• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pink lump

molly+charlies mum

i noticed the other week that on mollys back it looked like a walt yesterday i looked again and it is a bit bigger and a pinky colour it looks like a cyst now what i would like to know is can you just leave them to see if it goes ,can they turn sore and have any of your cavs had one :?

How old is Molly? It sounds like something you might want to have checked out by the vet.

I have a friend in the UK (Newcastle) who has an older English Cocker Spaniel. She felt a lump a while ago and ended up having to have surgery to remove the lump(s) and biopsy them. There was more than one lump and they turned out to be cancer, so it is a good thing she did.

That's all I really know about lumps ... there could be benign reasons for why a lump would appear suddenly, but I am just not aware of them and only have my friend's situation to draw from. Based on that I'd have it looked at by my vet.

Good idea to get it checked out but if it is 'wobbly' and wart like then it is most likely a wart. Cavaliers seem to be prone to them and Maxx has 3 incuding one in the corner of his eye. The Vet won't remove it unless it starts to irritate his eye which is fair enough. Warts can be extremely contagious once they open and exposed as the virus is contained within the nucleii and the blood flowing through it :(

Could well be then. I'd get the Vet to check it out. Charlie has a small cyst on his back. My Vet thinks it's from where he had his first vacc as a puppy (he's a rescue) but there was nothing sinister in it :flwr:

Of course, have a vet check, but all mine have warts. Monty has two large ones, that developed with age, which get infamed, sometimes, because Joly licks them. The vet says there's no need to worry about them being nasty, though.

Back