• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What people food do you feed your pooch

laurenlyn1

I just wanted to see what people food snacks (healthy of course :D ) everyone's cav likes to eat. Personally, I shred some boiled chicken up and give it to Brady with his meals. Sometimes he'll get some apple peices. Funny thing about the apples, if I put it with his food, he'll just save them for later and eat them when he pleases. It's pretty funny. And not very often when I have steak for dinner at home Brady will get a small peice when I'm all done eatting. I used to fill a kong with PB, but I haven't done that in a while.

um i also give my two some shredded boiled chicken with rice & occasionally i give them pieces of apples...they also seem to have taken to small pieces of carrot. I sometimes as treats give them (very tiny thin) pieces of cheese..on the rare occasion i give them each a small piece if roast lamb..sometimes a i let them lick up raw egg i put in a bowl (they love that and somebody told me it was good for them)..i think that is basically it.....but im just saying its what i do..i am no expert health wise if its good, but i have had no problems...please somebody correct me if i am wrong in giving them these things occasionally!!!

Our dog goes nuts for eggs. He gets some egg at least once a week. He occasionally gets cheese for being particularly well-behaved. Peanut butter occasionally, but I usually use Pill Pockets now. He also gets special meals for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter. He gets whatever meat is available mixed with some veggies and a little bit of starch.

Wow, it seems as if I spoil Kosmo rotten! :yikes

Kos gets a ton of people food.. well not a ton, but he does get a bit every time we have some providing it's "pooch approved."

Yesterday and the day before he got about a wheat thin sized piece of pork chop (fat removed) all cut up in little pieces and put with his regular kibble..

The day before he got about a tablespoon of ground beef w/a cut up carrot in his kibble... the day before he got a few pieces of cheese and fat free turkey for playing dead for me.. lol he's a spoiled boy.

Usually I will give him at least a bite of what I am eating in his bowl when I am finished.. Mostly he gets meat though.. Sometimes he gets carrots, green pepper, lettuce (lol), and yesterday he also ate a slice of bananna.

I don't mind giving people food as long as it's not too bad. What a dreadful life to have to eat the same exact thing every single day!

Our cav loved ice-cream. We used to let him lick out ice-cream bowls after we had finished and when we went for long walks around a dam close to us, we would stop halfway for a "breather" buy him an ice-cream and then continue. Our Jack Russell wasn't interested.

I always save my yoghurt pot for Marlon, he eats that whilst we eat our dinner.
Also I feed him small parts of cooked carrotts (he wont eat them raw) when we have them.
But every night he gets some cooked chicken in his bowl just a small amount, he notices when its not in there are refuses to eat without it !
Little terror !! :D

Holly likes licking round yoghurt pots and especially Cadbury's chocolate trifle. By the time she gets the pot, there's virtually nothing in it, and she enjoys it, so why not? She's also stopped pestering me for chocolate since she knows I'll give her the wrapper to lick when I'm done. In fact, sometimes she'll beg for the wrapper and happily lick that while I'm eating the good stuff :shock: :shock:

She's not allowed ice cream- last time she had it she was sick. I'm also wary of giving her big bits of turkey or other meat and poultry since it gives her the runs, and sweetcorn is an absolute no-no - I don't think she can digest it. Oh, and Holly adores fig rolls. They claim to be a good source of fibre, and I've never noticed anything nasty happening after she eats them so--. Corret me if I'm wrong!

Toby loves green beans, he will also eat runner beans too (raw). Sometimes he will sneak into the warehouse at work and pull a green bean one at a time out of the boxs. He adores them.

He will also have my empty yoghurt pot too.

I know Archie's favorite treat is a frozen chip!! Not sure if they are good or bad?

Raw eggs are okay? And ice cream? I suppose it's worth a try... just hope that it's truly safe on cavaliers. Oh yeah, what about milk straight from the carton? Has anyone given their dog that on a daily basis? :?

Raw eggs are okay? And ice cream? I suppose it's worth a try... just hope that it's truly safe on cavaliers. Oh yeah, what about milk straight from the carton? Has anyone given their dog that on a daily basis?

actually i think raw eggs are healthy for dogs if given like once a week!! and apparently the shell is not bad for them either!! i about once wevery two weeks give my two a raw eg with the shell crushed..they love it!!

im not sure about the other two but i think that you are meant to dilute the milk with water before giving them it,,i dont think lots of straight milk is good...but im no expert but im pretty sure thats what ive heard!

Canned Pure Pumpkin. I give the adult dogs a heaping tablespoon with their nightly dry dog food. They love it and it is high in fiber and low in calories.

I use raw Baby Carrots for treats.

Ours LOVE frozen green beans right out of the freezer! And of course the ultimate calorie-free treat, ice cubes. It's always amazed me how much they like ice cubes.

Okay, so no milk. Frozen green beans, canned pumpkin, raw eggs and, obviously, ice are all perfectly fine? I sure hope so, as I plan on trying those out today. Thanks guys! :D :D :D

He will do anything for cheese, sometimes I think he is a big mouse. In his last household he was fond of take away food and his favourite was kebabs. He also mugged the kids for digestive biscuits, and anything else they were walking around with. We receive his full attention when Rach has made homemade biscuits, when he attempts to hypnotise us.
We have given him carrots and stuff. He is very interested in playing with them but doesn't actually eat them.

Back