• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

wee problem

molly+charlies mum

i dont know if anyone else has this problem but everytime charlie wee`s he does it over his chest and legs this is everyday so now his fur is a yellow colour and smells i try and clean him but then he has another wee and its wet again i carnt bath him everyday as i know its not good for his skin i had the vet look at him and he carnt see a problem with his privates he just said he is lasy at lifting his leg, is there anything i can use to get rid of the colour and smell he carnt sit on our laps because of it bless him any suggestions ? icon_nwunsure

This seems to be a frequent problem with boy cavaliers. Some of the girls have problems with dipping thier rear skirts , when squating, too. Izzy was terrible ( I used to wipe his legs with kitchen roll soaked in water). This was because , when he cocked his leg, he was too busy looking round, so ended up facing the 'stream'. He did eeventually grow out of it.

Joly had a short spate of weeing on his tum, but this was short lived. Teddy has never messed himself and Momty, who still occasionally wets his long belly hair, is good enough to clean himself.

I know that they make doggie "wet wipes" that are available at pet stores. I think they are disinfecting so perhaps they will get rid of some of the color and smell. I keep them on hand for when we are on the go and the pups get into something. :yuk: May be worth a shot! 8)

Hi Christine,
You might want to see if trimming his tummy hair will help - I'd have a groomer look at him.

Also, if you have Charlie neutered, his urine odor will not smell so strong.

Neutering has additional benefits like fewer prostate problems and he will be less likely to display agression toward other dogs (if he is doing it now.)

Our Duffy used to drop his leg at the end of the wee and would drench his front leg. We used baby wipes on him every time he came back into the house and stuck him in the sink every other day...not a full bath; just washed the leg. we had our groomer do a sanitary clip which helped. When he was neutered, he started to squat and no more problem with the wee!

Both of mine get yellow bellies but I keep the fur trimmed quite short. I also use Tesco's 'Look I am wiping my bottom' wipes from the baby section to wipe them down every night. Keeps them smelling fresh and clean (and apple-y :lol: ).

Back