• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

And Then There Were Three !!!

misty

I seem to remember Alison writing that when she went quiet on the forum, she was up to something ..... well the same applies to me ;)

We are delighted to announce the arrival in our home of Topsy (aka Lady Topsy) :D :D :D

Topsy was rescued by my wonderful friend Cynthia, who runs NESSR. She is an older dog, tricolour and was found roaming the streets :(.

She has spondylitis in her spine and has also suffered brain damage at some point - presumably by some so-called human being. The vet says she's not experiencing pain at present.

Cynthia honoured us by asking if we wanted to be her permanent foster home. We fell in love with Topsy at first sight back in August and finally decided we just had to take her into our lives.

Topsy is decidedly wobbly, but very determined and doesn't stop wandering round the house!

Cailean is madly in love with her and Bradley is just Bradley :roll: . He's nicked Topsy's new basket and is happily scowling - rofl.

Photos soon :)

Fran, that is just fantastic

news... :mexwav: :mexwav: :w*w: :pi*no: :dogwlk: :dogwlk: :dogwlk:
AND more.... :mexwav: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :w*w:

cl*p cl*p PHEW!!!!!

icon_welcome TOPSY xxx have you a :snap: for us???

Alison,

Wilts, U.K.

taken so many photos, they're still uploading, Alison :)

You'll remember all me writing about Topsy before. She's beautiful and I'm so happy to be able to help her :)

What is it about the really needy ones eh?

I don't know Fran....but the wanting to do it again never disappears....I guess we just need to be ready inside and strong again to take the journey on..... :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Well done, you.

If dogs have the same spondylosis as people, a warm wheatbag/hotwaterbottle/ heatpad gives relief. It's worse on cold draughty days.

:w*w: That's wonderful you've got a new cavvie!
:jump: :jump:
Looking forward to photos! :snap: :snap: :snap:
I love the name Topsy for a lovely Tri girl!
So glad Cailean loves her, so he won't be stressed :D

lol, Cathy.

Cailean's only stressed by the tug on his heart strings caused by Lady Topsy :).

Cailean is just the most easy-going dog I've ever had. Topsy is just what he needs - he is desperate for a best friend.

Bradley's still working through his baggage, so Topsy's perfect for Cailean :) :).

Oh just seen the photos, she is beautiful xxx

CONGRATULATIONS FRAN AND FAMILY...and esp Cailean :D

Thank you so much for permanently fostering this special lady - so excited for you I know how much you loved her when you met her in August.

She's just fallen asleep finally, after having walked round in circles constantly since about 5.30.

Bless her little heart.

misty said:
She has spondylitis in her spine and has also suffered brain damage at some point - presumably by some so-called human being. The vet says she's not experiencing pain at present.

:)

Aawww, bless. Tell Lady Topsy I can empathise when she has flare ups with her spondylitis, I have spondylolis thesis which is similar and very painful at times. Think I'm ok as far as the brain damage is concerned though some might disagree with me on that one! lol!

Alison

fran, i'm so happy for you and can't wait to see topsy girl. you've given a good feel for her personality already. what a perfect match for caillean, so glad he has a new best friend, i know declan is smiling down now.
*ng*l

judy said:
fran, i'm so happy for you and can't wait to see topsy girl. you've given a good feel for her personality already. what a perfect match for caillean, so glad he has a new best friend, i know declan is smiling down now.
*ng*l

awwww Judy, thank you so much. I very much consider Bradley & Topsy to be Declan's legacy to us. In tears here ... what a lovely way to remember my darling Deccie.

Fran, I was just thinking to myself that I'll bet Declan sent her to you and then I read your last post :shock:

I'm so pleased that Cailean has finally found a new friend to snuggle with :lotsaluv: It'll make up for Bradley being Bradley ;) :lol:

I'm sure Bradley will soon get used to her too - once he realises she's staying as well :lol:

Really pleased for you all too :hug:

Congratulations!!!!

Fran I am so happy for you!! I can't tell you how excited I am!! :jump:

When I was reading this thread and read that it's Declan sending an angel down to you it made me have goosebumps all over! I bet Judy is right though - Declan will be watching over you always! :)

I am glad that Cailean has a new friend! :) I know this thread is not about him but in those pictures in the general gallery he sure is looking GOOD !!!! He's looking very healthy too. I am glad they will be able to hang out together.. :)

What does Bradley think of her? lol :)

Also I wanted to say, on a personal note, thank you for opening your heart to a special needs cav - there really need to be more people out there like you that are willing to take that on. What a wonderful example you're setting for others. Bless you. :flwr:

Congratulations Fran on your new addition!!!!!!!!!! :jump: and Lady Topsy is such a gorgeous name! Glad that Cailean is thrilled with her! ..so how is Bradley with her now? im sure he'll soon fall in love with her..

cant wait to see lots and lots of pictures! :snap: :dogwlk:

There's a story behind Topsy's name .....

the lady who rescued her is called Cynthia Turvey .....

Topsy wobbles and falls over ...... therefore Topsy Turvey :) :) :)

A member of the NESSR forum suggested Lady Topsy :)

misty said:
...the lady who rescued her is called Cynthia Turvey .....

Topsy wobbles and falls over ...... therefore Topsy Turvey :) :) :)...

lol :lol: makes perfect sense! she sounds like quite a unique dog. :wggle:

Fran,

Congratulations on the arrival of Lady Topsy. You are truly an open hearted lady :flwr: I wish there more like you in the world.

I'm glad Caliean likes his new girly! I'm sure Bradley will too when he gets a look in! :lol:

Back