• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Extreme backscratching??

cecily

Tandie really likes to rub her back along the middle rung of the chairs. She'll stand under the chair lunging back and forth and groaning for a good 5 mins at a time. She's not doing it ALL the time, but at least 2 or 3 times a day. In the morning she loves to roll on her back on the carpet, and sometimes she wipes her mouth back and forth on the carpet. :roll:

My question is, is this just normal adult doggie behaviour or might there be something else? The vet said she didn't have fleas when she came to it, but she seemed to be scratching an abnormal amount so we treated her with some advantage, but we've noticed no difference. Could it be an allergy or something, or is she just into cheap spa treatments? ;)

I have a video of this but it's 8mb and I don't know how to reduce it?

I have to lint roll my sofa blanket because that is Jake and Shelby's favorite "cheap spa" place :lol: Sliding back and forth and back and forth. And Shelby rolling around on her back on the carpet is an absolute crack up.

Izzy , in particular, believes the carpet and dog duvet are there so he can roll and clean his muzzle after food. All four think carpet, three piecs suite and your legs are there to dry themselves on.

Sounds like my two...... unfortunately my OH's motobike also seems to be a nice "cheap spa" spot.......they must think they need the oil for their coats! :yikes

I was around her quite a bit and didn't notice anything that would make me concerned with her. As long as she seems to be doing all this for pleasure then I wouldn't worry. Jaspar loves to squirm and squirm too on his back etc. Hopefully we will see you sometime soon on a cav walk and I can check her out then too. :)

cecily said:
I have a video of this but it's 8mb and I don't know how to reduce it?

You can usually choose what file size to encode to. If 8mb is the smallest your video edit software will allow, download the DIVX pack and it will allow you to convert and (I think) compress the footage further.

Thanks everyone, sounds like she's normal enough. Karlin she definitely does it for pleasure, you should hear her :lol: I feel like I should leave the room icon_whistling We'll be there at training on Sunday, will we see you?

cecily said:
Thanks everyone, sounds like she's normal enough. Karlin she definitely does it for pleasure, you should hear her :lol: I feel like I should leave the room icon_whistling

:lol: you crack me up.

Our blen girl has been doing this for the last few days & all through the night ( she likes to use the bottom of our beds :roll: ) I did her glands but she's still doing it. Its just one of her many annoying habits.
I think this is why her last home didnt want her...........

But its not her fault she's mental & what's a few years of sleep depravation between friends :? lol

AT said:
But its not her fault she's mental & what's a few years of sleep depravation between friends :? lol

OMG sounds like Charlie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cecily, I wouldn't worry too much, she sounds perfectly normal to me :lol: I know what you mean about leaving the room :lol: My two get positively orgasmic when they are rolling around and rubbing their backs on things. Maxx thinks the best thing in the world to roll around on is my eldest son's bed - but first he has to drag all the rubbish out of Rhys' bin up there and then with his muddy paws it must smell so yummy he just has to roll :badgrin:

You should hear the yells when my son sees the mess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back