• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Funny looking run?

GusWilson

When Gus is running around the house he looks completely normal, but sometimes at the dog park when he really gets running he starts to keep his back legs together and he looks like he is hopping?? He does wimper or show any signs of pain. Is this how Cavs run?

You have totally described Shelby's run. I was a little concerned when you mentioned a funny run because that's how Shelby was diagnosed with luxating patellas. Once I read your description though it is totally different. I thought Shelby just had a funny puppy gait but soon noticed she wasn't growing out of it and getting more steady. The best description I can give is that she listed to the side like a drunken sailor :) She never cried out though. She had patella surgery and both of her knees checked out fine at her last exam.

She does hop like a bunny though! :D Totally different from Jake. At 3 years old she still pounces on her toy like a puppy. I do believe she is part bunny rabbit! ;)

Holly does both these things- bunny hopping when playing or excited, and when she's trotting she lists to the side. Not noticeable when she's actually galloping though! No problems with her knees either.

Yep, Riley does the bunny hop thing too when excited and running (like chasing his ball or toys thrown). I always thought it was cute and i've never had a dog do this before. His knees are fine and i guess it's just something some Cavvies do when they get happy!

Back