Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Here

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the educational experiences you two get...you're a shoo-in at the University of your choice. Jake and Shelby never made it to college but like to pretend they did

Sydney - you run and you've got our votes!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy,

Thank you and we're hoping for University of Cavalier. Its the cavalier equivalent of Harvard and its pretty much all telecourses (living in a dorm might tip Mom and Dad off) but it all depends on our CSAT (Cavalier Scholastic Apptitude Test) results.

As for Jake and Shelby, their college outfits are stunning. As for going to college, its never too late, but they may already have their degrees and just haven't told you about them. Its not like we can frame our diplomas and hang them on the wall. Otherwise, I'll have them check the Cavalier College Financial Aid chat room on the cavalier web page.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney here,

Well another weekend has come and once again Ruby and I find ourselves back on the road again traveling to another historic location. Mom and Dad like to go somewhere almost every weekend so why should this long weekend be any different. Where did we go this time? Here are a few clues. It's a little more than an hour by car from our house. It's home to the oldest state legislature building in the country still in use today, and its home to the US Naval Academy. For you history buffs, that can only mean Annapolis, Maryland.

Mom and Dad took us to Annapolis there to see the sights, but I think they are really hoping we will both one day apply and be accepted to the Naval Academy. We thought all those Midshipmen walking the streets looked really cool in their uniforms. Maybe Ruby and I can submit our applications one day and put Mom and Dad's pictures on them. If we get accepted, won't the Academy be surprised when we show up as Plebes and they see we are really cute Cavaliers. How could they possibly not let us attend after seeing how cute we are but especially after they see how well Ruby can handle a 34 foot twin masted schooner in quartering winds. But in case they do reject us, we can always have applications waiting at West Point and the Air Force Academy, heh?

Annapolis is the capital of Maryland and is located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is an old city founded in the 17th century and has the cutest downtown. Mom and Dad and Ruby and I walked up and down the street and ate at the best Deli in town with the biggest sandwiches we have ever seen. It's also the location of the oldest State House still in use today and was even the capital of the United States at one time. And I bet you thought the US Capital has always been in Washington. I couldn't remember all the facts so I took a picture of the historical marker outside to show you. Mom and Dad like the fact that George Washington was here.

I assume at this point you would like to see this historic structure, so here are a few photos Ruby and I had taken while we walked around town. Pretty building isn't it?

Well, I guess that will do for this little update. Mom and Dad are taking us to Philadelphia next weekend. I overheard them talking about some big bell there with a huge crack in it. Why you humans would keep a broken bell is beyond me, but maybe after I see it, I'll understand better. What Ruby and I are really looking forward to however, are the famous cheese steak sandwiches we keep hearing about that Philadelphia is famous for. We might have to use the dreaded Cavalier pity stare to get a bite of one. We'll post pictures as soon as we get back. Also, don't tell Ruby, but her birthday is coming up and I have a special birthday present for her which I will post for all of you to see and share. I think you will all be pleasantly surprised and I hope Ruby likes it too. I've really been working hard on it.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia
    Last edited by Sydney; 23rd September 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Naval Academy is out. Found out Sydney gets sea sick very easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh made me so homesick...I actually had some tears while looking at the pictures. I moved to San Diego 30 years ago from....Annapolis!! My favorite city in the whole world (okay, haven't been to that many but it's still my favorite). I lived in Annapolis for 5 years. Dad was a teacher at the Naval Academy (mechanical engineering) and I used to "help" him teach. Okay....I was actually scoping out which midshipman was going to be my husband. They just didn't seem to be that intersted in a gawky, gangly, brace-faced 10 year old girl I get back to Annapolis every couple of years since my brother and his family are now living in the same house we lived in. Oh how I miss Annapolis...thanks for taking me back for a while. Loved the pictures!! As I looked at them through my tears.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

What a smart cuties!!!! You have lovely dogs!!!!

(I hope my Lia knows writing as well as Sydney and Ruby!)

I want to make a trip like this!!!
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby was an adorable puppy and has grown into a beautiful grown-up girl!!! Sydney is beautiful as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Elizabeth and tucker here. The bell with A crack is called the liberty bell. I love the pitcuers of D.C. I learned alot from them because I don't know alot about it. I'm in 1st grade. Do you go to doggy school? Have a nice time in Philadelphia.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Ruby and Sidney

What a smart cavs you are !!

keep up the stories they make my day

Maby you could teach Andrea an Diva how to write, I can be so lazy updating news on there website.
    Grima mommy of two wonderful cavaliers Andrea(blenheim) and Diva (ruby)

-Assa tricolor cavalier waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Ruby,

You turn one year old today and I am so glad that you came to live with us. I wasn’t really sure about you when you first arrived. I know I growled a little and stayed as far away as possible. You probably were wondering why I wasn’t very friendly and whether this was going to be a good place to live. I guess I was a little concerned about sharing Mom and Dad with someone. But over the next several weeks I grew to know you and over the last several months I have grown to love you. We now play together, eat together, sleep together, and without you I could never drive to the treat store. We’ve had a lot of adventures you and I. To celebrate your birthday and to show you, and everyone who reads this, how much you mean to me, Mom, and Dad, I’ve created a small gift for you. Hopefully it brings back good memories by looking back at all of our adventures together. Happy Birthday Ruby.

Love,
    Sydney in Virginia

(Make sure your sound is turned up)
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sydney, what a lovely birthday present for Ruby

Ruby
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)