers!! I think you've seen more in your little lives than I have in all my 40 some odd years!! How lucky for you. How neat that you all get to travel together. Can't wait for your next adventure!

Dear Ruby and Sydney,

I know that spring isn't far away in Virginia, and I do hope your Mom and Dad will take you soon to Charlottesville. :drivecar: It is really beautiful there, and you can see Monticello and the University of Virginia, both built by Thomas Jefferson. I was a student at UVA many years ago, and would love to see pictures from there, with that special Ruby and Sydney perspective.

Of special interest to you will be the fact that the UVA sports teams are known as the Cavaliers! Surely your Mom and Dad will buy you t-shirts while there.

I know you can't reveal your special powers by coming right out and asking for a trip to Charlottesville, but the two of you are so clever about making each of them think something was done by the other human in the house. So perhaps you could just leave the laptop on with a picture of Monticello showing, or at the UVA website, and you'll be set.

Any help you could give on encouraging a Charlottesville trip would be greatly appreciated!

:w*w: Girls, lovely photo's as usual :flwr: Glad you both had a lovely time and I agree with Cathy T - you are far more travelled than I am :lol:

My boys love your coats and have asked where your folks bought them. I think they are hinting that they'd like some too. They have matching ones at the minute but neither of them like them very much :roll:

Back