• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How old is your cav(s) and how much do they wiegh

Jean Grant, who is involved in one of the northern England rescues, told me that most of the rescues in that area are big dogs. it was certainly true of the ones at their charity show.last year. I had Joly and Teddy with me and many of the dogs were bigger than them.

Here are my boys on the day

Img_0107.jpg

India, age 3, 17-18 lbs
Geordie, age 3, 18-19 lbs
Chocolate, age 4, 17-18 lbs

They all have waistlines, too! :)

Oooh lovely pic! Most of the cavaliers I get into rescue are large boys, too. :) The more to hug!

Daisy is 6 months old and 14 pounds. She's pretty tall and seems the right weight for her frame (to me). She has a waist, but she has filled out a lot over the last month. Maybe too many treats -- she does love her treats! We are in puppy kindergarten, and working on obedience skills, so she has been getting more treats than before. She has kind of cut herself back a little on her regular food lately. I used to give her 1/2 cup in the morning and the same in the evening, but now she usually leaves about a third of that in the bowl.

Karlin said:
Oooh lovely pic! Most of the cavaliers I get into rescue are large boys, too. :) The more to hug!

That's what I say about Maxx, all the more to hug :lol: His parents are both large dogs and his Dad is even bigger than him :shock:

That is undersized for her age though it really depends on the litter size and so on

i agree that she's small.. she has 2 other siblings, i didn't get to see the siblings because her breeder actually wanted to keep her but at the end decided to let her go, so i got her slightly ltr, she was 14 weeks already.. ( i don't know if the breeder lied bout her age though! she's CKC reg'd, not sure that proves her bday to be right.. :S )
Her dad , is really pretty, a tri-color champion and pretty small for a boy! i think bout 14 lb.. her mom is not too big either bout 12 lb i think.

I did some research before getting her .. read bout Cavaliers books and looked up reputable breeder .. and wanted a smaller cavalier ( small as in acceptable sizes not tea cup etc.. ) I liked her mom's size , that's why i got Cher.. i weighed her last night just to make sure her weight , and it was 7.4 lb .. yeah maybe she's going to be around 10-11 ? people has been asking me " How come Cher hasnt grown much ? " that's when i started to get worried .. haha she hasnt got any medical prob yet, 3 trips to the vet, vet says perfectly fine. She threw up quite a lil this past few weeks , just because i think, she ate and ran too much right after .. :xfngr: crossing my fingers that she's not one of the smaller ones that gets medical prob! :S wish me luck!

Miles' weight

Miles is 8 months and 11.2 pounds. People tell me that he's very skinny but he's getting longer and taller! I hope he doesn't get too big. When will they stop growing?

I just weighed my boys, I knew Dudley had gained weight but not this much he is now officially being cut back.

Darby is almost 8 months old he weighs 14 lbs which I think is fine.

Dudley will be 3 in January he weighs 17.8 lbs :yikes :yikes :yikes which is too much for him I would like to see him around 15 lbs. So I will need to work on this throughout the winter.

Oh Linda I think Darby has just caught up with Kosmo!! I keep thinking "kosmo must be almost done growing?!" but he keeps going and going!! It's weird becaues I don't see him putting any meat on his bones and I don't think he's growing physically, but i guess it's hard to tell because i see him every day. I don't know where all that extra weight is going!! :yikes :yikes Soon Kosmo is going to be like 20lbs!!!

An update on the boys weight...

Duncan at nearly 20 months is down to 18.5 lbs from 21 in July (YEA!!!) I think chasing baby brother has helped along with cutting back on portions.

Arthur at nearly 7 months is 10.5 lbs...I swear he gets longer and taller daily. Maybe now that he is neutered he will fill out some. It think he will be smaller than Dunc as his parents were 14 and 15 lbs.

Ashley,

Kos was the exact same weight as Duncan when he was that age!! Maybe we'll have twins! :flwr:

Bishop is 15lbs at 17 months (has weighed 15lbs for past two months now). Everyone is surprised to hear he weighs that much because he seems small, but we walk a lot, so he's muscular and loves to eat! :lol:

Back