Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme backscratching??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extreme backscratching??

Tandie really likes to rub her back along the middle rung of the chairs. She'll stand under the chair lunging back and forth and groaning for a good 5 mins at a time. She's not doing it ALL the time, but at least 2 or 3 times a day. In the morning she loves to roll on her back on the carpet, and sometimes she wipes her mouth back and forth on the carpet.

My question is, is this just normal adult doggie behaviour or might there be something else? The vet said she didn't have fleas when she came to it, but she seemed to be scratching an abnormal amount so we treated her with some advantage, but we've noticed no difference. Could it be an allergy or something, or is she just into cheap spa treatments?

I have a video of this but it's 8mb and I don't know how to reduce it?
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

I have to lint roll my sofa blanket because that is Jake and Shelby's favorite "cheap spa" place Sliding back and forth and back and forth. And Shelby rolling around on her back on the carpet is an absolute crack up.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy , in particular, believes the carpet and dog duvet are there so he can roll and clean his muzzle after food. All four think carpet, three piecs suite and your legs are there to dry themselves on.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like my two...... unfortunately my OH's motobike also seems to be a nice "cheap spa" spot.......they must think they need the oil for their coats!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was around her quite a bit and didn't notice anything that would make me concerned with her. As long as she seems to be doing all this for pleasure then I wouldn't worry. Jaspar loves to squirm and squirm too on his back etc. Hopefully we will see you sometime soon on a cav walk and I can check her out then too.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Extreme backscratching??

Quote Originally Posted by cecily

I have a video of this but it's 8mb and I don't know how to reduce it?
    You can usually choose what file size to encode to. If 8mb is the smallest your video edit software will allow, download the DIVX pack and it will allow you to convert and (I think) compress the footage further.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, sounds like she's normal enough. Karlin she definitely does it for pleasure, you should hear her I feel like I should leave the room We'll be there at training on Sunday, will we see you?
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I'll be there, the sleepy one in the corner!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cecily
    Thanks everyone, sounds like she's normal enough. Karlin she definitely does it for pleasure, you should hear her I feel like I should leave the room
    you crack me up.

Post Thanks / Like

Our blen girl has been doing this for the last few days & all through the night ( she likes to use the bottom of our beds ) I did her glands but she's still doing it. Its just one of her many annoying habits.
    I think this is why her last home didnt want her...........

But its not her fault she's mental & what's a few years of sleep depravation between friends lol