• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

6 month old...

tanztanya

how big is a cavalier at six months?

we might be getting cookie a little playmate. someone from my mums work cant keep their 6month old blenheim and has offered her to us. apparently she looks just like cookie

I think this depends on the dog. I've met a four-year-old bitches who is no bigger than a 16 week-old puppy and at the other extreme, my Monty was bigger than a small springer at 7 months.

Why do you want to know the size ? Surely, any size is fine, provided that the dog isn't too fat or too thin and is in good health.

What lines is your dog from? Your avatar photo is very like my Teddy who's parents are Homerbrent Expression and Toraylac Felicity at Acewall.

Darby is just over 6 months and he is just over 13 lbs.

Wow what exciting news a playmate for Cookie :jump:

of course i would be happy with any size. i would love her no matter what she was like.

dad wants to call her charlie. i was just wondering out of curiousity what the average size was. i've never seen alot of puppies before

Kos was around 10lbs at 6 months, but he is a lot smaller than some of the dogs on here. He was neither too fat nor too thin though. :)

Hope it helps! :flwr:

Barbara Nixon said:
What lines is your dog from? Your avatar photo is very like my Teddy who's parents are Homerbrent Expression and Toraylac Felicity at Acewall.

we rescued cookie, but she was from manchester area originally

and PS - congratulations on getting a little friend for cookie!! I am sure you are thrilled!! I am sure cookie doesn't know what's coming though! :badgrin: LOL :)

Lucky is probably 11 lbs now at 4 months - so bigger than Kos at 6. :)

Size depends on a lot of factors so it is hard to really know how much your new little Charlie will weigh (other than asking her current mommy!)

Arthur is about 10 lbs at 5 months. But lanky as you can imagine he is almost as tall as his 18lb, 1 1/2 year brother

Here is a picture of Dudley who will be 3 in January 2007 and Darby at around 5 1/2 months.

You can see that he is still quite a bit smaller than Dudley and still has some growing to do which he is doing.

IMG_2708.jpg

Cookie is going to have a playmate and they will be best friends.

Hope this helps I looked through my pictures around 6 months and could not find any side by side. ;) ;) ;) ;)

It just depends on the dog. Cody is 3 1/2 months and is 12 lbs. Cody's mom on the other hand was only 13 lbs at 4 years old!! Wesley was about the same as Cody and ended up being 22 lbs at 2 years old. They aren't fat, just all leg at this point!

ok, thanks for the replies. The lady hasnt been at work the past three days so mum hasnt spoken to her. I'm hopefully going to meet her next week, then i will post photos.

Linda said:
Here is a picture of Dudley who will be 3 in January 2007 and Darby at around 5 1/2 months.

You can see that he is still quite a bit smaller than Dudley and still has some growing to do which he is doing.

IMG_2708.jpg

Cookie is going to have a playmate and they will be best friends.

Hope this helps I looked through my pictures around 6 months and could not find any side by side. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Linda, in this photo Dudley looks EXACTLY like Geordie! My hubster thought it was Geordie. They must be twins, separated at birth! :)

Back