• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Copy Cat

Linda

I just have to share this, it made me laugh so hard I almost piddled myself. :rotfl:

Dudley is the official patrol dog in our house, the least little critter he see's outside usually being a CAT or a SQUIRREL (No Mouses) he goes absolutely nuts. icon_nwunsure

This morning here is a little black squirrel sitting on the fence, he is gathering his food for the winter so he is making quite a lot of trips back and forth. :dgwlk: Anyway my Dudley was all snuggled in his crate, which is no where near the back window. He comes barging out of that crate ran to the window hit his head, Oops forgot to stop to have Mommy open the door, icon_blshing icon_blshing here is my poor Darby doing everything that Dudley does but has no clue what is going on.

So I first try to calm Dudley down as he really really does get very very excited over these little squirrels, the way he see's it they just are not allowed in our backyard. icon_nwunsure Darby is still going nuts as Dudley would not settle, so I just let them out. Darby followed Dudley and I swear he did ever single thing that his Big Brother did. (y)

Dudley would jump up, then instantly Darby would jump up. Dudley is still barking his head off so of course Darby has to do the same. :jmp2:

He patrolled that backyard for at least a half an hour waiting and watching for the petrified little squirrel to come back. Darby doing the exact same, of course my batteries are not charged or I would of snapped some pictures it was so funny. :snap:

Darby looks up to Dudley so much, I just had to share my morning smile with you this boy is crazy and so is the little one. b*n*n*

Wee Bugger I took them both to the park last night, yes the grass was wet but I went anyway. They were filthy, straight into the tub, and this morning they were in the dirty again. :bang:

:thnku: for listening to my story, he has now settled down.

All that excitement tired him out. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

LOL Linda,

Darby is such a funny little guy. He cracks me up, seriously.

I would have loved to see that. Dudley is funny. He kind of reminds me of Kosmo. This morning I was in the bedroom and I sat down on the bed and of course my big bum made the bed squeak as I sat down and I thought Kosmo was going to kill something!! He was running around barking like a chicken with his head cut off.. so of course I bounced a bit more.. :lol:

Next time keep your camera charged ! :snap:

Awww, little Darby wants to be just like his big brother Dudley! :D How adorable!! It surprises me how much these little dogs retain their hunting spaniel instincts. They have to protect the yard from all the critters don't they? :) Even to the point of becoming little nutballs in the process, but we love them anyway don't we? :l*v: They sure do keep us entertained.
Thanks for the morning laugh, your two guys are full of fun. :lol:

That is just tooooo cuute!! Dudley is such a strapping lad and I would love to see his reaction if he ever caught one. :yikes

Does Dudley point? Wesley is quite the little squirrel hunter too and lowers his body and lifts his front foot like a pointer. Then he creeps like a tiger.

I have a funny story similar to yours:

My cat Bacon and Wesley hunt together (not as a team, but they just happen to both be interested in the same prey...squirrels). They were both crouched down in the grass across the yard and spotted their victims. There were two little squirrels in the bird feeder and Bacon lunged for them and of course Wesley followed. Bacon, for the first time in his life ACTUALLY caught the squirrel!!! Wesley went balistic, Bacon was so scared that he caught it that he threw it up into the air!! The squirrel ran up the tree to the tippy top and the other squirrel (who was hiding out) jumped right over Wesley and Bacon's heads and ran to the back fence. Bacon, Wesley went chasing after the squirrel, Stewie my shih tzu got so mad that he wasn't invited in the fun that he went chasing after them growling and nipping their heels and Cody was running for the sake of running!! It looked like such a cartoon with all four of my critters chasing one another!!

to add faces to this story, look under "and friends" and you will see my super efficiant squirrel catching team :)

Too funny. I can just see Darby following along and doing everything his big brother does. What a goofy little boy.

:lol: :lol:
What great stories. Wish we had squirrels around our backyard for Tandie to chase, so she might leave poor Flea alone. She's still mad to chase her at every opportunity (but luckily she hasn't been given any of those in the last few days :roll: )

hi

my cav charlie goes mad if he sees a fox even if we are out on a walk and he smells one he pulls and crys and just wants to get to it,if i have them both out then charlie will start first and molly will start 5minutes later (she is a bit slow at times)i could never let them of the lead near one they will try and chase them :yikes , if molly sees a bird she will be of after it they are horrors sometimes :roll:

:lol: What entertainment these pups provide! It is funny to watch the younger ones mimic their elders! :lol:

Hope Dudley has recovered from hitting his head while on Squirrel Patrol! :lol:

Ouch!!! Poor Dudley! How is his head now??? I can tell from the story that it didn't affect him too much! Still had his job to do!
Go boys..great little security guards :D
Julie and the girls

hahaha :lol: that is so funny and cute!! it still has me laughing.. definitely a picture moment! :snap: ! they just have to keep all the critters out! ;) nice to know darby loves his big brother so much!

That story about Bacon, wesley, stewie and cody was funny too! i like these sort of conversations that make you laugh!

Oh bless them all :l*v: . Maxx loves chasing squirrels too :lol: He goes loopy in the garden but never gets near enough to them. His wuffing then starts Charlie off on a barking spree :roll: .

Linda, I hope Dudley hasn't got too much of a headache, poor baby :( You know, I've never seen a black squirrel :shock: We used to have a colony of beautiful red squirrels in the woods near where I grew up but the grey squirrel has killed them all off now and they are almost extinct :(

These stories reminded me of when we had our little cav and the time he once caught a mouse. He chased it into a corner of the bedroom, but I think the poor little thing died of fright.
He and our Jack Russell also used to chase cats and once he got so excited, he started baying.

Back