• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Greenies

Kingofthehouse86

Ok well I'm sure every1 here heard bout the whole "Greenie Scare" a while back...So now there are a new Greenies that are supposed to be safer for dogs...well King hasn't had a Greenie in months cuz of the scare. so with the new ones out I'd give them a shot. Not only does the new ones not last quit as long (which I dont mind) but King was so excited it was like seeing an old friend u haven't seen in years... :lol: He was so excited jumping for joy and the Greenie

He was so excited jumping for joy and the Greenie
ooh thats cute!!...new greenies...thats good..ill have to go to the petshop and check it out....do they sell them with different packaging or is it with the same packet/name and they've gotten rid of the old greenies?

I ordered three cannisters that will be delivered tomorrow to my mom's. One for her, two for me!

The only thing I've found is that because the New greenies r softer they don't last as long...a greenie that usually lasted King 10-15mins only lasts 5-10mins...kinda short

on a related subject, day before yesterday, i finally received the Sams Yams i ordered for Zack from Sit and Stay .com. I'm impressed. I got the small $5 bag to find out if he likes them and if something untoward happens to his stool. I will check that later today, yesterday was fine though the stool was a little soft, but is normally so hard that the sams yams apparently just made it more normal. I fed him a couple of big ones yesterday, so if it's going to affect him, i should see that today. Just wanted to say, they last a long time, at least for Zack. They're hard. As chews go, i think they're very cool. He actually hasn't finished a big one, he chewed for a long time and then left it and went to do something else. He's finished some smaller ones, but may leave small pieces on the floor. I hope these are not dangerous, choking-wise. On the bag, it claims they don't have the dangers of rawhide. These are cooked. They also have a raw version made by an other company. If Zack's stool is OK, i'm going to order a big bag today. He totally loves them. In the box, they also sent a beef achilles tendon chew. He liked that too, finished it pretty fast, 15 minutes maybe? The big yams last longer. maybe i'll get some tendons too from them. Zack has continued to eat his regular food during this chew experiment, which had been a problem in the past.

Judy, King also loves his Sam's Yams... Has Zack ever had greenies before??? If not you may want to try one for him... they really do seem to help keep down the tartar and plaque

What a shame we can't get them in UK. I think our dogs would love them.

Maybe I'll do a trade off with my old schoolfriend. I send her British things so she can send me some Greenies :lol:

:lol: Donna, maybe you could work out a deal with Karlin - you'll foster a rescue baby if she gives you 1/2 of her new canister! :badgrin:

BTW, we found Sam's Yams at a store far from home when we were on a little trip this weekend. Our cavs love 'em. :)

I believe every dog loves Sam's Yams...the shape, flavor, who knows??? but they love 'em, and their healthy for them to boot!!! :lol:

I am going to try to make some - I have a dehydrator from when we used to dehydrate fruits and veggies for backpacking. Who knows! We might eat them as people snacks, too! :lol:

Kingofthehouse86 said:
Judy, King also loves his Sam's Yams... Has Zack ever had greenies before??? If not you may want to try one for him... they really do seem to help keep down the tartar and plaque

Hi Aaron. When i first got Zack, i got Greenies along with all the other stuff. He wasn't crazy about them, compared to Bully Sticks, that was his main thing. Then, soon after that, i heard about the Greenies tragedies, so i put them away. A couple of months later, i found a partly chewed Greenie in the living room, along with some dog vomit with something green in it. That afternoon there was a very loose stool with the color green in it. I had some dental chews too, from the vet's office, but haven't given them to him in a long time, i think i threw them away because they got old. The blurb about Sams Yams says they have dental benefits.

I don't think Zack has any tartar and plaque, yet. Is that something that comes when they get older? He always had nice breath.

Cathy Moon said:
I am going to try to make some - I have a dehydrator from when we used to dehydrate fruits and veggies for backpacking. Who knows! We might eat them as people snacks, too! :lol:

I'm happy with them, they smell good enough to eat in a natural disaster.

Tonight at the health foods market, i got some dried pear and dried banana that i've never gotten before. I get dried blueberries all the time. I was wondering, is that kind of thing OK for dogs? Once in a while i give Zack one or two little blueberries, he loves them but i have been unsure about whether they were really dog friendly. The pears taste great, just a mild sweetness and very chewy, with the peel and everything. The banana is sweeter, good stuff. both of them don't have any preservatives added, the ingredients just say pear, and banana, no sulfur, i guess. The bananas, pears and blueberries are not hard like the sams yams are. They're soft chewy but not so soft that they're easy to chew. They give you something to gnaw on for a minute.

That sounds great to have a dehydrator. Let us know how your dried yams come out..

Mom's cavalier Lucy says she loves the new Greenies too! :) Our cannisters arrived today so she got to test the first one. Mine will have to wait til I get back to Dublin to try theirs.

Back