• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe the Star Pup

Lisa_T

At 12 and a half weeks, Chloe canl:
instantly sit to vocal and signed command
Come when called (especially when the whistle is used)
Stay in response to vocal/signed command (still building this up)
Play nicely with Holly
Tolerate being bathed
Be left for relatively long periods of time (ie, max four hours) in her crate with minimal noise/disruption
Be clean in the house AND in her crate 70% of the time.
Amuse herself for limited periods of time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is a great start! She's not a fussy eater, so since the girls share one meal a day, Holly is becoming less of a princess about her food (she ate it- just inspected it carefully first to check for poison (!)- and Chloe's fast response to the whistle (as well as the reward) is making Holly think coming to the whistle is a good thing. Holly was always scared of the whistle before- instead of coming, she ran and hid :yikes:

Both pups are starting to play well together. If I'm holding Chloe Holly will bark and prance until I put her down, and then they chase around the kitchen. They had a spontaneous tug of war game today with no machinations from me. They'll even lie touching each other on my lap, but since Chloe still likes yanking Holly's tail. Holly is naturally suspicious about getting any closer. Fact is, they may never snuggle together- but all in all, even if things improve no further, they're happy enough.

Downside: Chloe's fascination with mugs and their contents. She drank some of my coffee last week, and this morning tipped a (thankfully empty) cup over herself. :lol: :lol: Oh well. At least it'll make me better about tidying up!

Chloe is coming along nicely. Holly may accept "little sister" in time, my own older sister didn't exactly adore me either at first. ;) Sounds like Chloe is a curious one too, that will definitely keep you on your toes! :) Ahh puppies. :lol:

Back