• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bertie update

alibunnylady

Been to the vets today and I was quite right to be worried. Turns out he does have kennel cough. His throat is very sensitive, wheezy chest and his temperature is 103.

The vet gave him an antibiotic injection there and he starts tablet antibiotics tomorrow, twice a day for five days and we have to go back then for a check up to see how he is.

Meanwhile, if he gets any worse, I have to take him straight back in.

Hopefully because I have caught it early, he will get over it fairly quickly.

Last night I was climbing the walls with worry, my instincts told me his sneezing wasn't normal. I am glad it's kennel cough and not an allergy though, sounds strange that I know but at least this can be got rid of.

Alison

Oh bless him, poor little chap.

Best to get on top of something like this quickly...I'm sure he will be much better soon with the antibiotics.

Poor Bertie, hope he feels better soon - so glad you went with your instincts and took him to the vets. :flwr:

Glad you didn't wait with him. Caught early it shouldn't become a problem. Jake had kc once and it was kicked with antibiotics.

Good thing it was caught early! im sure the antibiotics will make him better...poor bertie! :(

Thanks for all the good wishes. Bertie is doing ok as far as I can tell, still sneezy and the occasional cough but nothing major. It' s only his first day of antibiotics today so will probably take a few days to really notice any difference.

Took him for a walk today with his coat on, been raining all day here but I felt he needed some excercise. I kept him well away from other dogs, fortunately due to the weather we only actually saw two anyway.

He's playing right now, nothing wrong with him in that sense, he's as lively as you would expect any puppy to be! lol!

Alison

Back