• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sophie is in hospital again

Forest

My poor Sophie is in hospital again. She has had a little vomiting and mucousy (Sp?) blood in her stool a temperature and showing signs of dehydration. Six weeks ago she was in hospital for 3 days on a drip for something similar. :( They want to put her on IV fluids and antibiotics overnight so that she gets better more quickly this time. My poor baby was not happy :( I have to ring in the morning to see how she is and hopefully she will be home tomorrow afternoon. When I got home from the vet's office Lottie was looking everywhere for her even in my pocket!!!
Julie and the girls

Julie

I am so so sorry to hear that Sophie is not doing well again, do they have any idea at all what is wrong. :cry*ing:
Keep your chin up and give Lottie tons of hugs and kisses, I will keep you all in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. :xfngr:

Was she drinking lots of water, I know when Dudley was sick a while back I had to give him water with one of those baby medication syringes as he would not drink either :hug:

Please keep us posted on how she is doing, and find comfort in knowing we are thinking of you.

Luv
Linda & The Boys :hug: :l*v:

:xfngr: Hoping Sophie will be better soon. Poor little baby girl. Sending good vibes your way for a positive outcome. :flwr:

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope she's feeling better quickly! did they ever fiigure out what it was last time?? I wonder what could be causing it to come back again... ??? :(

Oh Julie,

Poor Sophie and poor Lottie too, wondering where her sister is :(

Big hugs to you all :hug: and hope Sophie soon recovers xxxxx

poor Sophie--having to stay away from home. I hope she can come home tomorrow and will be much better. i can imagine how you and Lottie must feel with her missing in action. good luck...

Oh Julie, hugs to you, Sophie and Lottie. :hug:
I hope Sophie feels better soon, and hope the vet can determine the cause quickly. :flwr:

sorry to hear sophie is not doing too well. ;( I am wondering if the two hospital visits are connected? *big hugz* from Kosmo and I - we're hoping for a swift and good return - this time no repeats@!!

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and concern. When I rang back this morning she still wasn't eating and also had some diarrhea overnight so I had to ring back this afternoon. Fortunately things were looking brighter by then and she had eaten and there was no more vomiting. Was she ever a happy little girl when she came trotting out of the doctor's this sfternoon!!! They have given her antibiotics to come home with and a special diet- presciption diet canine i/d for a couple of days. The vets still think that it is probably something she has eaten in the garden and she just has a sensitive tummy. It could be a bit of a dead bird or something like that and we did see a dead baby bird in the backyard so...?
It is so good to have her back home and looking cheerful again. :D Lottie is pleased too
Julie and the girls :)

:flwr: Julie, I'm so pleased Sophie is OK. They are such scavvies sometimes :roll: Maxx's favourite food at the minute is toadstools :yuk: I'm out the garden going through the lawn pulling them up every morning before he eats them as they make him sick :(

Hubby says he's turning into a hippy in his old age & that he's going to get him a multi coloured collar with peace written all over it :roll: :lol:

So glad to hear Sophie is on the mend. It is heartbreaking when our little one are under the weather.

LOL @ Donna, that's so funny.. MMMM toadstool stew... :p

Julie,

So glad to hear that sophie is feeling better!! I am glad it was just some sort of an upset stomach or something very minor. :) I am happy for Lottie to have her friend back too. :) *hugZ* from us again! :)

Glad to hear she's doing better. When my guys get an off tummy I give them canned i/d as well. It's the only thing they can eat and keep in.

Glad to hear Sophie is on the mend.
You can admire pictures of her gorgeous girls in the photo gallery. :D :D :D :D :D

:( :( :( Poor Sophie still not 100%. They say she just has a sensitive tummy. She is not eating very well or drinking much and constantly wants to go and eat grass. I rang the vet this morning and they said that it might be the effects of the antibiotics but she wasn't improving and wouldn't eat dinner or even eat the Nutripet, which seems to be quite tasty by the smell of it ( I haven't tried it :D ) so I rang the vet again and they said to come in and get some electrolyte mixture to make sure she was drinking. Fortunately, she now seems a little better and actually had some of the i/d when I hand fed her. Oh dear it can be such a worry. We just love our babies don't we :)
Julie and the girls

Back