• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scared about Doggie Daycare!

KingstonsMom

Hi there! So I'm thinking about putting Kingston in Doggie Daycare. I researched all the daycares in my area and picked one I liked. It's run by a husband & wife who also live on the premises. The big dogs are always separated from the smaller dogs. The special thing about this place is that it's an all day off-leash daycare. I could request for Kingston to have quiet time in his own kennel, but otherwise he will be outside playing all day. The dogs also have access to an indoor cemented building from the outside play area. They also require ALL vaccinations. Will someone look at the website and tell me what they think? http://www.pawderosaranch.com

I'm just so worried about leaving him somewhere, but I know it would be best for him on days when no one can be home. The one thing that bothers me is having to initial documents saying the daycare is not responsible if Kingston gets sick, hurt, or escapes. Is this standard?

Daycare is very rare over here, but I would imagine certain events must be covered by the company's insurance. getting sick, unless mixed with a known tio be sick dog would not be their fault , as would breaking a leg while running. However, they would be at fault if they left broken glass lying about or left him with an unsafe toy.

I'm not sure about escaping. Our small vet opractice was taken over by a multi-sited one, some months ago, and there was an item in the evening paper reporting that they had lost a dogwho escaped while they were transfering him to their van, in order to take him to their overnight facility. In this case , I would say they were responsible, as they hadn't put him on a lead. I don't know whether the dog was found again.

Kingston's Mom - I went to the website and on the FAQ page http://www.pawderosaranch.com/Pawderosa Ranch/FAQs.html it says that if your dog gets sick they will contact you and will even drive him to the vet for you. Their website information looks good. I like what they said.

I have used 3 different doggy day cares in the last 3 years and they were all wonderful. If you have already toured the facility and it looks up to your standards, I would recommend that you try Kingston for one day and see how it goes. If the day care is good, they will not mind you calling a few times during the day and checking up on how Kingston is doing.

Here is another thread on this website where we have been discussing doggy day care: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4362

Hi,
I went to the website and the facility seems to be a good one. It seems similar to the types of doggie daycare facilities we have in my area. (I just wish i could get the same care for the prices you have, everything is so expensive where i live!)
I think if you have any questions about their policies you should ask the owners. If they can't give you peace of mind about Kingston staying there, don't do it. If you feel good about their answers and the facility, give it a trial run for a few hours and use the on site camera to watch your little guy and see how he does.
I've used similar daycare facilities with no problems and i would do it again. Riley loved the attention and playmates and came home quite tired and happy. So that's my 2 cents about the matter. :)

Wow, that looks great! I love that the dogs have access to outdoor areas as well as quiet areas. They sound wonderful. I used to use petsmart for doggie day care but they had no outdoor facilities and expected the dogs to potty wherever and they would clean up after them. I didn't like that at all and stopped going.

Thanks for the reassurance everyone!

Cathy, I couldn't agree more about Petsmart doggie daycare. It's definitely not worth the money and I'd personally rather leave Kingston at home then send him there. They don't separate the big dogs from the small dogs and the room is so tiny. Not to mention, they let them pee/poop in there and then just hose the floor down. I bet they don't see too many Cavaliers in there! Our standards are way too high! :rotfl:

KingstonsMom said:
I bet they don't see too many Cavaliers in there! Our standards are way too high! :rotfl:

Oh you got that right!! :D Now that I have had my two for a while no way in he** would I take them back there. I took Jake a few times when he was little and just after we got Shelby. Now I look back and think...jeez...what was I thinking :sl*p: Poor little Shelby would hold her bladder and the minute we hit the parking lot would flood. The 2nd time she did that I thought "no more"!!!!

I think it looks great too and love that you'll have access to the "Ranch Cam" so you can watch him online from work or wherever during the hours the cam is on. :) The doggie day care near me has that and I think it is such a nice feature - a good sense of security seeing him during that time and knowing he's happy and being well taken care of.

There's a problem with the site and everything keeps disappearing from the page :(

I think Doggie Daycare is a wonderful idea though. It's something I'd never heard of until I came on here!

Back