Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are 2 boys cavaliers good together?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are 2 boys cavaliers good together?

i am just wondering do they get aggesive with wach other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My boys get along fine, Oakley gets a bit noisy sometimes but they are always wagging their tails when they are play fighting.
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

When we brought Darby home Dudley was not at all impressed, I was so so worried. They now run around and play and get along wonderfully.

It just took a little longer than I expected for them to bond.

Darby is only 7 months old and would play constantly, Dudley likes to have quiet time and plays when he wants too.

They are not aggressive at all, during playtime they growl but those tails are always a wagging and they love one another.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not got 2 cavaliers but have an old dog a cross he is 10 years old and he has be fab with my cavalier who is about 10 mouths old --Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the dogs. People say that two bitches arguemnets are worse, because they hold grudges, yet I never had trouble with two springer girls, in 14 years.

I do have problems among my boys, but there are four of them.
    Monty gets on with anyone, Joly is only a bit growly if he wants to hang onto a toy or treat that someone else looks at (But this gets no further). However, Izzy has never liked Joly and wil go for him, if he steps out of line (ok if Joly conforms). Teddy has had behaviour issues and has gone for everyone, but top dog Izzy, even me once, but I think he's a special case.

Having said this, just Izzy and Monty together were fine; Monty easy going and Izzy top dog.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wesley and Cody can't get enough of each other! We just moved and got a huge fenced in back yard and they spend HOURS zooming around and chasing one another. Because Cody is so young he hasn't quite learned his boundaries, so he is still constantly pulling on Wesley's ears when they play. They can get pretty rowdy, but they are having a blast. They just wear each other out!

They are so bonded that Wesley almost had a panic attack when Cody left to go get nuetered. (I had dropped the little guy off at my mother-in-law's house so she could take him in the morning becuase I work). They were seperated for all of 24 hours and Wesley acted like it had been YEARS when Cody came home.

I guess it just depends on the ages of the dogs, Wesley is only 3 so he still has lots of energy to keep up with the rugrat.
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

It has always work great with Fjalar & Molder They are best friends and can't be from each other for a minute! They do everything together and it's just wonderful to watch them and see how much they love each other But actually is Fjalar sterile (he got sick when he was just 1 year old and was near dead then life, after that I had to let castrate him because if not he would die) and yes, maybe they would not be so good together if Fjalar was not sterile but I know about other two boys, either of them are sterile and it is working very well with them too
    Sunna & the dogs:
    Fjalar (8 years old tricolour boy)
    Mirra (5 years old blenheim girl)
    Molder (black & tan) - beautiful angel waiting at the Rainbow~Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I have two boys - Arthur has just been home for over a month although he is almost 6 months old.

They play constantly and cuddle up together to sleep...it is wonderful.. As others have said, they can get pretty rowdy but a quick clap of my hands and a, "BOYS, BE NICE" and all is good again. The only time Duncan has really put Arty in his place is when he is getting a good snuggle and Arthur wants some too so jumps directly on his head. I think that would piss me off too!!
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

If you were going to neuter the boys there is a good chance they'd get along fine. The only exception (and 3 of my boys are intact) is when there is a favorite toy, or treat out.

Post Thanks / Like

I was worried about this too, before getting my 2nd boy. I asked the breeder and she said that her male got along good with other male dogs in her household. So I went ahead and brought Luke home last May. He was 3.5 years old. Now, 5 months later, Luke & Pippin, my 2 adult male dogs are best of buddies. They hang out together all the time and neither one tries to pull rank on the other.

Last month I introduced Jolly, a male puppy, into the home and they have accepted him too. They like to tell the puppy that he is lower on the totem pole, but there is no marking in the house and no aggression.

Boys have worked for me. In fact my 3 male dogs are more loving towards me and more needy, than my 1 female. Merry is affectionate, but she doesn't cling to me all the time, like the boys do. Merry likes to have a little quiet time to herself. She'll go in her crate to sleep during the day or sleep in an empty room. The boys have to be in a room with other people and preferably on that person's lap.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)