• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Monkey Love

rhiaaswan

Hi. I'd just like to tell you about a new behaviour Henry is doing. Until now he has always either chewed, tugged, chased or 'killed' his toys. However, recently I left my nieces small, cuddly monkey toy on the sofa after I read her a story about a monkey who has lost his Mummy. Henry had seen it before but while I was reading the story, Henry was sniffing the monkey which my niece was holding. Later that day I saw him picking up the monkey and putting it in his bed on the sofa. He didn't play with it, just put it there. Then over the next few days he kept getting the toy and placing it in his bed or in his crate. If I moved it he would come and get it again and put it next to him. He carries it around and places it carefully in a certain place before he settles. I tried picking it up and shaking it around. Usually he would grab it and tug play or chase it but he just opened his mouth until I stopped shaking it and carefully took it. This has been going on for two weeks. Any ideas or similar experiences? 8)

I'd say that's one sensitive boy who taken a special interest in that little monkey. I think it's sweet.

That is too cute! :lol: Spencer has a stuffed kitten that he cuddles with. Izzy just cuddles with the real cat!

Awwwwwwwwwww bless him :flwr: Maxx takes his 'baby' with him and lays on it. He gets really huffy with Charlie if he dares to touch it too :lol:

Yeah, they have the sweetest natures and do the sweetest things - no other dogs in the World like Cavaliers :lotsaluv:

He probably knows it's your niece's toy and knows not to destroy it...or like most dogs they have their special "baby" that they take care of...

King has a froggie toy that's his "baby" I wish I could get a pic of him with it, but everytime I do he moves...Guess he doesn't want to have a pic taken with his "baby" :lol:

My Ruby had a favorite toy , she just loved Elmo . He came everywhere , for walks , out in the Car and cuddled up every night . He was cared for and lasted 5 years . Heidi and Nifa just rip everything to shreds , Ruby would be horified at what they did to her toy basket . She knew all their names and would bring them when we asked her for them by name , a feat considering she had more than 30 beanie babies . The only toy the girls like is a ball .
They all have their own little characters just like people .
mimi

Jake had his pup pup. Carried that little doggie with him everywhere. When he came out of his crate in the a.m. he would immediately pull out pup pup with him. Wouldn't settle down in his crate at night until I put pup pup in with them. Then Shelby came along and decided she really liked pup pup. I sewed him up many many times and this is what we were left with :lol: :lol: before I retired to pup pup to the memory box:

HPIM0693.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh my gosh! That is pitiful!!! Poor pup pup!

Oh Shelby, you Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd girl :lol:

Poor Jake :hug: and poor pup pup :hug:

Cathy, that toy looks like some of Maxx's do after Charlie has been in the toy box :lol:

My shih tzu, Stewie, has a very similiar quirk. He has this stuffed toy named "Tutter" that he literally NURSES on. He will lay down with his Tutter and suck just put his mouth on it and suck. It is so pathetic and sweet and cute because he wimpers every now and then. Wesley, my tri, sees how special Tutter is and of course likes to torture Stewie by stealing it and jumping way up high so Stewie can't get it. It is so mean!!

This is Wesley stealing Tutter away from a nursing session. Poor Stewie!!

Animals009.jpg

Humph. Look who put it on the couch where short little Stewie can't jump!

Animals011.jpg

I will post a picture of Stewie nursing later. It is just to funny!!

Back