Thread: Dog Auction Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Auction Site

This is a sad site I found on the web. Many auctions and many with Cavaliers.

(edited by Karlin to remove name)
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Mic Guest

I've reported this site to Lucky Star and other rescues. I also send LS an itemized list of each cavalier listed at each auction run by this company.

(edited by Karlin to remove specifics)

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Breaks your heart. One auction lists 'King Charles Cavalier 28 FEMALES 18 MALES' I dread to think of the conditions these poor babies have been kept in

I hope Lucky Star or HUA can step in and help some of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Folks please read and reread the Getting Started section especially the section on libel so that you are aware of what is allowable in posts on this site.

You will note that it is never acceptable to post links to breeder sites or mention any site, place, person or in any other way, specific reference in which you make any sort of critical comment or implication.

This can carry serious consequences, legal and finacial, for not just ME but also YOU as you can be sued *internationally* for libel and defamation.

Also it is not helpful to rescue to name regions where numerous dogs have been bought at auction or are intended to be bought, on a public board. I have some 10,000 visits monthly to this site and only a small portion of those are from registered members. In addition I have no way of knowing the background of every one of our 800 members! Anyone can read this site or join it and that includes puppy millers/farmers and the people running these auctions who will find it very useful to know that rescues are buying large quantities of dogs at their local auctions. This will only serve to boost prices and alert the millers.

If people are interested in getting involved in this aspect of rescue, please take all discussions offline and/or approach the groups directly that are doing this type of work. It is extremely important for the success of such rescue work that these things not be discussed in an open way.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com