• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our first cavalier - Sam

Vickie

As a child I didn't really like dogs, if we were out and we saw I dog we would cross the road so that I wasn't near it. Then when I was 8 we went out one saturday and visited a puppy! Little was I to know that this little puppy would become my best friend for the next 8 years.

Sam had luxating petella for the first time at 7 months old which required surgery and his other required surgery about 12 months later. I can still remember mum and dad taking turns to sit with him through out the night.

Sam grew into such a gentleman, he really was my best friend, I remember begging him some mornings to go to school instead of me or wishing that I could be a dog too and stay at home cuddling him all day. He was the perfect companion and what I now know as a typical cavalier that raelly was content sitting on your lap all day!!

Unfortunately Sam had MVD and passed away just after his 8th birthday. I still remember holding him tight that night not believing that my best friend wasn't going to be around anymore. We wrapped him up in his blanket to keep him warm and buried him at the bottom of the garden with his favourite teddy.

I can't find enough words to explain just how much you meant to me. Sam, I know that you're waiting for us at the bridge, I can't wait to see you again, I'll never forget your soft fur. Thank you for being my best friend xxxx

282183293_b0452415ae.jpg

282183294_129d76a3df.jpg

Vickie,

Thats a lovely story, thanks for sharing. Sam sure was a gorgeous dog. Glad you have such good memories.

Sam sounds like a wonderful little man and your tribute to him shows how much he was loved!

Oh Vickie I now have tears in my eyes thinking of your little one and how much he was loved. These dogs are wonderful for kids who are scared of dogs. So many of my friend's kids are afraid of dogs yet will happily sit cuddling my two, they are more like furry humans than dogs (but without the bad bits ;)).

Take care and treasure your memories of Sam - I love the 'tucked up in bed' photo :lotsaluv:

He was very special, I couldn't have wished for a better first dog.

9 years on and it still makes me cry when I think about him :cry*ing:

You're right Donna, I think if we hadn't had him I wouldn't be so soppy over dogs like I am now :D

Vicki:

He was indeed a very good looking gentleman. My last rescue boy was from Europe and he too passed from MVD in '05. Even tho' he was only with us short of 2 years, I miss him terribly.

Sheri

the photo of sam in the bed is very special. i bet he would've gone to school for you, or wth you, if he could.

wouldn't it have been wonderful to stay home cuddling with a dog all day instead of boring school!

:dgwlk:

Back