• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Million Miles....

Alison_Leighfield

Would you drive a million miles to see a friend smile??? :)

Well that's what happened yesterday... ;) (well it felt like a million miles!)

A while ago I posted about my friend Jill that lost her 6yr old Cavalier "Toby" with severe SM... well after alot of hard searching we found a wonderful little Tri boy with THREE GENERATIONS of clear SM scanned family around him...and that is just fantastic! :w*w:

We drove to Lancashire (about 5 hrs each way) to collect him, we were both exhausted last night when we returned home...it was a very long day for us both.
WOW was she a very happy bunny! she cried and laughed and hugged him so tight, she couldn't believe that he was hers to love for his lifetime...I will always remember her that way...my dear Jill. Tears of happiness this time... not like the sadness that happened after the loss of dear Toby. :(

This morning she rang me early, still so very, very happy...she just sat up and watched him most of the night still not believing that he was real, ...she has called him "Billy".

What can you say to the breeder that had done all this hard work? a thank you just isn't enough,... she said she "just cared".. I could have hugged her as well!

So my friend has her new much wanted furbaby and I get to see her smile again...and alot of cuddles over the years from Billy I hope!

Just wanted to share.... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

That's a awesome story - it brought a tear to my eye! So nice to hear that another little Cav is bringing so much happiness to someone!! :D

Oh Alison now I'm crying again.

Jill is a very special I have spoken to her on the telephone and we've exchanged notes, I'm so thrilled that she has her new little furbaby - I can't wait to see some photos and hopefully to meet him in March too...

The breeder Billy came from is wonderful, she has been MRI scanning for some years...

Thank you so much Alison for your hard work in arranging this for Jill, I'm so glad you get some puppy kisses and cuddles as a thank you too :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

And a big thank you goes to another very special person in both of our lives who was involved in arranging this, but sadly isn't online :( but I think she knows how grateful we alll are!!

That is sooo wonderful! Will we get to see pictures of the baby? :lotsaluv:

Alison, Jill is really lucky to have such a wonderful friend!

I'm itching to see and cuddle Billy :hug: I'm so pleased for Jill. She really deserves this little bundle of love :lotsaluv: Have tried ringing her but the call can't be connected - I bet she's gone to bed & taken Billy with her :lol:

Allison

What a wonderful friend you are to bring such joy to Jill. :l*v:
It is nice to have such caring friends in this sometimes cruel world. :wggle:

You truly are a doll luv, sometime we get so caught up in our own busy lifes we don't make time for others. :hug:
I am glad you shared your story as it touched my heart, and reminds you
that yes we still have friends in life who would drive a million miles for someone they care about and love. :lotsaluv:

You made my day. :wggle:

I hope we get to see pictures of this wonderful wee lad Billy.
Just luv the name too, sounds like it suits him to a tee. :snap:

Will hopefully get some pics next Friday when she brings Billy to visit Aunty Whitney, Rosie and Daisy for some kind and gentle social skills!

I feel a "Puppy Welcome" party about to happen! :mexwav:

Donna ... get your boys over for the day! ???

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I'm hoping so Alison :flwr: Think of an excuse that I can give not to work that day - if I don't tell them I'm not going to work at all :badgrin:

I feel the need to buy puppy presents coming over me.... :lol:

that is just wonerful Alison what you did for her! you're such a great friend! cant wait to see pictures of the gorgeous Billy! thanks for sharing! :flwr:

What a wonderful story! :rah:

It's nice to know there are breeders out there who really do care enough to MRI their Cavaliers. (y)

I hope that one day this will be the rule, rather than the exception! :xfngr:

That's the best story I've heard in a long time. It's just amazing what these little critters are capable of bringing out in people! I love it!

Back