• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UPDATED: Lucky's is a Graduate :-)

Lani

Lucky started puppy kindergarten today. cl*p

He had a great time. We started with clicker training and the "Watch Me" command. We have a week off to practice because the trainer is out of town next week.

I was really happy it was all positive reinforcement training and she has no problems with training in the Puppia. :)

The hardest part at the training (in Petsmart) was getting him to focus ... the training ring is right next to the treats (he loves treats) and he seems to have fallen in love with an 18 week old Great Dane who is an absolute doll but about 10 times his size!!! :yikes

How fun!! I'd love to see that Great Dane puppy. They are the coolest dogs...next to Cavaliers of course. Glad you're enjoying the training. We start tomorrow (yes my gusy are 4 and 3 but Shelby never had formal training and I'm hoping I can still teach an old dog some new tricks!)

thats great that he had an excellent time! lol..fallen in love with a great dane..hmm that could pose as a problem ;) :lol:

Puppy class is just so adorable. They are so eager and cute! Lucky can't help noticing those treats, he is a Cavalier. ;) It's good to start with the "Watch me" command, i still use it now with my 10 month old boy. And how cute that Lucky found a love interest! :l*v: , Riley fell in love with a female French bulldog pup during class, they were so cute together during playtime. :
This is such a great time, have fun in class with Lucky!!

LOL @ the Great Dane. Kosmo has a girlfriend down the street (she's full grown mind you) that's he thinks is his girlfriend. He jumps up on her face so she can "sniff" him and he has to hop onto her back leg to sniff her.. it's the funniest looking thing, LOL.

Kosmo's love in puppy class was a little shi-poo boy named Max.. :yikes :yikes LOL. I don't know what it was with that dog but one week the dog humped him and then every time he seen him after that, it's like he was obsessed with humping him back. Too bad his mean mommy wouldn't let him.. :roll:

The Watch me command is great. I still use it all the time. When kos was small I used to put a treat between my eyes and point at it to say "watch me".. LOL needless to say we learned that command pretty darn quick, hehe. ;)

I am glad Lucky is having fun @ class. :) It's also good to keep the harness on them.. I don't know if you read a few weeks ago but Kosmo got squished by a BIG dog in class (the first time he was off leash) and then I kept the leash and the dog tried squishing him again.. Thank GOD I had the leash because it was easy to hoist him up to my arms and to safety. The dog just wanted to maul him. :?

Lucky is such a cutie ! :) What a little heart-breaker.. ;) hehe

I did the puppy training at Petsmart also. I liked it, but Brady was too sick to go half of the time so I missed a lot of the classes. But I did like the clicker and the treats training. Brady seemed to like it, and if fell in love with a Cocker girl as well as the Black Lab. My class only had about 5 people in it and that was good. Small class size is a good thing. Everyone seemed to get along. Only problem with having it at Petsmart is that I can't walk out of the stor without buying something. Brady has so many treats and toys!

:lol: Wow, all these kindergarten friendships! Geordie used to have a little girlfriend - a Pug named Isabella - who loved to lick his mouth! :lol:

Have fun Lucky! :)

The Great Dane was so cute - when Lucky would come up to her she'd lay on her back ... her mom thought it was so she could be smaller. :)

She is such a gorgeous dog, but WOW - she's like the size of a full grown Lab already and just an 18 week old puppy!!! But such a gentle disposition.

Sara - I did read about your training adventures which had me particularly concerned about the methods that we'd have in Lucky's class. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I was really happy that it is 100% positive reinforcement and not only is a harness okay, they have specifically forbid using choke chains and the like. :)

Cathy - I'll see if I can get some pics of that Great Dane puppy during our next Class (that's not until the 3rd because we have a week off). I can't wait to hear how your guys' training went!!

Lauren ... I know what you mean about the dangers of having class at Petsmart ... it's so hard to leave without buying something!!

Isn't puppy kindergarten fun? I'm glad Lucky is enjoying it! I really had a blast with Willow, watching the interaction with other dogs - you wonder what goes through their mind....She was all over the boxer puppy that was three times her size, but then there was a cocker spaniel that she was soooo submissive too, even though we didn't see the cocker do anything to provoke that behaviour. Interesting!

Updated! Lucky is a Graduate!!!

:updte: Lucky graduated from Puppy classes today.

:mexwav: Yippee!! :mexwav:

Here's a picture of his diploma:

LuckyDiploma.jpg

And him with the trainer:

luckyPat.jpg

He actually struggled a bit with down and sit today (!!!). Normally he's a machine, but Razz was having his class in the ring next to us and Lucky was actually whining and crying and wanting to play with RAzz. He's never done that before - normally he's so attentive with his training.

He graduated nonetheless and REALLY redeemed himself with the test on "Leave It" and "Come" - he was by far the best in his class on both of those commands, and I think the only dog to get them both on the very first try!! He ran to me on "come" likety split!

What a good little graduate!! :lotsaluv:

Congrats Lucky!!! You sure are a cutie and looking pretty proud of yourself in that picture!

Great Job. :rah: Maggie graduated from Kindergarten at Petco and will be starting Middle School at the end of January. I can't wait. She was a good student but still needs work with COME - Only when she is in the mood. :lpy: I would also love for her to learn some new tricks.

Back