• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

castration

Harry & Heidi's mom

Hi,

Harry was castrated on monday, and he's been fine, but still can't figure out why he has to wear this silly cone around his head!!!

harrry.JPG

Awww Heather, that's not nice :( True though :lol: I bathed both my boys the other day and had to rebath Charlie today after he pooped and then kicked it all over his belly and stepped in it :yuk:

Heather, poor baby - he doesn't look too happy.

When Geordie was neutered he didn't have to wear a cone. I was able to keep a close eye on him several days and make sure he didn't bother his sutures.

:lol: Those "funnels" always make me laugh. Poor Harry!

Look on the bright side Harry: just think how much easier it will be for you to catch a treat!!

harry, there are many mysteries...

harry has beautiful feathers on his feet!

zack seemed to like his cone. I didn't like it, i thought it was like a torture device, it's bad enough they have surgery on their privates, and then they have to wear that? so i hated to put it on hiim, until i saw that he seemed to like it. I guess to him, anything you put around his neck is good, because he associates it with going for a walk. he only wore the cone when i wasn't home, but one night it was laying on the table and i watched him stick his head into it and he got it on and wore it around, untied, while going about his usual activities, playing with toys, watching TV, chewing things.

strange dog. i guess it takes all kinds.

he doesn't seem to mind wearing it, apart from the fact that he can't scratch his ears lol

I do take it off every night for a bit to give him a break from it, but I can't wait to get it off for good as he keeps walking into my legs and i'm covered in bruises lol

When Cody was nuetered he didn't even need the cone. I took it off of him immediately and he was just fine. His stitches were the kind that disolved and the outside was held together with surgery glue. He was up and running around like a champ the next day. It's only been two weeks and he is completely healed. I would only use the cone if he is really making an issue out of licking his stitches.

have you thought about getting a onsie for harry for the duration of the "cone wearing" time?

I didn't need to use anything on Kosmo, thank God. I watched him while I was home and made sure he didn't torture himself but the vet charged $460 for a neuter and hernia repair (not including pre-op bloodwork .. $60) and there was no way i was giving them another $25 for a piece of plastic!!

Poor harry love - you're adorable!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now you can go and play with Ebony :lol: ;) :lol:

Heather, I wonder if she'll still be as scared of him now he's not a 'boy' any more!

Harry's mom said:
just thought i'd update this,

Harry has had his stitches removed, and he's totally healed now, :flwr:

:w**h**: another milestone has come and gone. sniff. congratulations

How old?

What's the age you all neutered your little boys? I want to catch this guy before he lifts a leg. He was born July 15. Vet likes to wait to 6 months because he can check teeth and remove reluctant puppy teeth. Has anyone else had dental work done at same time? I will have to check on the cone thing.

Barkleigh is very sexually active with his stuffed toy dogs--even gets them in the "right" position and they are the only thing he mounts...but he has done that since quite young and it may just be dominance behavior, although he definitely--ah--shows his maleness.

Back