• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

warning UK dog owners

matties mum

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:29 pm Post subject: Serious message for all dog owners, please read

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m crossposting this, *please* do the same on any relevent forums you know of with UK readers.
------------------------------------

Some of you may have seen the thread by Wiccaweys about the evil senseless killing of four dogs owned by one devastated family,

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=46320

I am sickened to have to pass on that another family have been attacked in the same way, also with a concoction of poisons, killing their three beloved dogs which also lost their fights for life last night.

This second attack occured in Bradford, West Yorks, with the same method of poisoned food throw over the garden fence.

Please everyone, particularly in that area, check your gardens for food items which could have been thrown in to your garden *before* you let your dogs out, check every single time, and please please don`t leave them outside unnattended at *all*,
It only takes seconds for a dog to eat something suspicious and signs of poisioning often do not start appearing for several hours when its too late.

This post may be seen as paranoid scaremongering to anyone not in the areas involved but this could happen *anywhere*, tomorrow, the next day, whenever, once word gets around the sick elements who do this sort of thing, particularly when they tell others whatever the cocktail is to use to ensure that dogs die.

If dogs being stolen from gardens is not enough, now its this type of subhuman behaviour as well to have to worry about.
Look after your dogs extra carefully in gardens, leave nothing to chance, and tell your friends and families to do the same.

Please crosspost the known and confirmed area of Bradford to warn as many as possible in and around there to be extra vigilant.

Thank you for reading.

I know this is in Yorkshire but it could be any were----Aileen
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the warning. Thankfully I'm boxed in by three neighbours from each side of my back garden fence.

I clicked on the link and it took me to a page which said i didn't have access to the page. I then registered for the site (dogsey) and my registration was confirmed. But when i clicked on the link, i still get a message telling me i dont have privileges to see the page. I tried logging out and logging back in but it didn't help. So i can't read the story of the poisoned dogs.

But that is just as horrifying without reading the upsetting details. The warning is valid. I was just watching the news and there are stories about people setting other peoples' houses on fire and parents pulling a gun on the referree of a peewee football game for 6 year old children. There are some angry crazed people out there who feel entitled to hurt others just because they feel like it.

My yard is bordered on each side by neighbors so I have some sense of security, but it's important to keep aware and alert, and especially to protect little ones who depend on us to keep them safe. I'm so sorry for the people and dogs who were victims of this cruelty.

how awful.!! I can't imagine this happening to me!!

My neighbor a few houses down has a golden retriever and apparently she used to live in a townhouse complex. She said there was some construction outside her house and she had a neighbor who had a dog who was constantly barking at the construction workers.

One day she came home to find that Rainy had eaten a hair clip when she was gone. SHe said she couldn't find the spring for the clip, so to be on the safe side, she took her into the vet's. It's a good thing because when the vet did an x-ray on her little rainy she saw she had a few razor blades in her stomach!! The vet immediately did surgery on rainy and said that it appeared that somebody had thrown razor blades into a pile of raw beef which my neighbor was assuming to "shut the dog up" only they got the wrong dog!! :yikes :yikes Thank God she took her in but she would have never known until it was too late had she not taken her in for the hair clip thing - talk about a weird coincidence!!

People can be so cruel. :(

They have a show here in the US on our Animal Planet chanel called Emergancy Vets and there was a segment one time that this couple had found a bag of dog food that was tossed over there fence that was soaked in antifreeze. They were lucky that the noticed it and took their dog to the vet and they did all the things that they would do if a dog had eaten anitfreeze. They had later run tests and found that the dog hadn't eaten any of it. They were really lucky, but that just breaks my heard that someone do that to a innocent being like that.

Sick, sick people. It's beyond comprehension how anyone could poison a dog. When I was a child we had a beautiful Boxer called Zena, she was completely soppy and would never hurt anyone. Someone threw poisoned meat over our fence and killed her. I still can't understand why as she rarely barked and was such a lovely girl :(

That just doesn't make sense to me? What on earth kind of satisfaction can they possibly get from poisoning a dog??? Tandie is never outside unattended but stories you hear around Hallowe'en are just sickening. :(

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Sick, sick people. It's beyond comprehension how anyone could poison a dog. When I was a child we had a beautiful Boxer called Zena, she was completely soppy and would never hurt anyone. Someone threw poisoned meat over our fence and killed her. I still can't understand why as she rarely barked and was such a lovely girl :(

:( that sounds very traumatic. there are some really sick horrible people out there. sorry to hear about that, that it happened to your sweet dog, and to you.

Back