Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How could you?

Post Thanks / Like

I heard of this one before and still could not understand how anyone would do this I cry and worry my self sick when my dogs go to the vets ----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

omg! omg ! sniff sniff sniff!!! and i had soo much to do on my computer, now i cant do anything through the tears.
    my mummy lurrrrves me!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This totally had me crying at work! Note to self: don't read poems on this board while at work!!!

It is really sad to know that people out there treat their dogs as a matter of convience instead of one of the family. I can't even imagine doing this.

Krista
    ======================
    Krista & Willow

Post Thanks / Like

I've read this before and was sobbing, now I can't even bring myself to read it cos it upsets me so much. You can really imagine the dog feeling those feelings and wondering what the hell it did wrong.

Alison

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a kleenex warning . I have tears flowing down my cheeks as I am writing this . Going to cuddle my 2 girls now .
    Mimi
    Mum to Heidi ( Tri-female ) Nifa (Blenheim female ) & Rua ( Ruby male )
    & Cavalier Angel Ruby ( Blenheim female ) at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, if that doesn't bring the tears you'd better check your pulse.

Thanks so much, I know just who to forward this to. We know a couple who we've been friends with for years. They have two adult black Labs they've had since puppies but are now considering giving them up for adoption because they want to move into a Condominium that doesn't permit dogs.

We were shocked and appalled when we learned of their intention and argued against their point that the dogs were well cared for and shouldn't be a problem finding a new home. Our point was of course that it's not the physical health of the animal that's critical here, rather it's the emotional damage done to the heart and the soul. It's our (my wife's and mine) opinion that once you damage the spirit, the deterioration of the physical health will follow.

If you can raise them, then look into their eyes later and have no problem walking away, you were never a dog person to begin with IMHO.
    Doggydad to Charley (Blen), Megan (Ruby), Mocha (Pekinese-Shih Tzu mix), Abby (Heinz 57 mix), Hobie (Poodle mix), Bessie (Min-Poodle) Butch (mix) and Snickers at The Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear that was toooo sad I couldn't finish reading it once I knew what was happening. I was hoping for the happy ending. That one definitely should have come with a warning.
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydad
    If you can raise them, then look into their eyes later and have no problem walking away, you were never a dog person to begin with IMHO.
    DoggyDad,

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. It fair broke my heart when I had to let my last foster girl go. I'd rather live in a tent with my dogs than give them up to anyone.

Hubby and I always used to joke that in the event we should divorce we'd fight over who had the kids - each making the other take them but we'd both want to keep the dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydad
    So, so true... It was one of the most diffucult things I have done in my life to say good-bye to Bono and Nóra
    I cryed, not just tears, but I was sobbing in the car on the way to the airport for an hour! I cryed more when I left my furry babies than my grandparents! But how could I not? The way they looked at me, theire eyes saying: "What? Are you going in the car? And I'm not coming with you!?" Oh, that just broke my heart
    -Jenný, Ronja, Bono and Nóra

"If you want your dreams to come true, you have to wake up"

Post Thanks / Like

Bet you can't wait to see thema gain Jenny? Won't be long now