• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eye staining

GILLROSE

Does anyone have any experience using a teaspoon of Dried Buttermilk on the food for those brownish red eye stains?

I have never heard of it, but I have heard of some people using Apple Cider Vinegar.
Just dap a Q-Tip in the Vinegar and be very careful not to get it in the eyes, I have bought it but haven't used it yet.
But it is suppossed to clear up staining within a few weeks.

Here is the finders words:

For those who haven't tried it yet, just dip a q-tip into it (full strength regular apple cidar vinegar - no dilution) and rub it into the staining.... try to avoid getting it into the eye. Apply once a day for a week, and the staining will disappear! WHAT A FIND!!!

Did you know that Apple Cider vinegar is also great as an anti inflamatory.
Just put half a teaspoon in their food once a day. My friend swears by it. She uses it on her Great Dane and on her horses. She says it works a treat. She says that she doesnt need to use any medication for her old horse anymore. Of course she got the vet out to make sure he is alright and even the vet was amazed.

Back